• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

rwfan007

MLB 2010 Season Thread

Rate this topic

Carl. Crawford.

I would take back everything I have ever said about Dombrowski if he can pull it off this winter.

Crawford would be awesome, but where does he fit? We have a lead-off man and CF in Austin Jackson. Honestly, if there's one spot that the Tigers are deep in - it's the outfield. The infield is our biggest concern. I love the addition of Peralta at short, but would love to see another bat come into the mix. Honestly, if they could pick up an aging bat at 1B he could DH most of the time and then give Cabby the random days off he might need.

Crawford would be awesome, but where does he fit? We have a lead-off man and CF in Austin Jackson. Honestly, if there's one spot that the Tigers are deep in - it's the outfield. The infield is our biggest concern. I love the addition of Peralta at short, but would love to see another bat come into the mix. Honestly, if they could pick up an aging bat at 1B he could DH most of the time and then give Cabby the random days off he might need.

You could bat Crawford probably 2nd or even 3rd depending on who else the Tigers decide to surround around Cabby in the order. I'm really a big fan of Maggs and I would rather have him back than Damon as the DH if it comes down to one or the other. Neither should be playing the outfield on a regular basis. Crawford in left, A-Jax in center, Boesch in right.

I agree though - the Tigers need a TON of help on the left side of the infield and at catcher. Laird has to go and one of Peralta/Inge should be at third base if they decide to keep one around. Peralta can't shouldn't play SS every day - his defense is atrocious and he doesn't hit enough to make up for it.

Edited by GoWings1905

Somebody somewhere needs to remind Jim Leyland about the definition of insanity. As in, "Trying the same thing(s) over and over again and expecting different results".

Why oh WHY does he keep putting Valverdes in in the 9th? For whatever reason, the guy doesn't have it right now and it's as if Leyland has blinders on. He puts him in and we lose. He puts him in and we lose. He puts him in.... :wacko:

Somebody somewhere needs to remind Jim Leyland about the definition of insanity. As in, "Trying the same thing(s) over and over again and expecting different results".

Why oh WHY does he keep putting Valverdes in in the 9th? For whatever reason, the guy doesn't have it right now and it's as if Leyland has blinders on. He puts him in and we lose. He puts him in and we lose. He puts him in.... :wacko:

It's not putting him in for the 9th that kills us. It's when he comes in during the 8th in a 4-out save situation. It needs to stop because it never works.

There is no way the Tigers land Crawford. The Yankees want him, and they're going to get him. I'll hold out hope that maybe we'll make a play for Cliff Lee.

They need at least 3 of 4 against the Jays and at least 2 of 3 in Minnesota to really have any prayer. The only good news for the Tigers is they still play the two teams in front of them 13 combined times over the final month or so. That's only favorable though if they win at a very high rate.

Leyland cost them a game yesterday. He's the only person alive that still doesn't realize Valverde shouldn't come in during the 8th. It doesn't work, ever. Then he let Laird hit with two on and one out with a chance to win the game. Of course, double play ball from Gerald Mendoza to end the inning. Peralta, Avila, Kelly all on the bench and he lets Laird hit?

Scherzer and JV the next two nights. Gotta have two wins.

Edited by GoWings1905

Picked up tickets to see the Rangers and the Tigers on the 15th in Arlington.

Gotta say though, I'm going to be there in my Rangers hat instead of my Tigers hat... :tomato:

I am soooooo friggin glad this is Bonderman's last game in Detroit. He is making 12.5 million this season and did as well last year... this from a guy who has never won more than 14 games in a season. DD, what were you thinking?

I am soooooo friggin glad this is Bonderman's last game in Detroit. He is making 12.5 million this season and did as well last year... this from a guy who has never won more than 14 games in a season. DD, what were you thinking?

Agreed. I appreciate Bonderman working so hard to keep coming back from all of the tough breaks, but he is just a terrible pitcher.

Speaking of pitchers, I would link the article, but I can't recall exactly where I read it. Anyways, there was a report that said the D-Backs offered Stephen Drew for Porcello earlier this summer. There was speculation previously that the Tigers were "showcasing" Porcello. It's a very tough scenario, but I would probably prefer that trade had went down. Shortstop is a glaring need and Drew would cement that position for years to come. I also can't help but feel the Tigers rushed Porcello to the big leagues and he'll never get to the level many people expected him to. He still pitches to way too much contact and his strikeouts are going the wrong direction. With JV and Scherzer at the top of the rotation and guys like Turner and Crosby coming soon, it seems worth the sacrifice of Porcello to get a talent like Drew. Peralta/Inge cannot be the left side of the infield next season. It doesn't matter now, but interesting to speculate about no less.

well, that wraps up another Tigers season, finishing 81-81.

Accodring to DD, Laird and Damon will not be back. Avila is going to be the #1, but may only be a 5 day a week guy, with someone else backing up for a spot start a couple days a week. They will not pick up Magg's option, but may re-sign him to a cheaper contract. Doesn't sound like Bondo is in their plans for next season. Rhymes, Seizemore, and Worth will battle out the 2B position, the Tigers want Peralta to be the SS. Raburn is slated to be more of a fixture in OF, and Inge will be offered a multi-year deal this winter. JV, Scherzer, Porcello are the 3 SP who have jobs, Coke is going to get a chance to start next year, and the 5th spot could be Galarraga's or some other option. Schlereth will have the opportunity to take over Coke's spot in the BP.

That being said, we have the DH to fill, which could be Maggs, and that means we have an OF position to fill with a ton of money to spend this winter. Basically, DD can get whoever he wants **Crawford** to fill that spot. I like our shot at 2011. If not for the key injuries to the pen and the big boppers in the lineup, we would have been legitimate contenders for the poastseason this year. Next year will most definitely be a leap in the right direction now that the underperformers of Bondo, Robertson, Willis, Laird, and (I know Damon was good for the clubhouse), but he really didn't perform up to the $8 million we paid him.