• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 3 GDT: Coyotes 4 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

I'm not a fan of 3am starts to watch the wings lose to some joke of a team, which has no right to exist.

Big third period wings, start taking advantage of your opportunities, show these fools who's boss.

Wow what a ******* dive... Did they not see them manhandle draper? Maybe if you called the first one that wouldn't happen.

Yeupp. Another one like Jovanoski's the other night. Dives are so unmanly and cowardly. And therein lies the irony.

Howard has NOT been playing fine. The team hasn't been doing well but you cannot say with a straight face that the regular season Howard has been in this series.

100% agreed. He hasn't been bad per say, but he certainly hasn't been good.

He is going to have to up his game. Cut those rebounds out, and read plays better. If we are going to have a chance.

THe D also needs to tighten up and stop turning the puck over on lazy plays.

I agree, but that has proven to be a difficult task. Phoenix has done a pretty good job keeping them to the outside really.

True, but one definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

The Zero-angle play has NEVER worked and that's about all they got in the latter half of the 2nd period.

If they won't drive the net or at least get in the middle of the ice, they aren't going to win very much. It is series like these that makes me wish they had a guy like a Rick Nash (I know they can't afford him in the capped era), who drives the net and rarely gets pushed off the puck. Bert used to be that guy and Mule has done it before, but that's about it.

I am so sick of Draper... the guy is there to kill penalties, not cause them. I swear you could give him an empty net all year and Drapes will only score once.

He helped score a goal last game. He stays.

Edited by Vladifan

Guest DetroitBoy313

This is just so scripted for the Coyotes this year.This series just gives me that eery NJ,Anaheim,Edmonton feel.It doesn't look good for the Wings,I think if Phx wins this game they take the series.

Good example of diverting the blame to other people in order to take away from the fact Howard hasn't been playing like the Wings need him to play.

Well, with only 1 goal to show for it, its apparent that you and others critical of Howard right now need him to play mistake free hockey in order to win a game. So who is diverting blame here?

I think now is a good time to go find something to eat for dinner. I'm hoping the 3rd period is about a squillion times better than the 2nd was, or else there's going to be some peeved people around here. Myself included. <_<

This all just goes back to the 2nd period on Friday night and the first half of the 2nd period this afternoon. When the Red Wings decide to lay down a consistent forecheck, finish all of their checks and not chase the puck the Coyotes buckle under the pressure. The didn't do any of that for the 2nd half of the period and they're trailing in the game because of it.

It's almost comical the night-and-day turnaround it is facing this Phoenix team when you turn the physical game back around on them.

Well, with only 1 goal to show for it, its apparent that you and others critical of Howard right now need him to play mistake free hockey in order to win a game. So who is diverting blame here?

I'm commenting on one player's sub-par performance. The defense doesn't make his performance any better than it is. And visa versa.

You don't see me getting into a discussion with people who are giving the defense s*** for their terrible play, are you?