• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Gnredwing

Kronwall "tweaks" knee

Rate this topic

Left with a "minor tweak" in the 3rd. They said it was nothing serious, just keeping him out for precautionary reasons.

I worry that this happened immediately after they was injured (again, nothing "serious") the game before. I wonder if they rushed him back.

Kronwall went down really funny during that first goal that Cleary scored. Someone hit him right in the back of the knee and he went down and was kind of slow to get up. This was in the first period, so it was likely something else, but did anyone else notice this?

Kronwall went down really funny during that first goal that Cleary scored. Someone hit him right in the back of the knee and he went down and was kind of slow to get up. This was in the first period, so it was likely something else, but did anyone else notice this?

I just re-watched that play. Ortmeyer should have been in the box for interference PLUS the Red Wings goal.

Mlive is reporting that it was a tweak to the knee that occurred in the first period, so it likely was during the Cleary goal. You guys can watch it on NHL.com in the highlights of the Wings-Sharks game.

He came back into the lineup too soon.

I had a feeling. The way his knee bended against Pittsburgh didn't give me a lot of confidence that he was "fine". Sit out a 2-3 games Kronner, get that knee properly examined and don't risk anything.

I had a feeling. The way his knee bended against Pittsburgh didn't give me a lot of confidence that he was "fine". Sit out a 2-3 games Kronner, get that knee properly examined and don't risk anything.

I think it had a lot more to do with a skate blade SNAPPING OFF and then getting slew footed... bad luck doesn't mean they rushed him

This guys insurance must cost him a fortune

haha, no kidding... talk about bad luck

Edited by stevkrause

i saw this and was surprised it wasnt mentioned on TV. it was a REALLY dirty slew foot and i was worried he was gonna be out from hitting his head on the ice. If he would have been seriously injured there would have been a shi*tstorm.

It looked like it tweaked when his skate blade broke right off. The guy seriously has no luck.

It broke right off? Is that what happened? I thought he was seriously re-injured.

Of course then the dumb girl behind me was all "why doesn't he get up, gawwwwwd."

Thisclose to punching her in the face.

Yes, stupid person, I'm sure he just doesn't want to get up, and likes being useless on the ice. I'm sure that's really fun for him.

Anyhow, Anaheim would run him anyway and try to reinjure him even more.

To everyone who is jumping to conclusions and accussing the Wings of bringing Kronwall back too early...please go re-watch the Cleary goal. One, it looks like it was his ANKLE. Two, healthy or not, that was a dirty and ugly looking fall, so him being injured on the play is no surprise. He could have never had a knee problem this year and that one play could have caused it. That's all I'm saying. Did it help that he had also tweaked it a day or two earlier? No, but I don't think it's fair to blame him coming back too early. If that fluke play or dirty play doesn't happen and he helps us win, you'd all be singing a different tune. He wants to play and help us win again. So if he feels healthy enough to go, why shouldn't he? We can't keep waiting around. We have to grind it out.

Mlive is reporting that it was a tweak to the knee that occurred in the first period, so it likely was during the Cleary goal. You guys can watch it on NHL.com in the highlights of the Wings-Sharks game.

God yeah, I saw that on the replay of the first goal after noticing he got up kind of slowly. Same knee as the Staal and initial Laraque incident too. When I saw it, I couldn't believe it. Bad luck to have that knee go the wrong way in back to back games.