• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

The Worlds

Rate this topic

I think that the Germans can be really proud of the way they played. Although overall the Russians looked better on the puck, but tended to over pass it (sounds familiar). Dats totally out foxed the keeper with the gwg, as he was looking to pass all the way into goal until the last second when he let his wrist shot go. Good game, now for the old foe in the Czechs, back to the 80's!!

only watched 3rd period but it looked like Russians have been all over Germans, but they simply couldn't connect.

I also spotted some situations where refs definitely swallow the whistle to not let Germans go shorthanded

so it felt like watching Wings play Canadian teams in playoffs :) glad to see Pavel scoring game winner.

truth being said I don't quite get Russian coach who overplayed his two lines. nor I get why Malkin is so

terribly bad at generating any team work... I mean... pass or at least look around to see if there's anyone

to join the play...

I am very proud of Pasha...let's see...two Stanley Cups, an Olympic bronze medal and soon to be a gold medal in the Worlds. Not too shabby a resume.

Bronze for Sweden. We were SO close to playing for the Gold, but I think Bronze is a success with the team we had.

Very pleased with the performance of most of our young guys.

Magnus Pääjärvi-Svensson will be a beast for the Oilers.. can't remember Sweden ever having a player like him. Blazing speed and shoot-first mentality. Needs to get a bit stronger on the puck along the boards but other than that he's already a top 6 NHL player. Sky's the limit for him.

Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Linus Omark, Erik Karlsson, Johan Harju, Victor Hedman etc. all looked great for the most part.

Bronze for Sweden. We were SO close to playing for the Gold, but I think Bronze is a success with the team we had.

Very pleased with the performance of most of our young guys.

Magnus Pääjärvi-Svensson will be a beast for the Oilers.. can't remember Sweden ever having a player like him. Blazing speed and shoot-first mentality. Needs to get a bit stronger on the puck along the boards but other than that he's already a top 6 NHL player. Sky's the limit for him.

Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Linus Omark, Erik Karlsson, Johan Harju, Victor Hedman etc. all looked great for the most part.

Hmm... No mention of Ericsson. He must have done terrible.

Guest mindfly

Playing soft and prone to turnovers, like usual....

I didn't mention him because he's a bit older than those other guys :) Apart from Nylander he probably has the most NHL experience of any player that was on the team.

He was very solid for the most part. Made a lot of great plays, his outlet passes were fantastic.. sure every now and then he looked lost in the defensive zone but I still like what I saw from him in this tournament.

Guest mindfly

Which teams other than Detroit have Swedes as a good portion of their team?

Vancouver got 4

H.Sedin

D.Sedin

Samuelsson

Edler

I didn't mention him because he's a bit older than those other guys :) Apart from Nylander he probably has the most NHL experience of any player that was on the team.

He was very solid for the most part. Made a lot of great plays, his outlet passes were fantastic.. sure every now and then he looked lost in the defensive zone but I still like what I saw from him in this tournament.

What kind of player to you think he'll be? When he started out we heard reports that the sky was the limit for him. Now after this year it seems like he'll be a #4 or 5 defenseman at best. He shows flashes every now and again but consistency seems to be too big of an issue in which we should not expect him to be a top 3 defenseman.

Guest mindfly

I don't get it. Why did he do that?

I can think of 2 things, it was his last game as headcoach for the nationalteam and wanted to stay with the boys a little longer, he really likes being around them..for whatever reason

:hehe:

The media, and most people in sweden, blamed him for taking a timeout in the czech game with not many seconds left and the czechs scored and then won in the shootout...

What kind of player to you think he'll be? When he started out we heard reports that the sky was the limit for him. Now after this year it seems like he'll be a #4 or 5 defenseman at best. He shows flashes every now and again but consistency seems to be too big of an issue in which we should not expect him to be a top 3 defenseman.

I'm not giving up hope of him becoming a top 4 d-man just because of his rookie season. But we probably shouldn't expect him to be the guy to carry his pairing, like Lidstrom who could form one of the best d-pairs in the league playing next to my kitchen table.

Next season will be a better indication of what his potential is imo.. so many d-men struggle in their first year, and like you say the biggest issue is his consistancy. He has all the necessary tools to become great.

The media, and most people in sweden, blamed him for taking a timeout in the czech game with not many seconds left and the czechs scored and then won in the shootout...

ding ding ding

In an interview right after the game when he was asked about the timeout (at the end of the bronze medal game) he said "without that timeout we probably wouldn't have won", an obvious reply to the media who said the timeout at the end of the semi-final made us lose the game.