• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 3 GDT: Sharks 4 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Besides the fact the refs seem to let San Jose get away with obstruction/holding all over the ice, the Wings do not have a team that can play to protect a lead!

Babcock needs to continue pushing, get out of this crap of trying to play a defensive period and walk away with the win. Wings of old could do it, this can NOT! Now we need to press and get the OT goal and move on!

If the Wings lose today, they should blame no one but themselves. The 3rd period was pathetic and type of hockey that lay back with the lead and get messed up at the end.

Gary Thorne used to say that a 2 goal lead was the most dangerous to have because it instilled a false sense of security in the leading team. That was certainly true in the thrid period of this one.

Chris

Well.. if the Sharks win, that's the series. If the Wings win, they're still in a tough situation.

Agreed, they aren't getting any time to rest and the team has looked a litte slow even in the Phoenix series. Win or Lose overall I'm pleased with the effort they gave this season given the injuries and no way will I bash any of the players at this point not even the goalie.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Just tuning in....what I miss?

The usual. 2 goal third period lead and the Wings sit back and blow it.

Plus you were wrong last time, Gn.

Annnnddd...

I stole this from HF, don't know if it's true or not:

DRW all time playoff overtime

40-49 (.449)

20-33 (.377) at home

Odds aren't in your favor, Gn.

Besides the fact the refs seem to let San Jose get away with obstruction/holding all over the ice, the Wings do not have a team that can play to protect a lead!

Babcock needs to continue pushing, get out of this crap of trying to play a defensive period and walk away with the win. Wings of old could do it, this can NOT! Now we need to press and get the OT goal and move on!

It's funny watching the wings try to stack the blue line and SJ just keep breaking through. They did not put any effort into the 3rd. I have to put some of this on Babcock. They have not come out strong in the 3rd in any of these games.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Dan Boyle own goal 1:20 into OT. Lightning strikes twice.