• Please log in to reply
1511 replies to this topic

#101 superstarsingh

superstarsingh

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:36 PM

I remember a certain game seven eight years ago. I hope the result is the same.

#102 REDWINGSFTW

REDWINGSFTW

Rookie

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:38 PM

I remember a certain game seven eight years ago. I hope the result is the same.

Ye i was 4 when i started watching hockey, automatically loved wings, it was 98, so yeah im pretty young, but ive started by watching winning, and dont want it to end, my whole life was graced with wings playoff hockey :P

#103 Lidstrom for life

Lidstrom for life

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:40 PM

Thanks for the update man, but point is he wanted to play, but the team and organization know he cant make his physical presence felt out there partly injured, especially his shoulder. Sure hes skilled but his physical presence is what screams ''Im the captain, follow my lead''

What are you saying? You think he could play but because he can't hit hard they are leaving their captain and leading point scorer out of the lineup? If Doan isn't playing he is seriously hurt not mildly dinged up.
credits to hobbit-face for my icon.

#104 REDWINGSFTW

REDWINGSFTW

Rookie

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:43 PM

What are you saying? You think he could play but because he can't hit hard they are leaving their captain and leading point scorer out of the lineup? If Doan isn't playing he is seriously hurt not mildly dinged up.

Actually thats totally possible, and you can still hit hard when mildly dinged up, just gotta suck it up, of course his injury is serious.

#105 DetroitBoy313

DetroitBoy313

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:43 PM

Don't think the Wings will pull this off.I'm just being completely honest with you guys,and it has nothing to with negativity.It was in the stars for Phx even before this series started.They've never won a playoff series as the Coyotes,they're on the verge of not even having a team in Phoenix.What a way to win their first playoff series and against a great rich franchise like the Red Wings.Sorry guys but the playoffs for us ends tonight and it maybe Nicklas Lidstroms last game in his long successful history as A Detroit Red Wing.

Edited by DetroitBoy313, 27 April 2010 - 05:43 PM.

"Detroit is Detroit. They are the envy of every sports franchise that there is." Ed Olczyk

"It takes a perfect game to beat those guys" - Chicago Blackhawks defesemen Brian Campbell on the Detroit Red Wings.

"I dont like being restricted. I like being able to go out and get what you can get." - Mike Ilitch on the NHL salary cap.

#106 superstarsingh

superstarsingh

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:45 PM

Ye i was 4 when i started watching hockey, automatically loved wings, it was 98, so yeah im pretty young, but ive started by watching winning, and dont want it to end, my whole life was graced with wings playoff hockey :P

Right on! They have only missed it once in my lifetime and that one time they missed out I was baby. I feel old even though I am only 21!

#107 REDWINGSFTW

REDWINGSFTW

Rookie

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:47 PM

Right on! They have only missed it once in my lifetime and that one time they missed out I was baby. I feel old even though I am only 21!

Hell yeah man i dont want this to end, of course i never missed playoff hockey yet.

All sports are great, and can be compared which ones are better throughout the regular season. But when playoffs come the distinct level of excitement in the game of hockey just blows the others away. Someone who has never watched hockey can get into it. Its that good.

#108 superstarsingh

superstarsingh

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:50 PM

Hell yeah man i dont want this to end, of course i never missed playoff hockey yet.

All sports are great, and can be compared which ones are better throughout the regular season. But when playoffs come the distinct level of excitement in the game of hockey just blows the others away. Someone who has never watched hockey can get into it. Its that good.

Playoff hockey is the best, nothing compares. The speed, the hitting and the players will to win. I hate to praise a Coyote on this day but Jovanovski defined what playoff hockey is about when he blocked that shot, rived in pain and got up and proceeded to play in the same shift.

#109 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:53 PM

Im pretty sure the Yotes are about to get their s*** rocked. But im only pretty sure, its not a guarantee.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#110 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:00 PM

I hope to be able to watch most if not all of the game, but I'm not sure. I have to report for jury duty in the morning and that means getting up at 5 am to be there by 8. The Wings better have the game wrapped up by about 10:30 so I can go to bed. :lol:

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#111 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:01 PM

I see us getting nutted on a couple non-calls tonight....

#112 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:02 PM

As we speak, the NHL Network is showing the '95 playoff series between the Wings and the Hawks. :blink:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#113 Zenith

Zenith

Legend

• PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:02 PM

The fact no Doan in the Yotes may be the advantage but that means not huge. The Wings just got outplayed by the Yotes several times in this series without Doan and the Wings' inconsistent effort can cause their first round exit tonight. I want to be positive as much as possible but I think the Yotes have better shots to go to the second round.

The only thing I can expect in my head now is Howard being yesterday's Halak and finally our players play their best tonight.

The ZENITH of real hockey, The Detroit Red Wings

#114 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:06 PM

Oh god I'm going to have to change my pants so many times during this game.

#115 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:06 PM

two hours.... i just want the wings to come out flying but they have yet to do so even in the games they've won. go wings, dont let this end tonight

#116 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:07 PM

Im pretty sure the Yotes are about to get their s*** rocked. But im only pretty sure, its not a guarantee.

Agreed.

As long as Big Game Stuart doesn't play, we should be fine.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#117 sixer

sixer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:09 PM

Shane Doan not in tonight as per Phoenix Radio Station

MLIVE

Per Pro Hockey Talk's Brandon Worley and AM 640's Greg Brady:

Greg Brady/Twitter: Coyotes have decided Shane Doan won't dress tonight. He wanted to - coaching staff didn't think he was ready.

Edited by sixer, 27 April 2010 - 06:09 PM.

#118 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:11 PM

Let's Go REd Wings!!
Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#119 heed316

heed316

Greenman strikes down the Wings foes

• PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:18 PM

Every time I drink, the Wings win. Labatt's has always been my superstition too. I'm stocked up and ready to drink my way to a Game 7 victory after staying dry on Sunday...we got this! :siren:

#120 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:21 PM

Every time I drink, the Wings win. Labatt's has always been my superstition too. I'm stocked up and ready to drink my way to a Game 7 victory after staying dry on Sunday...we got this! :siren:

+1 for that fine choice of beer. If I didn't have an 8am final tomorrow I would be right there with ya.

Edit: Oh snap this is my 420th post... I think I will stop posting forever now :hehe: :smokin: :hat:

Edited by 8 Legged RedWing, 27 April 2010 - 06:23 PM.