• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

redwings8831

2010 Winter Olympics - Quarterfinals

Rate this topic

Actually, I am a Canadian having a conversation on an American hockey forum, exactly because I am sick of "informed" answers. Canadians as a demographic know their hockey pretty well, probably as good as anyone in the world, but when it comes to the Olympics, they are a pretty annoying bunch to listen to, every penalty is a plot against us, etc... Its either a crowd of people blindly ignorant to our faults, or a group of chicken littles yelling about how the sky is falling.

LOL, you should see us talking about the Red Wings around here.

We do that s*** here all the time.

Word.

What in hell is wrong with Russia? All the firepower in the world, 2 good goalies, pretty sharp defense...

Too much star power maybe?

I used to think along the same lines regarding the Blue Jackets, maybe it IS the coaching.

What in hell is wrong with Russia? All the firepower in the world, 2 good goalies, pretty sharp defense...

Too much star power maybe?

What sharp defense?

Markov and Zubov aren't playing. These other KHL players suck balls. I've already talked about their defensive forwards.

You can't call an Olympic crowd a "Canadian" crowd, especially when vancouver is what... 2 hours from Seattle. I don't think you were so much hearing Canada cheer against the USA, more... the world cheering against the USA.

Umm... if that makes you feel better. ;)

( Also, everyone loves an underdog. Frankly, I was cheering for the Swiss when they played against Canada )

Fair enough. All those red jerseys in the stands could have been Swiss, I suppose. ;)

What sharp defense?

Markov and Zubov aren't playing. These other KHL players suck balls. I've already talked about their defensive forwards.

volechenkov has been uncharacteristically bad too, he has missed a few of his hit attmempts

Wow, NO defense.

Whats the, the 4th two on one the goalie had no chance on.

Amazing tape on tape and coordination by Canada. Frankly, if I was on any other team in this tourny, I would finally start to feel nervous!

Both these teams deserve to be right where they are in this tourney. Canada isn't looking special, Russia just looks atrocious.

2 goals for Perry. I think I'm going to vomit.

Well, at least it looks like both of these teams suck at defense, which means USA has a better chance of Gold.

Team USA plays better defense, sure. But if (as it clearly appears) that Canada has found its chemistry (matched with intensity), they will be tough to beat, no matter how good Miller is in goal.