• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yzerfan1999

Worst Hockey Team Name Ever?

Rate this topic

Its a clever play on words...i guess? But seriously, how strange would it be to play for a team whose name and jersey is based on sexual slang?

I can't believe I had never heard of them before today.

Haha, and the logo? The stork is a nice touch...

MaconWhoopee.png

In my opinion, Anaheim Ducks is the worst by far!

It's still better than the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim. At least now they aren't named after a Disney movie.

Imagine if the Angels owner went after the ducks. They would have been called the Los Angeles Mighty Ducks of Anaheim now. ;)

Any singularly named team:

Avalanche

Lightning

Wild

Disagree, especially on the Lightning. The modern plural for Lightning is Lightning. 'Lightnings' is an archaic plural that only shows up in old poetry.

Avalanche is a good name, and 'Avalanches' would just sound terrible. The Wild, on the other hand, I agree with. Wtf is a Wild? Some sort of Bear-Tiger-Weasel-Cat-Wolf-Thing, apparently.

For me, personally, it's the Ducks. The Mighty Ducks was horrible, but hey, it was a Disney franchise. On the other hand, the Ducks? Why the hell did they keep the name Ducks? WTF kind of team name is Ducks? That's even less terrifying than Penguins. At least Penguins have an association with ice. Ducks migrate away from ice in Winter (hey, maybe they should be in Phoenix).

On the other hand, the Ducks? Why the hell did they keep the name Ducks? WTF kind of team name is Ducks?

Our local team here is call the Mallards, pretty much the same thing. But the reason they're called the Mallards is because we are on the Mississippi River and there are TONS of ducks here, but why Anaheim is still the Ducks I don't know, at least we have a reason. For the 2 years we had Calgary's AHL team they changed the name to the Flames, that was the worst, we actually lost ticket sales because of the loyals that hated the name change. But what about Rockford Ice Hogs? Or even the Iowa Chops, with a big pig head as the logo, lol.

Its a clever play on words...i guess? But seriously, how strange would it be to play for a team whose name and jersey is based on sexual slang?

MaconWhoopee.png

I have got to hope that's supposed to be a whooping crane.

MaconWhoopee.png

It's supposed to be a whooping crane. Unfortunately the team has been defunct for almost a decade.

I have got to hope that's supposed to be a whooping crane.

LOL, you got it.

1916 Edmonton Lady Swasticas.

holy crap, look at this one

The swastika was in use LONG (~500 B.C.)before the Nazis f***edmessed it up. In 1916 the Swastika was mainly a religious symbol, not being adopted by the Nazi party until 1920.

Edited by syntax

It's still better than the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim. At least now they aren't named after a Disney movie.

Imagine if the Angels owner went after the ducks. They would have been called the Los Angeles Mighty Ducks of Anaheim now. ;)

I gotta vote for the Mighty Ducks. That name is embarassing, to say the least.

puffy.....your avatar....LOL

It's supposed to be a whooping crane. Unfortunately the team has been defunct for almost a decade.

LOL, you got it.

The swastika was in use LONG (~500 B.C.)before the Nazis f***edmessed it up. In 1916 the Swastika was mainly a religious symbol, not being adopted by the Nazi party until 1920.

Haha, fair enough, but the subtle little bee there after the nameplate? The birds and the bees?

Hahahah

Our local team here is call the Mallards, pretty much the same thing. But the reason they're called the Mallards is because we are on the Mississippi River and there are TONS of ducks here, but why Anaheim is still the Ducks I don't know, at least we have a reason. For the 2 years we had Calgary's AHL team they changed the name to the Flames, that was the worst, we actually lost ticket sales because of the loyals that hated the name change. But what about Rockford Ice Hogs? Or even the Iowa Chops, with a big pig head as the logo, lol.

Pigs, and more especially wild pigs, and wild hogs as well, are dangerous motherf***ers. I'd be more afraid of them than many primarily predatory animals.

Haha, fair enough, but the subtle little bee there after the nameplate? The birds and the bees?

Hahahah

Oh, no doubt about it....that's the way it was designed on purpose...the stork-looking bird and the bee for the aforementioned 'birds and bees' reference. They just said it was a whooping crane so they could say that the whole jersey wasn't one huge sexual innuendo ;)