• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:24 AM

A general absolution from the Hockey Gods....

My wife and I are having our 2nd child on Wednesday. She has told me to shave the playoff beard. I need to be absolved of the sin of shaving my playoff beard and maybe the great posters here at LGW could provide it.

:D
Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#2 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:27 AM

Congrats! You've got my approval :P

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#3 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:28 AM

For the sake of the child, I think I can personally grant absolution for the beard. The Buckeye thing though is another matter....

works every time

#4 Blaayze

Blaayze

Summer... wakeboard... can't wait.

• PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:42 AM

The Buckeye thing though is another matter....

I agree, poor child doesn't stand a chance.

----------------------

You can shave the beard, maybe..... :plain:

:hehe:
Posted Image

#5 cmonster

cmonster

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:58 AM

why shave the beard? The baby won't care! Its not like it will stay in the womb until you shave. When it wants to come out it will come out! So you can shave it for the birth of the baby, but I don't think the shaving will be for the baby but as a means to not have to sleep on the couch or hire a divorce attorney.

P.S. Congratulations on the baby!

#6 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:59 AM

Consider it granted. But I think this means you are legally obligated to name your child Gordie or Steve... lets hope its a boy in that case!
Posted Image

#7 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:14 AM

This is why I decided to go Osgood/Howard/Yzerman on my beard this year.

Posted Image

#8 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:20 AM

Just you wait & see.... The Hockey Gods will see fit to grant you a baby with a full beard in return.

Posted Image

Edited by ogreslayer, 17 April 2010 - 11:23 AM.

#9 MannyK

MannyK

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Location:Brookline, MA (formerly Clinton Township / Ann Arbor, MI)

Posted 17 April 2010 - 12:13 PM

Just you wait & see.... The Hockey Gods will see fit to grant you a baby with a full beard in return.

Posted Image

LMAO! that is sooo win!! :siren:
Let's Go Wings!

#10 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 12:20 PM

I'll grow mine twice as big for you to make up for it. Congrats on the baby!

#11 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 12:58 PM

I rarely grow facial hair (not because I can't, just can't stand goatee/beard itching) so you're excuse is more than valid. Just saved last night actually so I'm violating the look/appearance rules of playoff hockey, hehe. Congrats on your new child!

#12 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 01:08 PM

***** says what? Just kidding. Enjoy the sleep deprivation otherwise known as a newborn. PS, I strongly recommend breast feeding for your sake. Not meaning to say you should breast feed, but that it might buy you some extra shut-eye.

Edited by clutchngrab, 17 April 2010 - 01:11 PM.

Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#13 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 01:43 PM

Congrats on the soon to be world's newest Buckeye!

I agree its probably best not to scar your newborn by looking like a West Virginian mountain man.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#14 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,917 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 02:05 PM

What on earth were you thinking having sex 9 months before the playoffs!?!

Oh, wait... man having sex + thinking = does not compute.

It's ok this time, but next time have sex during the post-season. Starting next year. You're SOL for 2010, buddy.

Seriously, congrats. May your family be healthy and happy and clad in red forever.

#15 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 02:10 PM

I shave after every win, keeps the old lady happy, and since we win so often I get to keep the clean shaven look predominately. Your sins have been forgiven.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#16 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 02:16 PM

:lol:

I knew you all could come through for me. Thank you!!

Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#17 fantomanu86

fantomanu86

Draftee

• 3 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 02:30 PM

sounds like you have already won your personal Stanley Cup, time to shave the good old beard and celebrate man! :clap:
11 Stanley Cups...need to say more?

#18 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 07:26 PM

sounds like you have already won your personal Stanley Cup, time to shave the good old beard and celebrate man! :clap:

:lol: I just had an image of him holding the baby over his head and walking it around the room, as if it were the cup.

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#19 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,559 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:07 PM

:lol: I just had an image of him holding the baby over his head and walking it around the room, as if it were the cup.

Maybe that should be part of his penance? Haha.

Congratulations, who knows, maybe by this personal sacrifice for your family the hockey gods will reward you with your kid being the next NHL superstar someday!
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#20 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:35 PM

A general absolution from the Hockey Gods....

My wife and I are having our 2nd child on Wednesday. She has told me to shave the playoff beard. I need to be absolved of the sin of shaving my playoff beard and maybe the great posters here at LGW could provide it.

Well, grab the Gillette, a pack of Feathers, and go forth to sin no more, fellow Buckeye. ;)
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.