• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwings8831

2010 Winter Olympics - Canada vs United States (Group A)

Rate this topic

Sorry to burst the USA's bubble but they need to still win 2 games to get to the gold medal game and the way you have played, if Miller falters once, you guys are out. Most of the comments on here it seems that you assume that you have already won.

There seems to be more USA fans coming out of the woodwork and posting now that Miller is playing well then prior to the Olympics when some people didn't like their chances.

Being Canadian we get called arrogant about hockey but seeing where this thread has gone, to being flooded by photo shopped pics of USA beating Canada, not winning the gold. Keep your celebrations to a minnimum until you have proven yourselfs best in the world or you will be made to wallow in your own s*** come Olympic end.

I don't get this.

Those who are cheering for the USA can't be excited they beat Canada at hockey for the first time in 50 years because we may not win a gold medal in the end? That's absolutely hysterical. If Canada had beaten the US, the chest-thumping, back-slapping and fist-pumping from Canadians here would have crashed the server, but you have the gall to tell those rooting for the other team, "don't get too excited, you haven't won anything yet."

Are you s***ting me? I want Sweden to win the gold and barring them, the USA of course......but who the hell here has crowned the US Olympic champs? I don't see anyone doing that. I see a bunch of people happy their team beat their rival, on their ice, in their country.

You must wear industrial-strength boxers to hold up the weight of those massive balls.

Seriously? She can cry all she wants. I may be the only curling nut on this board but that is exactly how every curling event in Canada is. If you can't play because people are making noise then you aren't a very strong player. Both of my parents have been Canadian champs and I have been around the game my whole life, this is what happens. She is just looking for an excuse.

I agree, she's a wuss. THERE'S NO CRYING IN CURLING! :P

esteef

Just bite the pillow and take it like a man!

I'll laugh it off. If in fact we get the last laugh everyone on here will be bitching if Canadians start doing the same thing you guys are doing now.

Hypocrites are funny. That includes Americans and Canadians who love to gloat.

It will be funny to see the disappearing acts and bitching coming from Yank fans if we do win. That's all I'm saying. So have your fun but expect it back even worse if things go our way.

If in fact we get the last laugh everyone on here will be bitching if Canadians start doing the same thing you guys are doing now.

What exactly are we doing now? I'm just happy the US won. I thought they had looked pretty good in the other games but I still didn't think they would upset Canada.

You must wear industrial-strength boxers to hold up the weight of those massive balls.

I'll take that as a compliment, I guess.

The game was Sunday night. I still come to this thread and see new photo shopped pics every time I open it. I think they should be thinking about who they are going to end up playing because if they don't win their next game they are done just like anyone else and the win over Canada means sweet f*** all.

I'm all for celebrating but to carry it on for days is just gloating. As Shoreline said before he celebrated but he realizes that beating Canada, all though an important morale boosting win, is just the start.

Example. As Wings fans, are you satisfied if the Wings don't win the cup but at least beat the Ducks? No. That is just stupid.

This is just a warning that's all. I don't tend to brag but if we meet up with the Americans in the finals it is going to be a lot worse for American fans because of their gloating earlier on.

If Canada loses tonight, go ahead and bash us all you want. Knowing that we could meet the Americans in the finals should still be on every ones minds.

Edited by zettie85

Speaking of "class"

esteef

I noticed when the Canadian women's hockey team was playing Finland yesterday Canadian fans were harrassing the hell out of any Finn player in the sin bin. Literally yelling, waving, pounding, etc. Go frickin' figure. Not a pretty sight to behold.

The game was Sunday night. I still come to this thread and see new photo shopped pics every time I open it. I think they should be thinking about who they are going to end up playing because if they don't win their next game they are done just like anyone else and the win over Canada means sweet f*** all.

I'm all for celebrating but to carry it on for days is just gloating. As Shoreline said before he celebrated but he realizes Canada all though an important morale boosting win is just the start.

Example. As Wings fans, are you satisfied if the Wings don't win the cup but at least beat the Ducks? No. That is just stupid.

This is just a warning that's all. I don't tend to brag but if we meet up with the Americans in the finals it is going to be a lot worse for American fans because of their gloating earlier on.

If Canada loses tonight, go ahead and bash us all you want. Knowing that we could meet the Americans in the finals should still be on every ones minds.

I know this post wasn't directed at me, but I'll take a swing at it.

Detroit losing to Anaheim is not the same as USA beating Canada. Detroit is superior to Anaheim while USA has nowhere close to the talent Canada does on their roster. Apples to Oranges.

I'm not one of those ripping the Canadians apart for the loss, but I am extremely proud of the fact that the US was able to come out of that hostile environment against a vastily superior team with a win. It's an amazing accomplishment given the circumstances, and win or lose its something American's can hold their heads up high for since it seemed so far-fetched a few weeks ago.

If you want to go at people that you feel are gloating, then it kind of sad given that Canada *should* beat the US. That being said, I would like to think most Americans (like myself) are just extremely pleased with what they were able to accomplish Sunday evening alone.

Satisfied? No. But during and after the victory over the Ducks would there be threads here full of funny photoshopped pictures, celebrations, jokes, etc. Absolutely. It's no different than now.

esteef

I'm all for celebrating but to carry it on for days is just gloating. As Shoreline said before he celebrated but he realizes that beating Canada, all though an important morale boosting win, is just the start.

I know you're upset but these are ridiculous statements. SO you come to this thread and see more photoshopped pics. What you're REALLY asking here is that ALL of us who have contributed to this thread - no matter how extreme or how mildly - should conform to your wishes and let up/calm down/act reasonably. This.is.just.not.possible. It ain't gonna happen. You will continue to see all kinds of viewpoints on this thread from the reasonable to the comic to the most insecure fans who insist upon pushing their fandom to the limit. It's obviously upsetting you to the point of multi-responses so I suggest you either stay away for now or get used to it.

And to "warn" us (?!) that if the two teams meet again it will be worse for us Americans because of those who gloated? So now you're trying to control the responses of Canadians in that scenario? You have got to be beyond thinking rationally to make that kind of statement.

I know you're upset but these are ridiculous statements. SO you come to this thread and see more photoshopped pics. What you're REALLY asking here is that ALL of us who have contributed to this thread - no matter how extreme or how mildly - should conform to your wishes and let up/calm down/act reasonably. This.is.just.not.possible. It ain't gonna happen. You will continue to see all kinds of viewpoints on this thread from the reasonable to the comic to the most insecure fans who insist upon pushing their fandom to the limit. It's obviously upsetting you to the point of multi-responses so I suggest you either stay away for now or get used to it.

And to "warn" us (?!) that if the two teams meet again it will be worse for us Americans because of those who gloated? So now you're trying to control the responses of Canadians in that scenario? You have got to be beyond thinking rationally to make that kind of statement.

Beyond thinking rationally? If Canada did beat the US in the final you would have American's down playing the loss and Canadian's saying it was the greatest win in recent history. When American's lose they can just be as sore as when Canadians lose. So all I'm saying getting this excited for a prelim. win is a little over the top. I commend the American's for their win on Sunday. I did that on Sunday. It's Tuesday. I thought was a "discuss the game" thread not a "who can come up with the wittiest caption" thread. It was a big win for the American's. I don't doubt that, but beating Canada is not the same winning a medal. You are a hockey power. You aren't Norway.

Edited by zettie85

I'll laugh it off. If in fact we get the last laugh everyone on here will be bitching if Canadians start doing the same thing you guys are doing now.

Hypocrites are funny. That includes Americans and Canadians who love to gloat.

It will be funny to see the disappearing acts and bitching coming from Yank fans if we do win. That's all I'm saying. So have your fun but expect it back even worse if things go our way.

You really do think every international game is about world supremacy don't you? Jeez you guys are wound so tight about this s***. Another loss and Cern will be eating some guy in the back of the bus or shooting up a Tim Horton's somewhere. If you guys didn't boo our team or taunt our goalie then I bet there would be less rubbing it in. Especially since its usually Canadians preaching to us about class in international relations. After all that it makes it fun to rub it in considering you just keep coming back for more. This thread would be dead without masochistic Canadians.

You really do think every international game is about world supremacy don't you? Jeez you guys are wound so tight about this s***.

It's hockey and Canada you can't expect anything less. What else do we have?

It's hockey and Canada you can't expect anything less. What else do we have?

IMAX technology.

Or what about how it was a Canadian who first discovered the zipper? That's kinda awesome. The movie "There's Something About Mary" might not have been as funny.

Guest Shoreline

Please don't take my post out of context. I said I poked fun at every Canadian I could in fun jest that whole day, and would have rightfully expected it in return. However, at the end of the day, the win is meaningless in the bigger picture. It wasn't a gold medal game, hell, it wasn't even a medal game at all. You, on the other hand, were telling people not to celebrate right after the fact, which is quite honestly ridiculous. It is expected given there's so many Canadian and American people who wanna see their country win there will be razzing. I am not suggesting at all not to celebrate. However, this was nearly 2 days ago, and I'm poking fun at the brilliant folks who are celebrating still when the lights are shut off and everyone else has gone home. Far different than what you were doing from the start and being a piss poor sport.

Health insurance. :P

That you pay for in taxes. Not including other people's health insurance that you must pay for because they are unable to pay for their taxes.

Not to say nationalized health care is a terrible thing (I personally am against it but whatever) just that there are two sides to the coin and one isn't necessarily better than the other.

BOOM.

That you pay for in taxes. Not including other people's health insurance that you must pay for because they are unable to pay for their taxes.

Not to say nationalized health care is a terrible thing (I personally am against it but whatever) just that there are two sides to the coin and one isn't necessarily better than the other.

BOOM.

And some people just can't let a joke remain a joke or let something fade away like it should without having to prove how super smart they are like a snob.

Good grief. Are you f'ing kidding me? I mean really?

:nonono:

And this has nothing to do with the fact that I made the joke or whether it was stupid or bad or not.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

And some people just can't let a joke remain a joke or let something fade away like it should without having to prove how super smart they are like a snob.

Good grief. Are you f'ing kidding me? I mean really?

:nonono:

And this has nothing to do with the fact that I made the joke or whether it was stupid or bad or not.

Waa waa waa.

Nothing snobbish about my post, I even tried to word it so people wouldn't get all huffy and puffy about it. Guess some people really can't hear other opinions about health care without getting their knickers in a bunch, eh?

You don't get it. Quit trying to be a prissy show off and impressing people with super smart details and analysis and trying to make others look like they are morons. Nobody is going to give a damn, especially when this isn't the place for such discussion. The joke happened, it happened a long time ago, it finished a long time ago. Sometimes you need to learn when to just shut up.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan