• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GMRwings1983

Crosby Should Get More Blame than Ovechkin

Rate this topic

lolololol Carman has the memory of a goldfish. Apparently he's forgotten how poorly Crosby played for every other second of the Olympics. :lol:

Tied for 4th in the tournament in points, 2nd in goals, and the top face off man in the entire tournament is playing poorly?

He carried your country on his back, you should be thanking him.

Plus he was a -1 overall for the series. I think Ovechkin still ended up something like a +4 in his series. What annoyed me even more was that during the postgame, Crosby couldn't give one iota of credit to the Habs, just like he refused to give any to Zetterberg for shutting him down. Plus, predictably, he whined during the postgame about the penalty he took. "I don't understand how you can call that penalty 10 seconds into a Game 7..." Well, Sid, technically the rules aren't supposed to change whether it's Game 1 of the regular season or Game 7 of the SCF. You f***ed up, you pay the price. Own up to it, you baby.

Who cares already? Ovechkin gets blamed cause he is the Captain, Crosby gets blamed cause he is Captain, Luongo gets blamed cause he is kind of their Captian. Last couple of playoffs Marleau takes the heat cause he is was the Captian. Its just what happens. Somebody has to answer the medias bulls*** questions to fuel a fire, and of course the head guy is going to answer. And if he doesn't, he's labeled a poor sport, cry baby, etc, etc....

Tied for 4th in the tournament in points, 2nd in goals, and the top face off man in the entire tournament is playing poorly?

He carried your country on his back, you should be thanking him.

He had 1 goal and 0 assists in 5 elimination games. Nice work on pretending that round robin points matter. Saying Crosby carried us on his back is like saying Semin carried the Capitals on his back in the playoffs this year-- afterall, he may have only had 1 playoff point but he had 40 regular season goals!

Nice try.

He had 1 goal and 0 assists in 5 elimination games. Nice work on pretending that round robin points matter. Saying Crosby carried us on his back is like saying Semin carried the Capitals on his back in the playoffs this year-- afterall, he may have only had 1 playoff point but he had 40 regular season goals!

Nice try.

Regular season doesn't equal Olympic tournament points sorry.

Just because you want to argue semantics in order to try and prove that a 22 year old phenom that is far and away your country's best player just mind boggles me.

Come on Drake, you are smart enough. Look at the battles and face offs Crosby wins. Look at his back-checking and and break out passes in the defensive zone. Look at his strength along the boards and ability to strafe with the puck. Your irrational hate for him is just leaving me speachless.

He's got over 500 points before he's 23 and has a career 1.3 PPG in the playoffs.

He's good, really really good just face it.

Edited by Carman

Also, he was 6th in goals because he played 1 more game than the guys with 4 goals above him: http://www.vancouver2010.com/ns/pdf/IHM400000C85C.pdf

Iginla was first in goals.

He was 7th in points, again, because games and goals count for standings: http://www.vancouver2010.com/ns/pdf/IHM400000C85B.pdf

Iginla and Toews were directly above Crosby in points and Getzlaf was tied with Crosby. Toews was the only Canadian forward to make the tournament all star team (Crosby wasn't even close by the way).

Crosby was 10th in face-off percentage: http://www.vancouver2010.com/ns/pdf/IHM400000C85F.pdf

The brutal inaccuracy of your statements begs one question: are you delusional or simply high?

Regular season doesn't equal Olympic tournament points sorry.

Just because you want to argue semantics in order to try and prove that a 22 year old phenom that is far and away your country's best player just mind boggles me.

Come on Drake, you are smart enough. Look at the battles and face offs Crosby wins. Look at his back-checking and and break out passes in the defensive zone. Look at his strength along the boards and ability to strafe with the puck. Your irrational hate for him is just leaving me speachless.

He's got over 500 points before he's 23 and has a career 1.3 PPG in the playoffs.

He's good, really really good just face it.

Iginla and Toews were both superior to Crosby at the Olympics. Stating non-Olympic stats doesn't make that any less true.

No one is denying that he's a great player. He's just not the best player in the league. Ovechkin's better than him.

It's fantastic that he's average defensively. Come to me when he's nominated for a Selke or is among the top 3 forwards on his team in PK ice time.

Also, he was 6th in goals because he played 1 more game than the guys with 4 goals above him: http://www.vancouver2010.com/ns/pdf/IHM400000C85C.pdf

Iginla was first in goals.

He was 7th in points, again, because games and goals count for standings: http://www.vancouver2010.com/ns/pdf/IHM400000C85B.pdf

Iginla and Toews were directly above Crosby in points and Getzlaf was tied with Crosby. Toews was the only Canadian forward to make the tournament all star team (Crosby wasn't even close by the way).

Crosby was 10th in face-off percentage: http://www.vancouver2010.com/ns/pdf/IHM400000C85F.pdf

The brutal inaccuracy of your statements begs one question: are you delusional or simply high?

Are you really going to dissect games played? Fine, I guess Daniel Sedin should be a Lester candidate then.

And 10th in face-off percentage? If you are selectively using games played in the points then you shouldn't count Backstrom, Pahlsson, Vasichek,Sirokovs because they didn't play 6-7 games. Crosby was only beaten by Toews and Kesler.

And Crosby was matched up against top lines unlike Toews. But I don't want to start digging into detail just to sway my argument because we could go all night.

Once again

He's good, really really good. Face it.

Come to me when he's nominated for a Selke or is among the top 3 forwards on his team in PK ice time.

Come to me when any top 20 player in the league in points is in the top 3 of their team PK in ice time.

I'm pretty sure Datsyuk/Zetterberg are great defensively yet aren't used in the top 3 on the PK...

Edited by Carman

Are you really going to dissect games played? Fine, I guess Daniel Sedin should be a Lester candidate then.

And 10th in face-off percentage? If you are selectively using games played in the points then you shouldn't count Backstrom, Pahlsson, Vasichek,Sirokovs because they didn't play 6-7 games. Crosby was only beaten by Toews and Kesler.

And Crosby was matched up against top lines unlike Toews. But I don't want to start digging into detail just to sway my argument because we could go all night.

Once again

He's good, really really good. Face it.

You were wrong about the stats you quoted for Crosby at the Olympics. Face it.

And I never, ever, ever said he wasn't a great hockey player. EVER. I just won't concede that he's Christ on skates.

You were wrong about the stats you quoted for Crosby at the Olympics. Face it.

And I never, ever, ever said he wasn't a great hockey player. EVER. I just won't concede that he's Christ on skates.

I wasn't "wrong". I was just generally representing them, I honestly didn't realized they used games played in the ranking for that so I just grouped him with the same numbers. Honest mistake noticed I said "tied".

Edited by Carman

I wasn't "wrong". I was just generally representing them, I honestly didn't realized they used games played in the ranking for that so I just grouped him with the same numbers. Honest mistake.

Once again we've argued each other into a stalemate. :lol: Damn Crosby for coming between us. ;)

Once again we've argued each other into a stalemate. :lol: Damn Crosby for coming between us. ;)

Haha yeah

I just don't get people that call me a tool and send me death threats through PMs...

and yeah I'm really high tonight, can't blame me both my teams are out :ranting:

I'm not looking to point the blame on Crosby or Ovechkin for their losses. A defensive-oriented team like Montreal is going to put all their resources into shutting those guys down. At that point the best that either of them can do is make it as hard as possible on Montreal to contain them. But when that happens, other players need to step up and take advantage of the fact they aren't versing Montreal's top defensive line. Nobody on the Pens or the Caps stepped up to the plate when they needed it the most.

I love watching people spar with Carman -- he's like one of those inflatable toys you punch and then they pop right back up. It's fun.

Bahahaha. Carmen's a Bobo doll.

Do you mean "pop right back up" in a good way or...?

I really hate how Ovie gets the choker tag and Crosby gets his annointed one tag. Crosby has been a joke in the last two SC finals, as well as this series, and as far as im concerned, the Olympics. He got the OT winner but that was perhaps Ryan Millers weakest goal he let up all tournament.

The media better grill him for this series. He deserves it way more than Ovechkin did. Way more.

Edited by wingsownnhl43

I mean he comes back for more.

When a bobo doll comes back up though it's not because it necessarily wants to. It's just programmed to do that senselessly. So, yeah, ok, popping back up senselessly is a good way to describe it.

I hate Crosby and I don't care much for Ovechkin. Let's say something that is true though. Each player is great at his own style of game. Crosby might not be the human highlight like Ovi can be..but he somehow quietly gets it done most games if you mute the whining.

I think each player should be equally blamed..while Crosby didn't put up the points, he gets blamed in that department because he couldn't adapt and solve the Halak puzzle. While Ovi was adding decent numbers against Halak, he is still the 'C' of his team and didn't rally the troops to step up and play with him. He took it into his own hands and didn't bother trying to get the team involved.

Ovechkin = bad Captain in his series in terms of leadership

Crosby = while still most likely showing strong leadership, couldn't add his own tallies to the board that the rest of team counted on.

Equal blame imo.

Edited by Klunzo

Guest Crymson

we'll just be called for jealousy, but this 100% true.

this just in.....

lidstromboli and tomatoetownwingsfan phoned in by bettman and mario for emergency fluffing of crosby

antv_snl_01_a.jpg

Gee, homosexuality is just so funny and so morally repugnant, isn't it?

Grow up.

Haha yeah

I just don't get people that call me a tool and send me death threats through PMs...

and yeah I'm really high tonight, can't blame me both my teams are out :ranting:

I'm just cheering the Canadians, Bruins and Sharks now... so my theme is "anyone but the Blackhawks". :lol:

I'm just cheering the Canadians, Bruins and Sharks now... so my theme is "anyone but the Blackhawks". :lol:

I'm with you on that one, but don't leave out the Flyers.

Both should have their fair amount of blame.

To get this out of the way, and if you want to shoot for saying this, fine, but I'm going to. Between the two, Crosby has accomplished a little more in his career and is the better player so far. Now, with that being said, I can't stand the putz and I'm tired of him being the anointed one as well and him getting way more credit than deserved. Of course he won a gold medal and a Stanley Cup, but plenty want to forget that he had A LOT of help for both.

Anyways...

Read that Ovechkin had 10 points in 7 games. Hard to get on somebody's case for the blame game with that, at least from looking at it on paper. Granted I didn't watch the Montreal-Washington series with a fine tooth comb, but that final game it seems like there was less drive to the net by Ovehckin, too much shooting from the perimiter, whatever. Obviously the full blame doesn't go on him, but he deserves a share in all likelihood just like all the other Washington players, coaches, whatever.

Crosby deserves a fair share of the blame as well. One goal in a 7 game series, that is it. Fleury deserves plenty of blame this series as well. For as good as he usually is in responding to a loss (we unfortuantely witnessed this in games 6 and 7 in the SCF), he can really just let some brainfart goals sometimes, and did it a few times this series and last night. And unless Gonchar was severly injured, he deserves a lot of blame, at least last night. It looks like he didn't care one iota to play last night. Wasn't skating hard, nothing.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

I don't know if anyone saw sportscenter but Barry Melrose ripped Crosby. Said it was the worst game he's ever seen him play and he compared it to LeBron giving up and becoming invisible in game 5 of that series. While I enjoyed it, I thought it was a little over the top.