• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwings8831

2010 Winter Olympics - Canada vs United States (Group A)

Rate this topic

You mean this one? :D

4379862335_7764bcbdc9_o.jpg

Sort of, just the opposite angle where you can see Pronger's face. I'll take a pic of it and upload it in a bit (don't have my scanner here at work, unfortunately).

EDIT: Got it, along with a bonus pic from the same USA Today.

post-6183-1266938997_thumb.jpg

Pronger looks so sad. I love it. :lol:

post-6183-1266939005_thumb.jpg

There's our whipping boy. :P

Edited by edicius

Sorry to burst the USA's bubble but they need to still win 2 games to get to the gold medal game and the way you have played, if Miller falters once, you guys are out. Most of the comments on here it seems that you assume that you have already won.

There seems to be more USA fans coming out of the woodwork and posting now that Miller is playing well then prior to the Olympics when some people didn't like their chances.

Being Canadian we get called arrogant about hockey but seeing where this thread has gone, to being flooded by photo shopped pics of USA beating Canada, not winning the gold. Keep your celebrations to a minnimum until you have proven yourselfs best in the world or you will be made to wallow in your own s*** come Olympic end.

Sorry to burst the USA's bubble but they need to still win 2 games to get to the gold medal game and the way you have played, if Miller falters once, you guys are out. Most of the comments on here it seems that you assume that you have already won.

There seems to be more USA fans coming out of the woodwork and posting now that Miller is playing well then prior to the Olympics when some people didn't like their chances.

Being Canadian we get called arrogant about hockey but seeing where this thread has gone, to being flooded by photo shopped pics of USA beating Canada, not winning the gold. Keep your celebrations to a minnimum until you have proven yourselfs best in the world or you will be made to wallow in your own s*** come Olympic end.

Thanks for the concern friend, but we'll celebrate however we f***in' like.

cde64ac990f2e3b083ca7e1292ce82b8-getty-.jpg

esteef

NEWSFLASH...............Even if the Americans don't win the gold (which they probably won't), I hardly think that means automatic gold for the Canadians.

Gold, Silver, Bronze or no medal at all...it doesn't change the fact that the US was able accomplish something *Sunday Night* that no one foresaw. The fact of the matter is while most Canadians are trying to sweep this under the rug as if its no big deal, it really is....and its a huge deal for American hockey.

I'm not about to predict a gold, but this US Hockey team has accomplished something significant already in these Olympics.

Guest Shoreline

You would think with all this trash talking and celebrating from our side we just won the gold. I celebrated the day it happened, but maybe some others here don't get that was just the prelims and we're not even yet guaranteed a medal. Remember the pictures of those idiots on those overturned cars celebrating in Philly? That's what some of the people here look like now -- except we haven't even won the series yet. Just a thought, in case some wanna actually exercise some humility, particularly in case we lose and the tables are turned.

You would think with all this trash talking and celebrating from our side we just won the gold. I celebrated the day it happened, but maybe some others here don't get that was just the prelims and we're not even yet guaranteed a medal. Remember the pictures of those idiots on those overturned cars celebrating in Philly? That's what some of the people here look like now -- except we haven't even won the series yet. Just a thought, in case some wanna actually exercise some humility, particularly in case we lose and the tables are turned.

Maybe not, but this ranks up there somewhat with games like the '80 Miracle on Ice, while not topping it obviously. It is a pretty damned significant win. People get that there are still games to be played. It also has a lot to do with Canadian fans who think they cannot lose whatsoever and act like they are entitled. It's nice to see them act humbled sometimes. Let people have their fun if they're doing it peacefully and respectfully. Quit acting like a party pooper.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

im sure some may be acting like that, but what this game meant to me was beating the best team in the tournament, and especially beating all the canadians here who had such big mouths and totally disappeared when s*** wasnt going their way. im not gonna predict a gold yet, but i definitely think they showed the character and hard work to get there.

Guest Shoreline
Maybe not, but this ranks up there somewhat with games like the '80 Miracle on Ice, while not topping it obviously. It is a pretty damned significant win. People get that there are still games to be played. It also has a lot to do with Canadian fans who think they cannot lose whatsoever and act like they are entitled. It's nice to see them act humbled sometimes. Let people have their fun if they're doing it peacefully and respectfully. Quit acting like a party pooper.

Me? Party pooper? Hardly. I celebrated by getting quite drunk and poking fun at every Canadian I could talk to that day. This is not even remotely close to the Miracle on Ice. That is an insane embellishment. There's quite a difference between going bats*** insane celebrating post win and continuing to do so over a game that was only slightly meaningful because it was against Canada, who are rivals, but not the Soviets from 1980, unless I'm mistaken and Rafalski is actually a college student at UW still instead of playing for a professional hockey team.

However, I cannot pass up on the delicious irony I just read -- should we re-live your posts concerning Mardi Gras and who the real party pooper is? :)

im sure some may be acting like that, but what this game meant to me was beating the best team in the tournament, and especially beating all the canadians here who had such big mouths and totally disappeared when s*** wasnt going their way. im not gonna predict a gold yet, but i definitely think they showed the character and hard work to get there.

Uh, what Canadians? The Mule? I laughed my ass off at the disappearing act he pulled, however, just about every Canadian here was polite and made a fun poke at Americans like what happens all the time in friendly competition. Some aren't helping their case by downplaying the fact that they were outplayed by a possibly better team (not college kids, pros), but the arrogance displayed and even moreso of a game that wasn't even comparable to the Miracle on Ice reminds me quite a lot of the Phillies fans turning over cars and s*** days after, acting like complete dumbasses. Which would actually still be funny if we were doing it, if the game itself actually had that kind of meaning, or the level of players was like the David vs. Goliath, US and Soviet squads, which is most certainly was not.

Edited by Shoreline

Me? Party pooper? Hardly. I celebrated by getting quite drunk and poking fun at every Canadian I could talk to that day. This is not even remotely close to the Miracle on Ice. That is an insane embellishment. There's quite a difference between going bats*** insane celebrating post win and continuing to do so over a game that was only slightly meaningful because it was against Canada, who are rivals, but not the Soviets from 1980, unless I'm mistaken and Rafalski is actually a college student at UW still instead of playing for a professional hockey team.

I call bulls**t. When you beat a rival country that is typically one of the best for the first time in 50 years roughly, when professional sports journalists more qualified to talk about it than us say similar things, it's a very significant win. They may not be as good as those Soviets, but you get the point.

However, I cannot pass up on the delicious irony I just read -- should we re-live your posts concerning Mardi Gras and who the real party pooper is? :)

Mardi Gras isn't a sport or an international competition, they are two different things and I'm not sure what this has to do with the topic at hand.

Let people have their fun.

Well, I'm not predicting gold for this U.S. team; I'm just happy the U.S. team won Sunday night.

I'm happy the U.S. beat a Canadian team.

I'm happy the U.S. beat a team it hadn't beaten in the Olympics in 50 years.

I'm happy the U.S. won a pretty intense and exciting game.

I'm happy the U.S. beat a team that features NHL players I absolutely can't stand - Pronger and Getzlaf to name two.

I'm happy the U.S. remained undefeated, and I hope it does throughout this Olympics.

Guest Shoreline
I call bulls**t. When you beat a rival country that is typically one of the best for the first time in 50 years roughly, when professional sports journalists more qualified to talk about it than us say similar things, it's a very significant win. They may not be as good as those Soviets, but you get the point.

Mardi Gras isn't a sport or an international competition, they are two different things and I'm not sure what this has to do with the topic at hand.

Let people have their fun.

The mere fact that you in the same post compared this to the Miracle on Ice substantiates the claim that this is way over the top. The Soviets won how many golds in that era where they were beaten by college players? Before 2006, when was the last Canadian gold? If anything they have a history of choking in the olympics, and the high expectations are from within their own borders. No doubt there's a rivalry and that is why the game was important at all, but the meaning of it is only for the sake of bragging rights, and probably best served when the tournament is actually over in case that excessive celebration over a game that was hardly as meaningful as being exaggerated smacks one in the face. That's just my opinion. I'm more than willing to stand along the side and make fun of the people still celebrating like the game had just ended still. Either way.

And Mardi Gras is a celebration typically known for it's historical roots but mostly gets it's attention for things that you were having a girly hissy fit about, so it was ironic you were, of all people, calling me a party pooper. Too good to pass up. :lol:

Guest Shoreline
Just bite the pillow and take it like a man!

:lol:

I really feel bad for zettie though..

Ok I lied, no I don't.

Edited by Shoreline

The mere fact that you in the same post compared this to the Miracle on Ice substantiates the claim that this is way over the top. The Soviets won how many golds in that era where they were beaten by college players? Before 2006, when was the last Canadian gold? If anything they have a history of choking in the olympics, and the high expectations are from within their own borders. No doubt there's a rivalry and that is why the game was important at all, but the meaning of it is only for the sake of bragging rights, and probably best served when the tournament is actually over in case that excessive celebration over a game that was hardly as meaningful as being exaggerated smacks one in the face. That's just my opinion. I'm more than willing to stand along the side and make fun of the people still celebrating like the game had just ended still. Either way

Fair enough. It is still an extrememly significant win.

And Mardi Gras is a celebration typically known for it's historical roots but mostly gets it's attention for things that you were having a girly hissy fit about, so it was ironic you were, of all people, calling me a party pooper. Too good to pass up. :lol:

Not really ironic, because Mardi Gras isn't a sport or an Olympic competiton or whatever - and I wasn't wallowing in on people's fun in here or anywhere about Mardi Gras in general. Not really relevant to the topic at hand so I have no idea why it's even worth mentioning. Nobody outside of yourself is even going to know what the heck I was talking about, nor care that badly, so it really isn't worth "sticking it to me" or anybody. I certainly don't care that badly, so I'm sorry to ruin your high horse moment.

Speaking of "class"

esteef

Seriously? She can cry all she wants. I may be the only curling nut on this board but that is exactly how every curling event in Canada is. If you can't play because people are making noise then you aren't a very strong player. Both of my parents have been Canadian champs and I have been around the game my whole life, this is what happens. She is just looking for an excuse.