• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
toby91_ca

David Booth Takes Another Shot to the Head

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline

I'd rather wait for the video to come to any conclusions but I find the "head down" part interesting.

when dealing with head injuries, he needs to just take this season off and do what he can to get fully healthy for next season. when you get one concussion, you're so more susceptible to 2, 3, 4, etc.

From what I understand from the new rule, this is a legal hit. They are taking out blindside hits to the head.

Alright, so that was a clean check. But it was shoulder to head contact, which is a no-no now. The NHL f***ed up again, Spacek wont face discipline and he shouldnt, but in the new rules, he broke the rules.

From what I understand from the new rule, this is a legal hit. They are taking out blindside hits to the head.

Only blindsides? That's fine then, I was confused because today Bob McKenzie mentioned shoulder to head contact, and in this case it's totally clean. No big deal, feel bad for Booth, he's a real good player with no luck.

Only blindsides? That's fine then, I was confused because today Bob McKenzie mentioned shoulder to head contact, and in this case it's totally clean. No big deal, feel bad for Booth, he's a real good player with no luck.

Yeah watching NHL on the fly last night, they were saying that keeping these types of hits in the game makes sense. I mean you gotta keep your head up. Booth should have learned that by now, granted the first one was a blindside hit but still. Apparently on the Filppula goal last night, Raffi got blindsided by Boyes right after he dumped the puck in. They used this as an example when I was watching this morning.

Guest CaliWingsNut

@sgorten: Regardless of whether he's released 2nite, Booth expected to travel with Fla 2 Ottawa when the team buses from Montreal on Fri

Good clean hit. Unfortunate response.

this to the tee. dead on.

The hit from Richards on Booth was a blindsided cheap shot and BS - This was a clean HOCKEY hit and ALL Booth's fault... you do not enter the zone with your head down and expect not to get laid out... to take it even further, it looked to me like Spacek actually held up a little at the end once he realized Booth was vulnerable and could have went THROUGH him, rather than just hit him.

to sum it up - Beauty of a hit by Spacek and hopefully Booth is ok...

don't listen to tsn all they want to do is

1268926640.jpg

As for booth, some will never learn unfortunately, he makes Michigan hockey players look bad

Yeah watching NHL on the fly last night, they were saying that keeping these types of hits in the game makes sense. I mean you gotta keep your head up. Booth should have learned that by now, granted the first one was a blindside hit but still. Apparently on the Filppula goal last night, Raffi got blindsided by Boyes right after he dumped the puck in. They used this as an example when I was watching this morning.

Blindsiding is still legal, Bert did it on Sydor, you just can't make mostly head contact.

Florida's season is in the tank so he should obviously sit the season out. It was a perfectly clean, North-South hit while Booth had his head down. It was a shoulder to the chest that partly caught his chin and nose since his head was down. It was entirely Booth's fault. I feel bad for the guy but these are the hits that we want to keep in hockey so in no way should anyone be demonising anyone but Booth for not skating with is head up.