• Please log in to reply
270 replies to this topic

#1 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 07:35 PM

Well folks, the time is near as pitchers and catchers are due to report to training camp in 4 days!! Screw the groundhog, this means spring is here! Still waiting to finish the final roster, so I will save that to a later date. It should be an interesting season to say the least with prominent stars changing logos this year. So here it is, baseball season is upon us!

Posted Image

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton

#2 Third Man In

Third Man In

Ready to rage.

• HoF Booster
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:23 PM

You know, I told myself when the Tigers traded Granderson that I was done with the team as long as Dombrowski was GM. I said the same thing in 2008 when Inge got shafted. And yet here I am, giddy with anticipation for baseball season. *sigh*

"When you're a Detroit Red Wing, you don't want to go anywhere." -Kris Draper
Duty Calls

#3 RedWingsFan4Life

RedWingsFan4Life

Why Jebus? Why?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:46 AM

I'm looking forward to the season but, am not looking forward to hearing Rod Allen or that s***ty April in the D song. They posted the five finalists for the April in the D song and all 5 of them make me want to go deaf. I swear the songs get worse every year.

Edited by RedWingsFan4Life, 19 February 2010 - 02:47 AM.

19 we'll all miss you....

#4 syndony

syndony

Draftee

• 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:45 AM

Hi
The T-Mac deal is absolutely fantastic for New York. They're really shedding money for next year. Of course, if they don't get anyone (which is what I'm rooting for lol), then it'll just be a worthless trade. And I also like how Houston gets Martin, that's good for their playoff run.

I'm liking your teams trade, Thomas is cráp, and I can see Law being a good shooter in a couple of years. Plus it doesn't really eat up their money so they can still make a move this summer.

The winner was clearly Minnesota today. Darko Milicic is totally going to save that franchise. Next KG right there

#5 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:12 PM

uhm, wrong thread there buddy...

Posted Image

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton

#6 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 03:34 PM

I personally can't wait for the season to start, the Tigers have a strong rotation (Hopefully Bonderman is doing as well as Verlander is saying) if they land Damon they have a decent (a few holes in it granted) offense and the Central is weak so the tigers most definitely are contenders this year.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#7 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 06:36 PM

ok......... why did we traxe granderson if we got someone older and more expensive instead? Sources at ESPN have stated that Damon is now a Tiger pending a physical.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=4931560

Posted Image

#8 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (rwfan007 @ February 20, 2010 - 06:36PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ok......... why did we traxe granderson if we got someone older and more expensive instead? Sources at ESPN have stated that Damon is now a Tiger pending a physical.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=4931560

Sold him high, the tigers believed he peaked as an offensive player, and with his pisspoor ability to hit lefties and his lack of plate discipline was hurting the tigers as much as his defense was helping. They got a lot of assets in return and have room starting in 2011 to make moves.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#9 Trapt1307

Trapt1307

Tootoo + Hem = Win

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:09 AM

Scherzer, Schlereth, Jackson, Coke, Damon>>Granderson

That's why they traded Granderson. Pitching should be really strong this year.
"Scotty hated the world and treated everybody the same, from me to Steve Yzerman,'' Legace said. ''Scotty would rip anybody, and had the personality of ant."

#10 Third Man In

Third Man In

Ready to rage.

• HoF Booster
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:22 AM

I stated my opinion about him in the 'Johnny Damon - Wings Fan' thread. I don't see him as an upgrade defensively or offensively over Guillen in left, and hopefully he's not playing center (not that the Tigers have a legitimate CF at this point). But he is a left handed bat, and at least it's only a one-year deal and not two like had been floated. Like Shaman says, the Tigers are just trying to tread water this year in a weak division. Let's just hope they spend money much wiser this time around.

"When you're a Detroit Red Wing, you don't want to go anywhere." -Kris Draper
Duty Calls

#11 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:20 PM

Yeah, a one-year deal for Damon isn't a bad thing at all. Hell, pay him 40 mil if it's just for a year, I don't care. Means you don't have any long-term messes going forward. I like it.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#12 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,608 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:15 PM

Is this a Tigers or just MLB general thread?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#13 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,240 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (Hockeytown0001 @ February 23, 2010 - 09:15PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tigers, Tracy McGrady, Sidney Crosby.

It's a potpourri thread.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#14 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 01:44 AM

QUOTE (Hockeytown0001 @ February 23, 2010 - 09:15PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

90% Tigers, but feel free to add anything MLB related as well.

Posted Image

#15 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,608 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:26 PM

Looking forward to seeing what Damon can do here.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#16 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:04 PM

So am I. It sucks he's gone, but I wish him well in Detroit.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#17 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,608 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (Electrophile @ February 25, 2010 - 11:04PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So am I. It sucks he's gone, but I wish him well in Detroit.

Just wondering, why the Yankees?

#18 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:45 PM

nice to see Austin Jackson hit a homer. One of the things he isnt really known for, so thats a plus!

Posted Image

#19 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (Electrophile @ February 25, 2010 - 11:04PM) So am I. It sucks he's gone, but I wish him well in Detroit.

Just wondering, why the Yankees?

I've answered that question about 10 times since I first mentioned I was a fan. No offense, but I'm getting a little tired of having to explain why I root for this team or that team. However to go ahead and satiate your undying curiosity.......

When I was in 6th grade (1994) my very good friend and her family were from NY. Her dad had season tickets to the White Sox so he could see the Yankees whenever they came to town. I went with them to a game one Saturday afternoon and started following the team with her. It's been what.....16 years now?

Yeesh.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#20 shaeb30

shaeb30

Jimmy Howard's Future 3rd String

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 04:29 PM

My prediction for the Tigers is 86-76 for the season. Verlander will be in the top 3 for the Cy Young again this year, and Miguel Cabrera will be right up there in the MVP race. The rotation should be the strength of this team, with Verlander, Porcello, Scherzer, Bonderman, then one of Alfredo Figaro, Armando Galaraga, Dontrelle Willis (he has had a really good spring so far!) or Eddie Bonine. They will keep the Tigers in most games, and with the decent batting lineup the Tigers have, they should be able to win some games with the big bats. The bullpen could be a strength for them too... Phil Coke, Bobby Seay, a healthy Joel Zumaya, the new closer Jose Valverde, Nate Robertson, and Daniel Schlereth. Plus whichever of the starters that dont make the rotation could be used from the bullpen as well. It sucked to see them let Polanco, Lyon, and Rodney walk for nothing... and I'm not a huge fan of the Damon signing, but I still see this being a good team this year. 86-76 will not be enough to win the division or wild card, but a solid 2nd place in the division with the Twins winning it again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users