• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,678 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:52 PM

Reports coming out that Ron MacLean jumped in the Delaware River in Philly this afternoon to save a man who was attempting suicide.

Details still emerging.

#2 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:57 PM

Was the man in question short with a badly sunburned face?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#3 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:00 PM

Was the man in question short with a badly sunburned face?

ahahahah no he wouldn't have saved that rat
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#4 CenterIce

CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:08 PM

ahahahah no he wouldn't have saved that rat

http://twitter.com/JeffMarek
To clarify: Ron MacLean pulled both men out of the Delaware with a velvet rope and stantion where he was having lunch w/Don Cherry. 12 minutes ago via web

..both of them out of the Delaware. Told the story on the HNiC radio show 34 minutes ago via web

Further part of story....MacLean grabbed velvet rope and dragged both the man and another person who had jumped in to save him. Helped pull 35 minutes ago via web

True Story: Ron MacLean jumped into the Delaware River to save a man who was taking his own life this afternoon. about 2 hours ago via web

#5 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:09 PM

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5248861

works every time

#6 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:10 PM

Reports coming out that Ron MacLean jumped in the Delaware River in Philly this afternoon to save a man who was attempting suicide.

Details still emerging.

Surprised Gary Bettman didn't intervene by saying the Fan's really wanted the guy to commit suicide
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#7 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:12 PM

Why save a person who decided to commit suicide, never understood.. it's their choice.

#8 CenterIce

CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:16 PM

Why save a person who decided to commit suicide, never understood.. it's their choice.

Maybe the guy thought no one in the world cared if he was around any more. This story showed that two guys did care. It can change someone's outlook.

#9 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:39 PM

Maybe the guy thought no one in the world cared if he was around any more. This story showed that two guys did care. It can change someone's outlook.

This.

I'd rather a person be alive and know someone cares about him than be dead thinking he wouldn't be missed.

#10 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:42 PM

I know someone who was going thru a hard time and try to take thier own life...and now 22 yrs later she is the best thing that has ever happened to me, so I married her. She's pregnant with our child right now.

Looking at her now, no one would ever believe she ever tried to kill herself. She doesn't waste a moment, overfilling with life, motivates me, challenges me, and inspires me.

Good job Ron and "other guy".

#11 HockeyTownHouligan

HockeyTownHouligan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:07 PM

With all do respect, some people have what we intelligent people like to call "mental illnesses". I'm not going to go into great detail but what I will say is that your a ****** and you shouldn't just jump to conclusions about how someone is just because your too ignorant to try to understand them. Obviously this was a cry for help for a man that just needed some evaluation and maybe some meds and someone to talk to. It's people like you that need to have their eyes opened once in a while. Just because you haven't dealt with this yet, doesn't mean you should butt in with stupid talk that makes everyone stupider while reading it. So I'm going to say good job Ron and other guy. I'm glad to see that some people in the world care for others in need.

#12 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:56 PM

Ron MacLean is a officially a hero :thumbup: .

#13 zackmorris

zackmorris

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 01:46 AM

What a short sighted foolish reaction. They could thank him later in life.

And if they really want to try again, they can try again.

My ex girlfriend's sister tried to kill herself. To this day she stresses how it was one of the most foolish decisions of her life. Just because you made a decision doesn't always mean it's a good one.

#14 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 01:54 AM

even if they try again in the future i think it is the right thing to try and save someone...that was real big of the guy...im sure that was a very hard thing to witness....

#15 weGotTheCup89

weGotTheCup89

This is for the Wings fans!

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:32 AM

Ron MacLean as "Clarence" in "It's a Wonderful Life"
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!
Q: Of all the individual trophies you have not won, which one would you most like to win?
Datsyuk: I have so many of them that I haven't won. I think I would most like to win a trophy to the best goaltending duo.

#16 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:19 AM

i think the first thing that goes through your head is: a human being is in trouble and needs help, i better try and do something about it. not, gee i bet they wanna die so i should just stand by and let it happen

#17 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 07:19 AM

From Toronto Star :

So what was Cherry doing during all the commotion?

“He was supervising as usual,” MacLean said with a laugh. “He could see pretty soon that everything was going to be okay.”

Asked if he was rattled by the experience, MacLean said he didn’t have time to think about that.

“I was just glad to get away from one of Grapes’ stories about (Chicago Blackhawks forward) Dave Bolland,” he joked".

He also asked if the man in need was Ed Olczyk. When he was told no, MacLean offered his assistance.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#18 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 02:32 PM

I know someone who was going thru a hard time and try to take thier own life...and now 22 yrs later she is the best thing that has ever happened to me, so I married her. She's pregnant with our child right now.

Looking at her now, no one would ever believe she ever tried to kill herself. She doesn't waste a moment, overfilling with life, motivates me, challenges me, and inspires me.

Good job Ron and "other guy".

This
:clap:

#19 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 02:54 PM

Human life is precious, and any untimely death, whether by accident, illness, or a conscious decision to take or end a life, is tragic. Ron McLean is a hero and should be recognized as such, as should the unnamed bystander who also jumped in to help.

OK, public service announcement over, I'll let you get back to your morbid humor

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#20 zackmorris

zackmorris

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 02:57 PM

^It's the internet man, sadly this is the prime place to go to say stupid s*** just to get a reaction.

i think the first thing that goes through your head is: a human being is in trouble and needs help, i better try and do something about it. not, gee i bet they wanna die so i should just stand by and let it happen

No kidding.

I guess some people are into watching other people die.