• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwings8831

2010 Winter Olympics - Canada vs United States (Group A)

Rate this topic

Sure would be interesting to see Canada Vs Russia and the loser going home with no medal.. That was the supposed "gold medal" game right there.

Makes the game even more interesting than if it was the gold-medal game.....winner will probably still be considered front-runner for the gold, but the loser gets no silver, no bronze.....nothing. I think that definitely makes it must-see hockey.

The win was sweet of course. What made it truly delectable, however? The abject humiliation of Corey Perry. First, he runs face first into his own man (Staal), which causes none other than fellow A-hole Pronger to flop on top of both. Later, he gets out-hustled by Kesler for the empty net clincher, and is left on his knees, gazing at the boards in defeat.

Absolutely priceless. The Hindus may be on to something with that Karma thing, Corey.

Edited by Grateful Gadsby

The win was sweet of course. What made it truly delectable, however? The abject humiliation of Corey Perry. First, he runs face first into his own man (Staal), which causes none other than fellow A-hole Pronger to flop on top of both. Later, he gets out-hustled by Kesler for the empty net clincher, and is left on his knees, gazing at the boards in defeat.

Absolutely priceless. The Hindus may be on to something with that Karma thing, Corey.

The picture of Parise and Langenbrunner celebrating in today's print edition of USA Today is pretty good with Pronger in the background to their right, all dejected and pouty.

I wonder if this will do good for the NHL. Both teams have NHL players so people could think that this is the same type of caliber of a NHL game and monitoring websites, the game last night is getting a lot of press.

Well, Canada has proven to be embarrassingly inadequate at hockey, speed skating, bobsleigh, skiing, and not killing Georgians. BUT AT LEAST WE'RE IN THE LEAD FOR THE EVEN MORE BORING VERSION OF FIGURE SKATING, RIGHT?! <_<

Christ, March 1 can't come fast enough. These Games have been a complete failure for us.

I don't think I would call it a failure yet. Its not like they are eliminated from the tournament or got outplayed by the US squad. If Canada and the US played 10 times, they would probably win 8 of the 10 times. Don't commit suicide yet. Still a lot of hockey to play. Germany is going to get their ass kicked.

Sure would be interesting to see Canada Vs Russia and the loser going home with no medal.. That was the supposed "gold medal" game right there.

Hahaha, this makes me laugh. Either Canada or Russia will not get a medal! This is great, the match up everybody thought would be the gold medal match-up is now a game just to see who will get A medal. Go USA!

Had some friends over for the game last night and everyone was going friggin nuts. Much fun was had by all.

Miller was unreal almost the entire evening. After the game he was calm, cool and collected. He is the rock from which all the other players seem to be drawing confidence from.

The entire team was hungry and played wonderful. Kessler beating out Perry for the empty netter summed it up perfectly. Drury did what he has done his entire career by scoring big goals at big times. Rafalski....what the heck does anyone say besides holy crap! Ryan Suter played the best game I've ever seen him play. Very physical and smart. I could go on and on. Down the line it was a total team effort. Ron Wilson and Brian Burke probably have perma smiles.

This game might not have been a medal game, but in effect it was. Canada will have to play Russia after Team Canada unleashes hell on Germany tomorrow. Either Canada or Russia will go home without a medal. Crazy stuff. One of those two teams could easily run the table and win gold still.

Another gem from a sore Canadian on the Canucks board:

"I think it is interesting that in canada when we lose a game or do poorly we tend to say it was the other teams goalie. Miller was good I will say that, but I don't think he stood on his head nor were our chances really that great. A lot of shots from outside or low to the poles. In short Miller made the saves he should make, the only point was that there was a lot of them - same with hiller. Canada is great at putting pucks on net and then saying the goalie saved the team, but how many people would say miller or hiller put on a clinic."

What a fantastic game.

Even with the Americans scoring 41 seconds in, Canada pretty much dominated the first half of the game. In the second half the Americans finally got their wheels, or maybe Canada just tired.

Anyway there was a lot intensity to the game.

After the U.S., normally I'd pull for Canada to win gold - especially this year with Yzerman and Babcock in prominent postions. However this year there are so many players on Team Canada that I just can't stand - Crosby, Pronger, Getzlaf, Heatley, Neidermeyer and Perry - that my order is now USA, Finland and Russia.

"I think it is interesting that in canada when we lose a game or do poorly we tend to say it was the other teams goalie. Miller was good I will say that, but I don't think he stood on his head nor were our chances really that great. A lot of shots from outside or low to the poles. In short Miller made the saves he should make, the only point was that there was a lot of them - same with hiller. Canada is great at putting pucks on net and then saying the goalie saved the team, but how many people would say miller or hiller put on a clinic."

Thats pure gold. I might have to join this forum!

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5
Well, Canada has proven to be embarrassingly inadequate at hockey, speed skating, bobsleigh, skiing, and not killing Georgians. BUT AT LEAST WE'RE IN THE LEAD FOR THE EVEN MORE BORING VERSION OF FIGURE SKATING, RIGHT?! <_<

Christ, March 1 can't come fast enough. These Games have been a complete failure for us.

Maybe you should go out and party downtown instead of sitting at home on this forum.

So Yanks get pissed if we say Miller won you the game and they also get pissed if we say Miller didn't win you the game?

Please clarify what it was that actually won you the game.

So Yanks get pissed if we say Miller won you the game and they also get pissed if we say Miller didn't win you the game?

Please clarify what it was that actually won you the game.

Ryan Miller's goaltending was the driving force behind USA's win. It doesn't matter how bad a game that Brodeur had, Team Canada has enough firepower to pot 5-6 goals a game and they didn't get it done. The reason I posted the comment from the Canucks board was because it was strikingly similar to Crosby's comments back in 2008, saying that Zetterberg's great defensive play was just ho hum, nothing anyone else wouldn't have done.

A lot of Canadian fans are bitter about the loss because "We're Canada, we're supposed to win at hockey." They didn't, so the excuses are coming out. Much like how they were making this game out to be one of the biggest ever, and then brushed it aside as no big deal after they didn't achieve the ideal result.

This thread isn't complete without this vid.

That comment about Kane made me lol

Is there ANYONE who can remove the swearing from this video text??? I would love to post it on my facebook but cant' because of the swearing- I have many Canadian friends and family and would love to show them this but need it cleaned up a bit.

I've worked for a church for the past several years and really don't think it would be appreciated.