• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwings8831

2010 Winter Olympics - Canada vs United States (Group A)

Rate this topic

the US team wanted it more, they mesh better, they play better together and have more heart

this hurts to say as a Canadian

enjoy the spoils of victory

this pic sums up the shame and embarrassment of team Canada

2ecgcuq.gif

I love the face plant there by the Sasquatch.

not even close to bashing

cause its the truth...

It's a sad state of affairs when you're attempting to degrade an American city (who, by the way is home to your favorite NHL team) that everyone knows is struggling economically to compensate for your country being beat on their own ice at their own game.

Got a link? I'm not sure which Canucks board it is.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/265218-gdt-...a/page__st__960

You will have to scroll back a few pages, or just click the profile and read post by post. Basically, everthing that USA did was pure, 100 percent luck and that Canadians are the superior race.

From Stan Fischler(twitter):

The most overlooked aspect of Uncle Sam's win on Sunday was the fact that Ron Wilson, plain and simple, outcoached Mike Babcock.

Edited by Manoir

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24
It's a sad state of affairs when you're attempting to degrade an American city (who, by the way is home to your favorite NHL team) that everyone knows is struggling economically to compensate for your country being beat on their own ice at their own game.

m not in ANY way feeling "down" or..or "sad" for that matter. this wasnt even for a medal so ..i really dont get why american fans are making a big deal in this. its like your sayin youve already won gold.

its a tough loss to take in...but at any rate its not something thats going to affect me emotionally.

The most overlooked aspect of Uncle Sam's win on Sunday was the fact that Ron Wilson, plain and simple, outcoached Mike Babcock.

I didn't know Ron Wilson stopped all those shots against Canada and forced Brodeur to become a human sieve.

m not in ANY way feeling "down" or..or "sad" for that matter. this wasnt even for a medal so ..i really dont get why american fans are making a big deal in this. its like your sayin youve already won gold.

its a tough loss to take in...but at any rate its not something thats going to affect me emotionally.

Well, we haven't done it in 50 years, and it's clearly afecting you emotionally. It's all good, yo.

I love this little blurb from CTV/TSN's game summary:

The atmosphere was booming, fitting for a rivalry game of this magnitude. The U.S. team wasn't greeted so politely at Canada Hockey Place although the booing was gentle considering how high emotions were running.

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/hockey/news/news...html?cid=rsstsn

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/265218-gdt-...a/page__st__960

You will have to scroll back a few pages, or just click the profile and read post by post. Basically, everthing that USA did was pure, 100 percent luck and that Canadians are the superior race.

It's a Canucks board and some of them are disowning Ryan Kesler. Jeez.

this wasnt even for a medal so ..i really dont get why american fans are making a big deal in this. its like your sayin youve already won gold.

So I guess when the Red Wings win a game that isn't in the playoffs or for the Stanley Cup, we shouldn't bother getting excited since it clearly didn't mean anything. Because getting excited would be like saying we already won the Cup.

The USA has impressed me the most in this tournament, Finland right behind them, so I'm not surprised at all they beat Canada tonight. I said from the beginning that Canada wasn't the best team in this tournament and so far I've been right, we'll see what happens next.

Despite being Canadian, I'm happy for Miller, as you can tell from my signature, I'm a Michigan State fan.

I was driving in my car earlier today and Miley Cyrus was on the radio and i sang along for 30 seconds before i realized what kinda terrible juju i put upon team Canada.

DAMN U MILEY AND UR CATCHY LITTLE SONG!

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

"oh yaay, we beat the canadians"

i mean i get that you're all happy that you won, but can you say it will be the same story if they meet for a medal? thats right..cause you dont..

if canada plays like they played tonight then its clear that the us was a more dominent team then canada...but until then...lets enjoy the hockey, and the qualification rounds!

I was driving in my car earlier today and Miley Cyrus was on the radio and i sang along for 30 seconds before i realized what kinda terrible juju i put upon team Canada.

DAMN U MILEY AND UR CATCHY LITTLE SONG!

Dude, forget about Canada. You need to consult a Wiccan to help you get rid of the bad juju you placed on yourself by singing that song.

i mean i get that you're all happy that you won, but can you say it will be the same story if they meet for a medal? thats right..cause you dont..

if canada plays like they played tonight then its clear that the us was a more dominent team then canada...but until then...lets enjoy the hockey, and the qualification rounds!

No offense, but what exactly is the point of this? The people rooting for Team USA are happy they won. We beat a rival squad, no different than the Wings beating the Blackhawks or the Blues or the Sharks or whomever. We're all well aware that this game wasn't for a medal. Are we supposed to qualify every "YAY WE WON!!!" post by saying "This totally didn't win us a medal but....."?

Come on now.

Babcock did make a couple crucial mistakes - playing Brodeur, not calling a timeout at the end - so I can't totally disagree.

you mean we didn't just win gold?

This was a big game. The USA won. Canada choked. Canadian fans go into "this game doesn't even matter" mode, just like the World Junior Championship. No, USA has not won gold and nobody says we have. But, Canadian fans pretty much talk like their team had won gold before the tournament even started. Great win by USA!

Canada's top players are weak in big games, and I've been saying that from the beginning. Crosby has had two below average Stanley Cup Finals, Iginla hasn't won anything in the NHL and neither has Thornton, plus Calgary and SJ are the biggest choke teams in the NHL! Nash has only been in the playoffs once, and we took the Blue Jackets out 4 straight! Pronger, Neidermayer, and Brodeur need to lead this team or else Canada's done when they face Russia on Wednesday.

Look who scored tonight for the USA Rafalski, Langenbrunner, and Drury, all Stanley Cup Champions.

No offense, but what exactly is the point of this? The people rooting for Team USA are happy they won. We beat a rival squad, no different than the Wings beating the Blackhawks or the Blues or the Sharks or whomever. We're all well aware that this game wasn't for a medal. Are we supposed to qualify every "YAY WE WON!!!" post by saying "This totally didn't win us a medal but....."?

Come on now.

But you damn well know that if Canada won this one, they'd be treating it like they won the gold.

But you damn well know that if Canada won this one, they'd be treating it like they won the gold.

That was kind of understood. I mean, look at the first game of these Olympics when Canada beat Norway 8-0 and the US only beat Switzerland 3-1. Many posters here rooting for Team Canada were basically handing out the flower bouquets.