United States

Switzerland

Finland

Czech Republic

Russia

Canada

Sweeden

Slovakia

...the top three teams all got placed in the opposite bracket. that means that one win against canada, russia, or sweeden is all that stands between us and the gold.

...the swiss we have beat, but i'm still nervous about tomorrow. hiller can get hot. he almost beat canada single-handedly. and i'm afraid that we might be a little over-confident.

...we should be the favorites against finland or the czech's as well. but both teams are more than capable of beating us, obviously.

...if we do what people expect us to, we'll get silver. if we do what we've shown to have the potential to do...one game...win one game that we shouldn't...GOLD MEDAL.

Edited by blueadams

Yeah, Team USA put themselves in a damn good position with that first seed. I really think Finland might be the greatest threat there, should they beat teh Czech Rep.. But the USA's looked impressive to me. Fast and skilled.

Finland will put up a fight in every game they play, and I think they're a much tougher game than the Czechs. I'd much the rather the US be on the other side of the bracket and have to play Sweden (yes I know they beat the Finns, but I feel that their style of play doesn't match up as well as Finland's does). Plus I kind of have conflicting interests if the US and Finland play.

USA is a little over-rated. Got badly outplayed by Canada but Miller stood on his head. Finland or the Czech's could definatly beat them.

Either way they'll get smoked in the finals if they make it.

So if Miller pulls off another amazing performance, (which is very likely) there is still no chance?

USA is a little over-rated. Got badly outplayed by Canada but Miller stood on his head. Finland or the Czech's could definatly beat them.

Either way they'll get smoked in the finals if they make it.

The Finns have got to be loving their chances. Czech Rep didn't look great against Latvia and the game went into OT, meaning they'll be tired. Then they'll face the US, a good team but they rely on hard work and a hot goaltender. Finland has some pretty good goaltending themselves and aren't known for being outworked.

The more I think about it, a Sweden-Finland Gold Medal game doesn't seem unlikely. But Sweden definitely has a tougher road there, I'm really worried about the Slovakia game.

Another thread without line combinatons from blueadams? :scared::D

Just messin' with ya...

The Olympics are a short tourney for hockey. So while Canada shoyuld be disappointed that they lost to the U.S. and had to play an extra game and not to downplay the victory for the U.S. because it really is a big deal - seeing an upset or two shouldn't be too surprising given the short nature of the tourney (Latvia won a couple of games to surprise in the last Olympics, so did the Swiss, etc.). Not meant to downplay the U.S. victory, just using that as a current example.

The U.S. SHOULD beat Switzerland, but in just a 1-game elimination decider, any team can win on any given night. So while the U.S. will be favored and SHOULD win, I will not be shocked if they lose. Not because of the team or personnel, but because of the 1-game theory.

The Swiss would make me very nervous. Those neutral zone trapping, Swatch wearing, Ski loving, army knife wielding, chocolate eating bastards are tough.

Not to mention the cheese, chard, steak...

I'm not too nervous about the Swiss, although as folks have said, anything can happen when it's one game.

I'd be nervous to face Canada or Russia.

It's hilarious to me when people make predictions during a 1 game tourny. As was said before any given team can win on any given night. Just depends on the bounces.

Although I will say that the way the US has been able to put goals in, they should make it to the finals. We will see.

As said before, Finland has been a tough opponent for USA in recent years.

So has Canada and we all know what happened with that game, besides, both US and Finland have to beat another team before we can even begin talking about this matchup

better watch out for Karma, Latvia almost upset the Czech's last night so anything can happen we might be talking about the Swiss playing the Czechs'

although never underestimate the determination of Americans

Edited by WingNutt

The US have to play the winner of Russia/Canada no?

As opposed to Sweden who get the winner of Finland/Czechs?

Based on this, I think Sweden has the easier path to the finals.

nope, its the other way around. USA plays the Fin/czechs, Sweden would have to play the russians or canadians

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

as someone mentioned before..any given team can win on any given night

the latvians upped their game last night against the czechs...i dont think ANYONE thought that it would be tied after 60 minutes.

i hope there is at least one upset today and if were to pick one id say czech republic.

what happened to jagr? they said he left during the game. injured?

It's hilarious to me when people make predictions during a 1 game tourny. As was said before any given team can win on any given night. Just depends on the bounces.

Although I will say that the way the US has been able to put goals in, they should make it to the finals. We will see.

right, i mean, why fill out rosters or select coaches. s***, let's not even play the games. just flip some coins on a randomly generated bracket and hand out medals accordingly. there's obviously no element of skill or teamwork involved.