• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 1 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Sharks 4

Rate this topic

At least they threw us a bone this time by starting the game at 6 PM Pacific. Crazy to think that if we get past San Jose we could end up facing three West Coast teams....I can't remember that ever happening.

2007. We had to play Calgary in the 1st, San Jose in the 2nd, before losing to Anaheim in the 3rd.

Ironically enough, that same year the Presidents Trophy winning Buffalo Sabres got to play the Islanders in the 1st (interstate), the Rangers in the 2nd (interstate), before losing to Ottawa in the 3rd (inter-division).

Sorry, that last point was irrelevant but I always get steamed when I think about how much of a joke the Eastern Conference playoffs are.

Anyways, GO WINGS! Take it to 'em!

Anyone know the deal with the TV schedule? Mine (ATT Uverse) shows it on VS at 10, not on FSD at all (baseball, blech). So...do we just get to watch the last part of the game after the first hockey game on VS ends tonight? That would suck...

interesting that jumbo joe is a -4, since he plays top minutes we're gonna have to take advantage of that and pot some in while hes out there. i hate to be cocky, but now that its over i was more afraid of phoenix than i am of san jose. we know who they are, we've beaten them before, and we can most certainly do it again. im looking for some 3rd and 4th line production tonight.

LETS GO REDWINGS !!

Anyone know the deal with the TV schedule? Mine (ATT Uverse) shows it on VS at 10, not on FSD at all (baseball, blech). So...do we just get to watch the last part of the game after the first hockey game on VS ends tonight? That would suck...

No FSN for games 1&2.

Source:

If their first line continues to underachieve, which I think they will (chronic playoff chokers). And we have Z out at center for their second line...we should wreck these chumps.

LGW!!!!!!!

This series would be either super epic or super short. The Wings would be either really tired or the last game actually geared up all the players. The Wings should freaking rage tonight.

Sharks fan here, I like to read the opposing media coverage of series. Can someone post a link to the best newspaper or news columnist covering the wings locally, also any blogs that are popular?

FYI San Jose News coverage of the Sharks: Mercury News

The best Sharks blog (this guys is one of the best in the biz): Working the Corners - David Pollak

Thanks Wings Fans, always enjoy engaging with guy's.

Sharks fan here, I like to read the opposing media coverage of series. Can someone post a link to the best newspaper or news columnist covering the wings locally, also any blogs that are popular?

FYI San Jose News coverage of the Sharks: Mercury News

The best Sharks blog (this guys is one of the best in the biz): Working the Corners - David Pollak

Thanks Wings Fans, always enjoy engaging with guy's.

www.mlive.com is the best source, I'd say. They usually have updates from morning skate and everything that other sites don't seem to get or don't feel like updating.

www.mlive.com is the best source, I'd say. They usually have updates from morning skate and everything that other sites don't seem to get or don't feel like updating.

Hey thanks, the merc links to the other teams newspaper, but that can be a complete waste of time. Last series we were blessed with Adrian Dater of the Denver Post. Arguably the biggest f'ing idiot ever to secure an income as a sports reporter.

its gonna be a hell of a tough series! but i have huuuge faith in our boys! LETS GO WINGS!!! just win, thats all i want. but heres my guess....

Wings in 5

Game 1- Wings 3 Sharks 1

Game 2- Wings 5 Sharks 4 OT

Game 3- Sharks 3 Wings 2

Game 4- Wings 5 Sharks 3

Game 5- Sharks 1 Wings 2 OT

:siren:

It's great to still have the Dingers to look forward to after a long week and some longer weeks in the future. Big Game 1 tonight, let's do it boys.

LET'S GO WINGS!!! HOWIEEE!!!

It'll be nice playing a team that isn't nearly as fast as Phoenix. That seems to be something that always gives the wings trouble. This series will be more physical. I would like Kronwall to introduce himself to Marleau or Heatley early and Abdelkader better be all over their D all game long to set the tone for the series.

Cleary might step up playing another Newfy in Clowe. Hopefully he wants to remain the only Newfy to win the cup and plays like it

Sharks fan here. Nice to be back, haven't been on here since 2007.

Sharks will have to play their best playoff series in 5 years to get past you guys. All regular season long the Red Wings showed they could dominate puck possession against the Sharks pretty much whenever they felt like it. Sharks will get chances but will need to execute - lack of execution is what made our series vs Colorado go 6 games instead of the 4-5 it should have taken.

The Sharks fate truly lies with the "top line" that has famously been a no-show so far in the playoffs. Each player on this line needs to work harder to score: Marleau needs to use his speed and drive the puck to the net, Thornton needs to stop trying to slow the play down and move the puck faster, and Heatley just needs to finish. Just as important as the top line scoring is the continued production of the Pavelski-Clowe-Setoguchi line. The Red Wings are going to find the back of the net and I think the Sharks are gonna have to win at least one high-scoring 5-4 or 6-5 game in order to advance. To do that, we are gonna need goals from multiple lines.

Red Wings match up against the Sharks better than any other team in the conference. There will be no intimidation factor - Red Wings are the league's elite and know what playoff hockey is like in San Jose so the crowd noise shouldn't surprise them. If the Red Wings take the series it should only take 6 games, if the Sharks take it I think we will have to go the whole 7.

Good luck, should be a hard fought series!

This series would be either super epic or super short. The Wings would be either really tired or the last game actually geared up all the players. The Wings should freaking rage tonight.

I have absolutely nothing to base it on, historically, psychically or otherwise, but I think the Wings will be up for this game. :thumbup: