• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:54 PM

I like Bertuzzi, but I had just about written him off as far as returning next season. He was DOMINANT today, and if that's how it's going to be then we need to re-sign him. 1 goal and 4 assists are you kidding me?!

Can we fit both Hudler and Bertuzzi? I guess only if Lidstrom takes a huge paycut.

Ken Holland: He’s (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, he’s a puck hound.

#2 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,650 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:58 PM

5 point game for Bert. Very nice.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#3 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:01 PM

He was great.

It's amazing how much better he looks when his passes end up on a Red Wing's stick instead of the oppenents' sticks. :ph34r:

#4 AIK'91

AIK'91

Rookie

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:06 PM

I think Bert wants to be back as well. So him and Kenny should be able to work out a reasonable cap number.

When you think about it, Todd's one of the few players on our roster who doesn't have a Cup ring. So he's obviously real motivated--as we saw with his dominant performance today. After a game like this, perhaps it's not so crazy to suggest that he's regaining much of his old form.

(:siren: :siren: :siren: Still ecstatic from tonight's game!)

#5 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:07 PM

He was great.

It's amazing how much better he looks when his passes end up on a Red Wing's stick instead of the oppenents' sticks. :ph34r:

If it came down to keeping one or the other,Bertuzzi without a doubt.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#6 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:10 PM

finally had a good game.

#7 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:29 PM

I'd like to have him back and I think he wants to be back. But is there a workable cap number? He'll get a raise from 1.5 no question, hometown discount or not. Maybe to 2 or 2.25 financed by a Lidstrom pay cut?

Lord we're hanging a lot of next season on a Lidstrom pay cut.

#8 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:33 PM

He was great.

It works wonders to look before you throw a pass out into the slot. :P
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#9 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:39 PM

I am just glad someone made a new thread so the "bertuzzi sucks flat out frickin sucks" thread didnt pop back up again.

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#10 TheOwl

TheOwl

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:42 PM

The one criticism I have of the coaching/management is not keeping lines that are working, together. Bert/Flip/Zetterberg has been amazing most nights. Much like Mule/Dats/Homer. Chemistry is everything, especially since this is very affordable, Bert and Homer are both 2 mill/season. Hudler should man the third line with the improving Abs and Helm. Keep big Bert!

#11 FunkedUp

FunkedUp

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:44 PM

Bert had an excellent game tonight. Hopefully this is a sign for more to come.

#12 Duck Guy

Duck Guy

Homer rocks your socks off Its knuckle Puck time!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:01 PM

ehh good game tonight no doubt but how many games was he crap vs. how many games he was not crap this whole season?

Edited by Duck Guy, 07 May 2010 - 03:04 PM.

Posted Image
Veritas Aequitas

#13 blueadams

blueadams

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:21 PM

how does he fit into our plans next season...if at all?

#14 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:23 PM

how does he fit into our plans next season...if at all?

If he is back what do you think the lines will be?

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#15 Shady Ultima

Shady Ultima

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:34 AM

I'd love to see him return. He is looking like he did back in Vancouver, at least somewhat.

As for lines

Bert/Dats/Homer
Flip/Z/Mule
Cleary/Abs/Hudler
Eaves/Helm/Miller
Ritola/Draper

Edited by Shady Ultima, 07 May 2010 - 12:16 PM.

#16 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,791 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:42 AM

If he is back what do you think the lines will be?

Come on, come on... TAKE THE BAIT!!! LET'S GET DRUNK!!!

"I think a tough team, a team that sticks together, is a lot better than leaving the onus on one guy to take care of business." - Brendan Shanahan

It still would be nice to have that one guy.

#17 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:17 PM

as one of the harsh bertuzzi critics early in the season, i have been happy with his late season play and playoff play. i still have to yell at the tv a couple times a game because of bert, but at this point his contributions have outweighed his poor overall play. when factoring in his salary, he has definitely been a good signing. for a player like bertuzzi who is getting older, its all about being a complimentary player on your line. and i think he has really fit well on the zetterberg line. it had success late in the regular season with flip and then blew up last night with franzen. i would have never said this at the beginning of the year, but i would be ok if he was brought back. however, i don't think he merits much of a salary bump. he has said he would play for less here, so why not get him a contract similar to this years? many folks seem to think he will want 2-2.5 mil and i do think thats starting to be too much.

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#18 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:26 PM

Not to take anything away from Bertuzzi, but I think Franzen was the biggest reason Bert racked up those points.
Mixed feelings about this
JERSEY SALE!!!!! PM IF INTERESTED!(I have international and red wings jerseys)
Posted Image

#19 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:46 PM

I'd love to see him return. He is looking like he did back in Vancouver, at least somewhat.

As for lines

Bert/Dats/Homer
Flip/Z/Mule
Eaves/Helm(Abs?)/Hudler
Draper/Abs(Helm?)/Miller
Ritola

Thank you for making a posivite Bertuzzi thread. I've seen him in his prime in Vancouver and even though I wanted to root for the guy, there was just something about his attitude that I couldn't get past. Never liked him until he was languishing in Florida and it occured to me that he could be a good trade deadline pickup for the Wings and low and behold thats what happened, although it wasn't that successful at the time.
Now I'm glad he's a Red Wing and really want to see him hoist The Stanley Cup.

Game 4, last night, Bertuzzi really showed where he excells in this part of his career; playmaking and net presence (which includes scoring in front of the net). He showed his patience with the puck, and his passes to Franzen and Rafalski both were right in the sweet spot for perfect one timers, and they were not easy passes to make. He is most valuable when he plays with a bonafide scorer like Franzen, Z, , and Naslund. His potential value will not be realized if he is paired with Homer (unfortunately, he can only carry the goal scoring bucket for so long).

I'd really like to see him find a home here with Detroit for $1.5 or $2m.

Bert, Z, and Franzen is a monster line. To swicth it up every now and then,move Z to Pav and Homer's line and insert Filp between Franzen and Bert.

#20 henrik40

henrik40

Lebda Sucks

• PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:50 PM

I feel like Bert's big games are few and far between. Don't get me wrong though, for the points he puts up at 1.5 mil he's a bargain. I just get so pissed at his lazy play which occurs more frequently than his big games. I'm rather indifferent to him coming back or not.