• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

If you had to predict what the 2010-2011 Roster WILL look like

Rate this topic

How can Apple Fritter make anyone's 3rd line?? Sketchy with the puck (not much different than Helm) and maybe just a bigger, slower Helm if anything.

Based on offensive ability and potential. He's a better puck handler and has a better scoring touch. Helm has almost 0 finish. Abdelkader is going to come out strong next year I think and will eventually work his way to the third line if he doesnt start there. And Babcock already said he will be in on the PK right away.

I think Miller is gone. People who think he's a good energy guy are wrong.

How many big hits did he have? 0

How fast is he? Average

Does he ever fight? Nope

PK ability? Average and since Abs is going to be on the PK he isn't needed.

Making this bottom 6 tougher like Kenny wants too is gonig to eman getting rid of bottom line guys who provide nothing like Miller, and scratching Draper.

How can Apple Fritter make anyone's 3rd line?? Sketchy with the puck (not much different than Helm) and maybe just a bigger, slower Helm if anything.

Abby has a higher offensive upside than Helm. In the AHL, Abby was much closer to being a PPG player than Helm. Also, Abby played most of last season (NHL time) with May and Maltby. While he is slower, Abby does have better hands and finishing ability than Helm. Hopefully he gets a chance to improve these skills this year.

Based on offensive ability and potential. He's a better puck handler and has a better scoring touch. Helm has almost 0 finish. Abdelkader is going to come out strong next year I think and will eventually work his way to the third line if he doesnt start there. And Babcock already said he will be in on the PK right away.

I think Miller is gone. People who think he's a good energy guy are wrong.

How many big hits did he have? 0

How fast is he? Average

Does he ever fight? Nope

PK ability? Average and since Abs is going to be on the PK he isn't needed.

Making this bottom 6 tougher like Kenny wants too is gonig to eman getting rid of bottom line guys who provide nothing like Miller, and scratching Draper.

Hopefully my friend! I want Abby to be out there as much as possible...and stepping it up and getting even stronger with the offensive ability and having Huds as a possible linemate. I like where your heads at on this.

And this for sure. As I have said, no more favors. You have to be brutal with these guys even though Drapes is definitely one of the more beloved guys we have had around here in a long time.

Abdelkader, Helm, Miller, Meech, and Eaves will all be tendered offers based on what Holland has said.

Already signed players who will be on the roster:

F: Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen, Hudler, Filppula, Cleary, Draper

D: Rafalski, Kronwall, Stuart, Ericsson, Kindl

G: Howard, Osgood

Remaining cap space: $14,037,121

This means at least five forwards and one defenseman MUST be signed, plus there is space for up to three additional players. Holmstrom, Bertuzzi, Maltby are UFAs up front and Lidstrom, Lilja and Lebda are UFAs on defense.

Maltby is expected to retire. Lebda is not expected to be re-signed. This leaves Homer and Bert up front, with Lidstrom and Lilja on D.

Furthermore, forward prospect Mattias Ritola is out of AHL options, so he must be considered as well. He is currently signed to a contract with a cap hit of $516,667.

Top priority is Lidstrom, of course. His status determines the entire course of the summer. Lidstrom will probably get a deal in the range of $5.5m or so. As far as Holmstrom and Bertuzzi, one, both, or neither may return. Bertuzzi made $3m this past season due to his buyout, so he will likely be looking for a raise to around $2.25-$2.5m, especially having had a solid season. He wants to stay in Detroit, but Holland is more likely to bring back Holmstrom than Bertuzzi for the same money if he has to decide, and Homer seems to be looking for the same kind of cash.

With probably about $3.75 combined between the RFAs, and $5.5 to Lidstrom, that takes up $9.25m of the $14m cap space, cutting it down to $4.75m. It also means 11 forwards, 7 defensemen, and 2 goalies signed. Add Holmstrom or Bertuzzi for about $2.5, and that leaves $2.25 with 12 forwards, 7 defensemen, and 2 goalies. Add in Ritola and you have $1.75m left with 13-7-2. Now we get to Andreas Lilja, who the Wings also want back. He'd likely take a pay cut, down to around $1m, if he doesn't retire or go elsewhere to a team offering him around $2m-$2.5m. So the Wings go up to 13-8-2 with $.75 left in cap space. If Lilja retires, that's 13-7-2 with $1.75m left in cap space.

F: Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen, Hudler, Filppula, Cleary, Draper, Holmstrom, Helm, Abdelkader, Miller, Eaves, Ritola

D: Lidstrom, Rafalski, Kronwall, Stuart, Ericsson, Kindl, Lilja (?), Meech

G: Howard, Osgood

... if someone came back with something that DIDN'T involve trading a recently signed player, who just came back from the KHL, SPECIFICALLY to play here, or cutting one or BOTH of our RFA forward acquisitions from last year, who were integral to our PK mind you (both of whom Holland has already said he will tender offers to) and I'd have no problem with it...

Funny that you left Eaves off your roster. :)

Jiri Hudler / Pavel Datsyuk / Tomas Holmstrom

Valtteri Filppula / Henrik Zetterberg / Johan Franzen

Todd Bertuzzi / Justin Abdelkader / Daniel Cleary

Patrick Eaves / Darren Helm / Physical UFA (Nystrom would be candidate, someone in that mold)

Kris Draper

Ritola or Miller if we have the cap space

Nicklas Lidstrom / Brian Rafalski

Brad Stuart / Niklas Kronwall

Jonathan Ericsson / Jakub Kindl

Derek Meech (Yeah, unfortunately this is what I expect for our 5-6-7 on defense)

Jimmy Howard / Chris Osgood

Franzen Zetterberg Flip

Homer Datsyuk Bertuzzi

Hudler Abdelkader Cleary

Eaves Helm Burish

Draper/Ritola

Lidstrom Rafalski

Kronwall Stuart

Ericcson Lilja/Janik/Strudwick/BROOKBANK(hopefully)

Holland said he'll add a physical 4th line type guy. Burish can still play and plays extremely similar to Drake did. Depending on what Lilja gets offered or what he might be gone. Brookbank is his perfect replacement. I doubt Brookbank will be here but if Lilja is gone he would be the best fit from everyone I saw out of the free agents.

It seems that we agree on a lot on here. I'd like to see a roster very similar to yours. Maybe try to below lines (which may not have the chemistry, but the skill is there). In the above, did you forget Kindl or are you omitting him on purpose? I'd be fine letting Lilja go with Janik up full time as the 6th/7th defensemen.

Flip- Dats- Homer

Franzen- Z- Bert

Huds- Abby- Cleary

Eaves- Helm- Burish

The team will be identical to that of last season with the exception of the addition of Hudler and the subtraction of Williams. Big changes will come the following season, once our 4-ring club members retire.

Hudler-Pav-Fil

Mule-Z-Bert

Cleary-Helm-Eaves

Homer-Abby-Miller

Draper

Lids-Raf

Kro-Stu

Lil-E

Kindl

Howie

Ozzie

Guest mindfly

I think this team needs atleast 1 new player, going with a team that choked (yeah 2nd round exit is choke by red wing measurements) is not a good idea, no matter how healthy they manage to stay

Homer Pav Mule

Flip Z Bert

Cleary Helm Hudler

Miller Abby Eaves

Draper

Ritola or a free agent in the mold of Drake

Lids(fingers crossed) Raffi

Kronner Stuart

Big E Kindl

Meech or a free agent singing

Howie

Ozzy

i think that Hudler is the only guaranteed free agent signing the wings will have this off season. the other possibilities are a 4th liner that will fill dallas drakes' shoes whom the team has missed more than anyone thought possible, and somebody to take the place of Lilja whom may never recover from the concussion and holland may not want to waste the cap space. the only way meech sticks around is if the price is right on all the signing that will take place and if he plays so well the wings cant afford to get rid of him. Ritola will have to beat out draper and whom ever the wings bring in on tryouts to make the team other wise its another year in GR or a trade out of town.

If we keep the same roster as this season, then we'll have the same result that we had this season.

Some changes need to be made. Can't just bring back the same team unless you win the Cup. Even then, you usually see teams make changes of some kind.

I think the biggest change will be having a real top6 forward rather than guys like Williams. Also, I doubt any team can win the Cup with that many injuries we had this season.

I think the biggest change will be having a real top6 forward rather than guys like Williams. Also, I doubt any team can win the Cup with that many injuries we had this season.

Yeah, but we were healthy in the playoffs.

Some people even thought the injuries would be an advantage once everyone became healthy. They couldn't have been more wrong.

I think you and I both agree that an enforcer is what will put this team over the top as far as offseason acquisitions go. :D

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

*Alexei Ponikarovsky ($2.500m) / * Tomas Holmstrom ($2.000m) / Kris Draper ($1.583m)

* Todd Bertuzzi ($1.500m) / * Justin Abdelkader ($0.900m) / * Darren Helm ($0.800m)

Mattias Ritola ($0.517m)

DEFENSEMEN

Brian Rafalski ($6.000m) / * Nicklas Lidstrom ($5.250m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m) / Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

* Derek Meech ($0.500m)

GOALTENDERS

Chris Osgood ($1.417m) / Jimmy Howard ($0.717m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)

ROSTER: 22; PAYROLL: $57.630m; CAP ROOM: $0.070m BONUSES: $0.000m

Is this realistic? I don't know. I hope Lidstrom takes that much of a pay cut but I could see him demanding a little more than that. I also have no idea how much it will take to resign Helm and Abby. I think we will sink or swim with Kindl being a regular defenseman, I know last year everyone thought we would trade for a "real" back up goalie but Holland trusted in Howard and was rewarded so I think its time to trust in Kindl now. I don't necessarily think we will sign Ponikarovsky but I think there is a good chance we go after a 2nd/3rd line tweener and that is the first name I found on cap geek's UFA list that seemed realistic to sign for 2.5 m. I know Holland said he wants to make the bottom six tougher but I think what they really want to do is be able to roll three scoring lines again, I swear that I read somewhere that he said that. Or maybe that is just what I want them to do :ph34r:

It seems that we agree on a lot on here. I'd like to see a roster very similar to yours. Maybe try to below lines (which may not have the chemistry, but the skill is there). In the above, did you forget Kindl or are you omitting him on purpose? I'd be fine letting Lilja go with Janik up full time as the 6th/7th defensemen.

Flip- Dats- Homer

Franzen- Z- Bert

Huds- Abby- Cleary

Eaves- Helm- Burish

No I forgot about him but I dont care really for making good D lines because we pretty muchh ave our top 6 set unless we lose Lilja then who knows what Kenny would do.

Okay I said sign Burish but I really think the best option for what we're looking for is Nystrom. He's good for 15 goals and 10 fights a year. What do you think would be a better signing, Burish(who will fight like 20 times probably and is more agitating) or Nystrom because he has more of a skilled game but is slightly less rough?

Yeah, but we were healthy in the playoffs.

Some people even thought the injuries would be an advantage once everyone became healthy. They couldn't have been more wrong.

I think you and I both agree that an enforcer is what will put this team over the top as far as offseason acquisitions go. :D

Well of course those regular season injuries had some effect on our post-season performances as well.

And yeah, I do agree that an enforcer would be nice. I'd want us to get a younger guy (not someone like May) who could stick around for the next years as well. But I don't think anything major is gonna happen. We probably already know our top6 forwards, our top4 d-men and our goalies. There will be some changes but they will be small. Although having one enforcer instead of none could be a big difference actually.

Well of course those regular season injuries had some effect on our post-season performances as well.

And yeah, I do agree that an enforcer would be nice. I'd want us to get a younger guy (not someone like May) who could stick around for the next years as well. But I don't think anything major is gonna happen. We probably already know our top6 forwards, our top4 d-men and our goalies. There will be some changes but they will be small. Although having one enforcer instead of none could be a big difference actually.

I don't see it being an actual enforcer though. Burish or Nystrom type guys(I would be ecstatic at both) are probably who kenny will look into. He may also see if he can get Chipchura who was a high touted prospect 2 years ago fromt he ducks.

Not your textbook enforcers but more like Drake type guys, all are under like 26 i think so we could have a solid, tough, young guy for once

No I forgot about him but I dont care really for making good D lines because we pretty muchh ave our top 6 set unless we lose Lilja then who knows what Kenny would do.

Okay I said sign Burish but I really think the best option for what we're looking for is Nystrom. He's good for 15 goals and 10 fights a year. What do you think would be a better signing, Burish(who will fight like 20 times probably and is more agitating) or Nystrom because he has more of a skilled game but is slightly less rough?

My main priority for an enforcer is that they can skate and hit well. This will allow them to be successful in a fourth ling grinding role. Goals will come with the Wings' depth if they can do these things. I'd like to Wings to pick up someone who can police the game (must also be tougher than Abby). This doesn't mean they have to instigate for no/little reason, but I want someone there to retaliate when other teams take liberties. This might be 10 fights a year, but it might also be 20+. I haven't watched many Calgary games lately, so I cannot attest to Nystrom's abilities here. Someone like Jared Boll would be a perfect fit for the Wings, so whoever is closest to this I would be happiest with (more skill is always better though). With that said, Colton Orr is my favorite current enforcer (although he won't ever be a Wing) because he is a decent player and polices the game very well.

They could have been like you and though we'd never make the playoffs, let alone a 5 seed. Technically, *you* couldn't have been more wrong.

Raffi and Lidstrom need to be broken up...They really don't work together all that well anymore.

This. They are good, but they don;t complement anymore, and being together doesn't overpower a team like they did 2 years ago. Spread them out, let them play with younger players.

They could have been like you and though we'd never make the playoffs, let alone a 5 seed. Technically, *you* couldn't have been more wrong.

Here comes the troll.

I never said we were definitely going to miss the playoffs. The 5 seed was just a guess that went wrong. Big freaking deal haters.

with money we might save off Lids and the money we save by not bringing back Miller,Williams whats that like 2mill between the 2 does any one think we could get Raffi Torres hes a big guys 6'0 220 skates good, hits,can fight and can chip in offensivly have something like...

Franzen-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Hudler-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Filppula-Torres

Eaves-Abdelkader-Helm

Draper