• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwings8831

2010 Winter Olympics - Canada vs United States (Group A)

Rate this topic

You don't get it. Quit trying to be a prissy show off and impressing people with super smart details and analysis and trying to make others look like they are morons. Nobody is going to give a damn, especially when this isn't the place for such discussion. The joke happened, it happened a long time ago, it finished a long time ago. Sometimes you need to learn when to just shut up.

1. Once again, nothing prissy or showing off in my post. I didn't call you a moron and like I have repeatedly said attempted to be as civil saying it as possible.

2. If you don't give a damn, why are you so upset about it? Take a chill pill, man.

3. It happened yesterday. My post was only a few hours after. Perhaps YOU need to learn when to calm down and not get all upset when someone puts their civil opinion in there.

Yikes.

I stand corrected on the latter, but my other point to you still stands. You still don't get it. You weren't being funny. Learn when to shut up sometimes and not say anything and not act like a big shot. I'm done with this.

:blink:

So how about the Canada/Russia game, eh?

You don't get it. Quit trying to be a prissy show off and impressing people with super smart details and analysis and trying to make others look like they are morons. Nobody is going to give a damn, especially when this isn't the place for such discussion. The joke happened, it happened a long time ago, it finished a long time ago. Sometimes you need to learn when to just shut up.

Since I've been guilty of doing this stuff myself - adding commentary that only foments and sidetracks thread topics, I feel I have the right to comment. :cool: The "health insurance" response WAS very funny and should have been able to stand on its own merits without diluting it. Any intellectual/political responses should have gone to that most weird and wondrous thread in the water cooler section, maybe by directing further conversation there? And since I sense this may not be over, as a favor to me and probably others, could you take any further discussion on this topic to that location? Thankyouverymuch. :)

Edited by Vladifan

Seriously? She can cry all she wants. I may be the only curling nut on this board but that is exactly how every curling event in Canada is. If you can't play because people are making noise then you aren't a very strong player. Both of my parents have been Canadian champs and I have been around the game my whole life, this is what happens. She is just looking for an excuse.

yep i see it that way too. if you can throw someones game off like that, why not? i know id be yelling.

yep i see it that way too. if you can throw someones game off like that, why not? i know id be yelling.

"Woods putting on 18 for the win. Here he goes into the backswing," and some ****** sets off an air horn, and you think that would be ok? Same thing here. Even the Canadian skip said it needs to be quieter.

It's all about sportsmanship.

"Woods putting on 18 for the win. Here he goes into the backswing," and some ****** sets off an air horn, and you think that would be ok? Same thing here. Even the Canadian skip said it needs to be quieter.

They gotta win every medal possible while the tournament is in their country by any means necessary.

There is always 4 or 5 games going on at any time. If someone makes a good shot on sheet A people wil cheer. If people on sheet C hear it big f-in deal. If you want to play at this level you should know how to deal with crowds. Give me a break.

I know they were doing it for the Danish team but what is the difference if she hears it and so does the sheet next to them. They both have to deal with noise yet the rest of the rinks are not complaining. Curling is a mental game, unless you are sweeping.Iif you lack mental toughness you shouldn't play the game at that level.

Edited by zettie85