39 replies to this topic

#1 96warrior

96warrior

3rd Line Checker

• HoF Booster
  • 499 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 12:55 PM

Cleary OK after surgery on left knee

Dan Cleary's disappointing season can be explained by two small reasons. Cleary underwent surgery Tuesday to repair two tears to his left meniscus.

"It was bothering me all year," Cleary said. "I basically couldn't walk the last seven months. I had to brace myself against a wall just to get upstairs, but then when I'd hit the ice, it would be OK, so that's why we didn't do the surgery until now."

Cleary, who also had a groin injury and a separated shoulder during the season, had just 34 points in 64 games.

"Now I can't wait to start training again," he said. "This is going to be my hardest summer of training, and I'm going to come back stronger than ever next season."

Helene St. James

#2 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:00 PM

Cleary OK after surgery on left knee

Dan Cleary's disappointing season can be explained by two small reasons. Cleary underwent surgery Tuesday to repair two tears to his left meniscus.

"It was bothering me all year," Cleary said. "I basically couldn't walk the last seven months. I had to brace myself against a wall just to get upstairs, but then when I'd hit the ice, it would be OK, so that's why we didn't do the surgery until now."

Cleary, who also had a groin injury and a separated shoulder during the season, had just 34 points in 64 games.

"Now I can't wait to start training again," he said. "This is going to be my hardest summer of training, and I'm going to come back stronger than ever next season."

Helene St. James

Those comments are very encouraging - shows a lot of passion

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#3 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:19 PM

Go cleary! prove us all wrong and become a 20+goal scorer again

Edited by mindfly, 26 May 2010 - 01:19 PM.

#4 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:20 PM

Hopefully by reading this, the plugs who think Cleary was just tanking altogether can be silenced. Clears is an all out warrior and love that we have him. Looking for a much better campaign in 10-11 Posted Image
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#5 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:38 PM

Knew something was wrong. People saying he needs to be traded and blah blah blah will be eating crow next season.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#6 Donaldjr2448

Donaldjr2448

LETS GO REDWINGS!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:40 PM

This is not suprising! Just about everyone was injured on the roster this year! Reading that quote from Clears gave me goosebumps!! I can't wait either!!

#7 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:00 PM

When Cleary makes such bold comments as "This is going to be my hardest summer of training, and I'm going to come back stronger than ever next season.", you better believe he's one determined man, and will be a possessed mofo next season. I expect the entire team to come back more hungry and determined than ever.

#8 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:03 PM

Wow! He has been playing with torn meniscus!!
I have had the same surgery about 6 weeks ago after about 3 month since the actual injury happened. I can tell it was not very pleasant 3 month... And he could play!... Wow!

#9 Hockey God

Hockey God

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:27 PM

wut a warrior its good to hear

#10 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:31 PM

Man, that's brutal. And he was playing through a severely-torn grain during the playoffs last season. This guy is a beast. The words "Cleary" and "lazy" are antonyms. They just don't go together.

#11 magicaldatsyuk

magicaldatsyuk

Rookie

• Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:13 PM

im hoping cleary can prove me wrong and be a better point-producer next season.
"failing to prepare is the same as preparing for failure."- John Wooden

#12 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:18 PM

Cleary has always been one of the best play-off players for us since he came here. Basically, only Hank and Lids were better during the past few seasons. Sometimes I wished we would have 12 Clearies on our roster. I knew something was wrong with him.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#13 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:27 PM

I'm sure this is why his physical game was lacking compared to usual as well. He just didn't seem like same old Cleary that we all loved. I bet he scores more goals then Hudler next year.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#14 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:27 PM

Cleary has always been one of the best play-off players for us since he came here. Basically, only Hank and Lids were better during the past few seasons. Sometimes I wished we would have 12 Clearies on our roster. I knew something was wrong with him.

Amen... That playoff performance he had last year was just ridiculous. Can only get more excited knowing that he in fact wasn't at all healthy and we get a 100% Danny boy. Posted Image

#15 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:31 PM

Sweet.

#16 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:34 PM

More this again.

#17 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:39 PM

This is exactly what I love about guys like Cleary - they hold themselves accountable. He knew he had a bad season, especially for his salary. To hear him say stuff like this makes me look forward to next season even more.

#18 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:19 PM

Cleary might just be my favorite Red Wing.

That being said, we're praising him for fighting through an injury that lead him to have a terrible season/playoffs, yet we condemn to hell a former player for the same reason...just sayin'.
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#19 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:26 PM

Posted Image

#20 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 09:03 PM

Hockey players are beasts! Way to go Clears :clap:

MLB/NBA players get a little dust in their eye and they are out for a month.