• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

redwings8831

2010 Winter Olympics - Quarterfinals

Rate this topic

Team USA plays better defense, sure. But if (as it clearly appears) that Canada has found its chemistry (matched with intensity), they will be tough to beat, no matter how good Miller is in goal.

Doesn't this assume that Canada can beat Sweden? Because I think the only way Canada is playing the US again is in the Bronze Game.

I love how the score is 7-3 and the whole arena is up in arms because Too Many Men wasn't called when the puck went off someone's skate as he was getting off the ice.

Really? You need that powerplay?

Edited by skyphoenix

Team USA plays better defense, sure. But if (as it clearly appears) that Canada has found its chemistry (matched with intensity), they will be tough to beat, no matter how good Miller is in goal.

If this team Canada showed up in that Canada USA game, I think things would have turned out much much much differently.

That said, thats Olympic hockey. One bad game, you're dead.

This is starting to look like a damn All-Star game.

Part of the reason why my father thinks the Olympics should go back to being for amateur athletes only, and he hopes Bettman doesn't send NHL'ers to Sochi in 4 years.

I tend to agree with him, especially considering some countries we face don't have the luxury of sending a bevy of NHL talent.

:rolleyes:

It hit a guy's skate when he was going to the bench.

Don't whine because that's not a penalty.

Actually, that is a penalty. That is actually the exact definition of the penalty. The player leaving the ice cannot in any way come into contact with the play, even accidental.

I love how the score is 7-3 and the whole arena is up in arms because Too Many Men wasn't called when the puck when off someone's skate as he was getting off the ice.

Really? You need that powerplay?

whats with the attitude that Your s*** dont stink. Regardless if the americans /canadians/ or the jamaicans are playing.. if its a penalty .. call it.. you cant tell me that your fans wouldnt want the call made.. be real!

Actually, that is a penalty. That is actually the exact definition of the penalty. The player leaving the ice cannot in any way come into contact with the play, even accidental.

:lol:

Well s***, then teams should always shoot the puck at the skates of the player leaving for the bench.

You've just solved the entire evolution of hockey strategies. The Leafs should hire you.

whats with the attitude that Your s*** dont stink. Regardless if the americans /canadians/ or the jamaicans are playing.. if its a penalty .. call it.. you cant tell me that your fans wouldnt want the call made.. be real!

What are you talking about? You're already up by 4 goals, there is no need to call a silly penalty against the team who is down by 4 goals.

NO!!! f*** the Jamaicans!!! I hate their hockey team.

:rolleyes:

It hit a guy's skate when he was going to the bench.

Don't whine because that's not a penalty.

Again.. if it happens in the american game.. we will watch all of you loose your s*** ... call a fair game.. regardless of score.. simpe idea isnt it ?

Again.. if it happens in the american game.. we will watch all of you loose your s*** ... call a fair game.. regardless of score.. simpe idea isnt it ?

lol Right, because I would be really worried about the puck hitting some guys skate while he was getting on the bench when my team was up by 4 goals.

That's not how it's usually called. Plus there's some crazy 3m rule or something in IIHF play.

What are you talking about? You're already up by 4 goals, there is no need to call a silly penalty against the team who is down by 4 goals.

This is just silly.

A penalty is a penalty, regardless to what the score is. Hell, 4 goals isnt exactly insurmountable, and that really doesn't matter. Even if the score was 26-2, a penalty is a penalty and should be called the same regardless.

This, in a nutshell, is the problem with 90% of officiating anyways. Penalty calls should not be relative... there should be no "make up" calls, score should have no influence on a penalty, nor should the players reputation.

Sadly, refs are still humans, and often stupid humans, so this is never going to go away.

Regardless, if it was your team, you would not have the same attitude and you know it.

Guest micah

Shhh! Perry is being interviewed. He's gonna explain his dominance overOvy, Pavel and the rest...