• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Finnish Wing

Brandon Dubinsky calling Sidney Crosby a little baby

Rate this topic

Does Sid have people that pay you to do nothing but say positive things about him all the time? Because I'd like to shoehorn in on that for myself. If I could have people going around talking me up to everyone they see, no matter what, that could do wonders for my self-esteem.

Does Sid have people that pay you to do nothing but say positive things about him all the time? Because I'd like to shoehorn in on that for myself. If I could have people going around talking me up to everyone they see, no matter what, that could do wonders for my self-esteem.

Not really, but I'm sure you would defend Datsyuk or Kronwall if you constantly saw people exagerrating truths and just generally hating on the player that they've never and most likely will never meet personally. That's all.

Not really, but I'm sure you would defend Datsyuk or Kronwall if you constantly saw people exagerrating truths and just generally hating on the player that they've never and most likely will never meet personally. That's all.

Crosby is not a Red Wing. This is a Red Wings board. Pavs and Kronner ARE Red Wings. So yeah, if people here were s***ting on them a lot, sure I'd defend them. They play for our team, and this board is for that team. This board is not LetsGoPens. What exactly do you expect? We hate the guy. So we're going to trash him. If you don't like that, don't read those threads/posts rather than lecturing people constantly about the wonders of Sid the Kid. It gets as old as you think the Crosby-bashing is.

Guest scottj
Good job generalizing that every Crosby fan is new to the game.

I'll be sure to tell all my buddies that are playing or have played NCAA, AHL, JR.A, ECHL that they don't know the game because they think Crosby is a great player.

hint: that's not what he was saying

Guest zackmorris
Good job generalizing that every Crosby fan is new to the game.

I'll be sure to tell all my buddies that are playing or have played NCAA, AHL, JR.A, ECHL that they don't know the game because they think Crosby is a great player.

That's actually not what I said. That's not even close. Either you're reaching for an argument or you have absolutely horrible interpretation skills.

The whole thing isn't about people who are already hockey fans.

I just am dumbfounded.

Edited by zackmorris

That's actually not what I said. That's not even close. Either you're reaching for an argument or you have absolutely horrible interpretation skills.

The whole thing isn't about people who are already hockey fans.

I just am dumbfounded.

Sometimes he just pretends to be like a staunch Pens fan type that hangs around LGW every now and again. When it comes to fun, to each their own I guess.

Crosby hate is hilarious. Stay jealous guys, stay jealous.

You don't see nearly as much Ovie/Kovie/Nash/Thornton etc. hate do you? So maybe, just maybe, there could be another reason besides his in game skills that is the cause, no?

i'm by no means comparing this crosby guy to the likes of gretzky or lemieux. i wonder, though, if they were as spoiled and act as consistently childish in their day as crosby? they were both super hyped (though i suppose in a different world without the internet) and expected to do great things. i'm 34, so i've seen a fair share of gretzky/lemieux games, but i don't remember anything at the level of crosby's sense of entitlement and self-righteousness (especially right out of the gate during his rookie year). any thoughts from the older posters?

Gretzky was as big of a whiner as Crosby and Lemieux was worse. I remember Mario cried when he didnt win the MVP when he lead the league in scoring saying "Well every time Gretzky lead the league in scoring he won the MVP"/

The big difference is obviously media coverage. In Gretzkys early days there was 1 NHL game on per week in Canada, now we have a whole NHL network.

You don't see nearly as much Ovie/Kovie/Nash/Thornton etc. hate do you? So maybe, just maybe, there could be another reason besides his in game skills that is the cause, no?

How many times have those guys faced us/beat us in the Stanley Cup Finals again? Oh that's right...NONE hmm maybe that has something to do with it....

How many times have those guys faced us/beat us in the Stanley Cup Finals again? Oh that's right...NONE hmm maybe that has something to do with it....

You really don't see why people dislike Crosby so much?

Ovechkin may do dirty stuff sometimes, Thornton may get chippy at times as well when things don't go his way, but it is much easier to dislike a person with an attitude problem when he acts like a 10 year old. Neither of those other guys, to me, have attitude problems where they either intentionally act like blatant a'holes all the time or act like a little child.

Do others act like a 10 year old as well, at least once in their life? In all likelihood yes. But Crosby has the magnifiying glass on him, fair or not. And when he acts like a little child as well as getting so much attention, both fair/deserved and unnecessary over-the-top attention from media, it's going to make people dislike him more than others.

It's not that hard to figure out. Some of you need to quit trying to make others feel wrong from disliking him more than others or that we are jealous of him in some way. We are not. We get that he is a great player. We just don't like the over-the-top-coverage about him and the whining/moan factor that media seems to just brush off like it's no big deal.

It's much easier to dislike a guy who either acts like a little baby or a blatant jerk most the time on purpose vs. somebody who might play hard on the ice/playing surface or maybe throw a questionable hit sometimes. At least for myself. Sean Avery is another example with the questiable attitude aspect. He does his role fairly well but plenty don't like him, at least from posts in here (while some do obviously). You can only take his attitude and drama queen attention stuff for so long at times (at least in the recent past).

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Or maybe it started way before that..

I like this Brandon Dubinsky fellow a lot now.

I've always like Dubinsky.I can see him being a legit power forward in this league some day.he's got some skill.he's not afraid to fight.i think last year he had like 10 or 11 fighting majors,not sure exactly how many.he's not very big,but neither was Theoren Fleury :cool:

You really don't see why people dislike Crosby so much?

Ovechkin may do dirty stuff sometimes, Thornton may get chippy at times as well when things don't go his way, but it is much easier to dislike a person with an attitude problem when he acts like a 10 year old. Neither of those other guys, to me, have attitude problems where they either intentionally act like blatant a'holes all the time or act like a little child.

Do others act like a 10 year old as well, at least once in their life? In all likelihood yes. But Crosby has the magnifiying glass on him, fair or not. And when he acts like a little child as well as getting so much attention, both fair/deserved and unnecessary over-the-top attention from media, it's going to make people dislike him more than others.

It's not that hard to figure out. Some of you need to quit trying to make others feel wrong from disliking him more than others or that we are jealous of him in some way. We are not. We get that he is a great player. We just don't like the over-the-top-coverage about him and the whining/moan factor that media seems to just brush off like it's no big deal.

It's much easier to dislike a guy who either acts like a little baby or a blatant jerk most the time on purpose vs. somebody who might play hard on the ice/playing surface or maybe throw a questionable hit sometimes. At least for myself. Sean Avery is another example with the questiable attitude aspect. He does his role fairly well but plenty don't like him, at least from posts in here (while some do obviously). You can only take his attitude and drama queen attention stuff for so long at times (at least in the recent past).

:clap:

Guest GordieSid&Ted
You missed that part in your "picking apart" of my reply. You're welcome.

I dunno what it is about fans like you, but you and I, we're not professionals. It's not our job to be modest and full of s*** and classy.

The league changes the rules to help Pittsburgh. They could interfere and hook and hold all game and we got called for anything. If you didn't see it then I'm sorry but you don't know hockey. Bettman being upset when we won? "Tightening" the rules to favor Pittsburgh? No suspension to Malkin? Gill and Orpik interfering for 7 straight games? Wake the f*** up.

No, it wasn't.

You want to explain to us how someone elses s***ty actions somehow negate Crosby's s***ty attitude?

This isn't a topic about any other player and their behavior doesn't give Sid an automatic pass just because he didn't do anything as bad as they did. He's still a s***ty role model. Maybe the next time I spear a guy because I'm throwing a temper tantrum, I'll just turn around and say "well at least I didn't put a hit out on someone" and I'll get off the hook.

And I don't give a f*** if he's 22. At 22 plenty of young men have grown up far more than Sid has. That's also not a valid excuse.

I wouldn't want my kid looking up to a guy who whines to any stripe who will listen when the simplest of things doesn't go his way. I stopped doing that when I was around 10 years old and my children will too. I don't want them looking up to a man who spears other players because he's pissed off, takes cheap shots at others or throws fits or ditches handshakes because he's a f***in coward. I'm a Red Wing fan partially because we don't have players like that. We have role models. Kids are sponges-do you want to be the father of the boy who sticks players in the crotch when he's upset and acts like a poor winner? I don't. Then again some of us grow up a little faster and aren't coddled little pieces of s***. I don't my kid to turn into a diver, a whiner,

BTW, next time you want to "pick my reply apart" try doing it with logic.

You're living in denial. But then again you're the local yokel who keeps digging his hole even deeper. It's not just the one stick, or any one specific thing, it's the collection of actions since day one.

And STFU about Ovie. This isn't an Ovie thread. That's a good debate waiting to happen, just so long as you can't stick your face into it.

Scott's right. You just want to be different. The more people that rag on Crosby, the more people who will pop out of nowhere and go against the grain just to be different.

I see the forums have no shortage of douchers joining up.

I suggest you get some perspective zachy boy.

Yeah, why would anyone want their kid to be like Sidney Crosby.

"well son, I would like you to be like Sidney Crosby but you see, being one of the top players in your sport, making millions of dollars, winning individual awards, winning the big one before you can even buy a beer and all the while doing a fairly good job of being as humble as possible whenever you are off the ice as well as a player who, through the media machine has started to transcend hockey to where fans of other sports know who he is and how good he is, well.........all that s*** is crazy. I would much rather you not be anything like Sidney Crosby". Congrats on getting hired at McDonald's my boy."

And talk about hypocrisy. You ***** about the guy bringing up the actions of other players yet you tout the great and unwavering classiness of the Wings. "they don't have those players" I believe is what you said.

OK. What was that about you being 10 years old? Is that your current age?

Bertuzzi

McCarty

Probert

Maltby (for every "cheap" thing Crosby has ever done, Malts has probably dove & embellished 10-15 times more).

Ciccarelli (I love Dino but he's not exactly the best role model)

The amount of vitriol that gets spewed at Crosby for the teeny, tiniest of infractions is more of a commentary on the inadequacies, insecurities, jealousies and lack of overall gray matter of the persons doing the spewing. Oh my, Crosby love tapped Dubinsky (who I think is a great player, good old American boy)....and in other breaking news, hockey players discover that their sticks can be used to whack other opponents and the **** have bombed Pearl Harbor.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
:clap:

Maybe I don't watch enough hockey. I get Center Ice. I get the NHL network. I watch my fair share of games. I actually caught a Pitt game on tv not too long ago and was impressed by just how good Crosby and Malkin both are. Can pretty much do what they want at will it seems.

Anyway, I guess I just don't see the Crosby hype machine being all that front and center. Can't recall the last Crosby commercial I saw. Heck, I can't recall the last hockey related commercial that even had a Crosby cameo. Most of what I have seen have been other players. Eric Staal, St. Louis, Phaneuf, etc...

I think much like Crosby's actions on the ice, the magnifying glass is out so it gets overblown to the point where perception becomes reality.

It's like the guy who won't hit his 16 in blackjack and inevitably that card ends up being a 5. Most of the time it's not a 5. But they recall every time that it was and that perception takes over as something that happens far more than it actually does.

Edited by GordieSid&Ted

Guest scottj

um humble? remember him downplaying zetterberg owning him?

what's up with people so ******* obsessed with this kid? get over it. nobody whines about people not liking WINGS players as much as you little ******* whine about people not liking crosby. you too dense to realize that you're not gonna change each others' minds?

GET THE f*** OVER IT HOLY s*** YOU GUYS MAKE ME WANT TO STAB MY EYEBALLS OUT WITH MY COCK

That made me laugh.

... definite fine and suspension coming.

You can't disrespect the game of hockey like that!

Ha CROSBY is the one who disrespects the game by being a little b**ch. Everyone is saying it...it's just the players and coaches who get in trouble for it.

Just yesterday I think it was he took some shots at a Predators player while he was down..he's always willing to throw in a cheap shot just like that stick work on Dubinsky..but when it actually comes down to any real physical play or squaring off with anyone he's high tailing it in the other direction. Except, of course, when his teammates are around because then he can afford to try to look tough by shoving someone after the whistle knowing that his teammates are going to jump in and protect him and finish the job.

Anyway, I guess I just don't see the Crosby hype machine being all that front and center. Can't recall the last Crosby commercial I saw. Heck, I can't recall the last hockey related commercial that even had a Crosby cameo. Most of what I have seen have been other players. Eric Staal, St. Louis, Phaneuf, etc...

In terms of hockey commercials...I'm shocked that you haven't seen that annoying Crosby-shooting-pucks-into-an-old-dryer commercial that's been played ad nauseum over the last month. NBC plays it like gangbusters during their Penguins Game-of-the-Week (hey, four weeks in a row of Penguins games, what else would you call it? :P).

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

that commercial reminds me of the movie Rookie of The Year..only it was thrown in :)

Malkin was the Conn Smythe winner and Fluery was also very strong, and a thread about either of them would not bring up comparable discussions. The last two finals certainly don't make Crosby any more loved around here, but they aren't the root cause, or it would be a universal Penguins hatred, and not just one player.

In fact, if you go to any forum for any team in the NHL (aside from the Pens ones of course), I think you would find similar diatribes of hate for Crosby.... Hell, our hate seems mild and timid if you've ever been to a Caps/Flyers/Devils/ board.. For whatever reason you subscribe to, he is a very polarizing figure.. and I'll be honest, he hasn't done anything excessive to justify it (though he's made himself look petty many times), but his league-wide image amongst fans is not a positive one.

I always thought the league would be better off not using the squeaky-clean tactic to market Crosby, because it really isn't endearing, and it certainly makes people pay extra attention to his indiscretions (would the Tiger Woods drama have been as big if he wasn't marketed as a goody two shoes?)..

Bertuzzi

McCarty

Probert

Maltby (for every "cheap" thing Crosby has ever done, Malts has probably dove & embellished 10-15 times more).

Ciccarelli (I love Dino but he's not exactly the best role model)

Are there really that many kids out there aiming for mediocrity? Kids play the game to be Gretzky, not Probert. It's when they realize that they will never be Gretzky that Probert becomes a more enticing career path, and if they aren't old enough to realize the world is not black and white by then, they never will. I would imagine the assertion being made isn't that every player we've ever had has been a quality individual on the ice, but rather that the people who serve as the face, soul, and as the focal points of the Wings franchise have been some of the classiest individuals to play the sport (Yzerman, Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Zetterberg).