• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Octopus

Toews on NHL 11?

Rate this topic

exactly, I didn't mention the CHL exactly, but I've made several mentions about junior leagues as well... I just still REALLY hope they add to the management part of the game, for example:

draft a guy at 18 and own his rights for 3 years before you have to sign him to an entry level deal, let him develop overseas or in juniors AFTER being drafted, then after 3 years, then sign him to his entry level deal, then at 24, he is an RFA and you can tender him a qualifying offer and sign RFA's to offer sheets, etc... I just hate how right now, if you draft high, you're either paying out the ass for a 21 year old that you basically HAVE to put on your roster, or you lose him... they should make it easier to retain your assets for longer and develop them longer...

You should just download Eastside Hockey Manager. It's a little outdated, but there is a large community devoted to keeping it up to date more or less. I still play it. There's only so much you can do with a console game before you run out of space or run out of money and resources to complete everything you truly want to do.

I play NHL 94 on my HD Projector at least once a week with friends, no game will ever beat that game.

There a lot of little details I'd like added to NHL 11. NHL 10 was great, but a few tweaks are needed I think.

First, I'd like for it to be possible to change the amount of games played in the season during GM and Be a Pro mode. I hate simming games but it's just impossible to play even the majority of games in a 25 or 30 year dynasty, whichever it is (haven't finished mine yet).

I'd also like to remove the restrictions on the goalies so that they can fight, be provoked, etc.

The gameplay is really fine, but these and a few other bonuses would be great.

Oh, and the draft, make it relevant! I get tired of having half my team have the same last name after a 15 seasons. And have some better draft notes that a generic letter grade. You can basically draft anyone without even thinking about it and be fine.

Fixed...Kinda lol blush.gif Still worst photoshop ever but hey its my first time.

It's the thought that counts. ;)

As far as Toew's on NHL11 I don't really thing they should put 2 blackhawks on the cover two years in a row. It's s***ty beacuase he TOTALLY deserves it this year, as Kane didn't last year. But meh... two year two hawks. Not a fan :thumbdown:

But who should be on the cover? Maybe the Sedins' or hate saying this but... Crosby, or maybe even my boy Richards! Or Doughty, someone like that.

How stupid and *** is that. When was the last time a Red Wing was on one of those games by EA Sports un NHL 97 if I'm not Mistaken. It doesn't even have to be a Red Wing there are a ton of other great players that deserve a Cover Shot Oppertunity.

just came to mind...one of the covers in the past few years...09 i think you could get an alternate with Zetterberg on the cover. i'll check the net tonight at home and get back to you guys. if there is an alternate, i'm buying it for the collection. :yowza:

Yeah, they release a different cover for the european version. He was on the NHL 08 european(swedish) cover.

Next year Marian Hossa? Lets go three for three!

No way... Heard a rumor it will be Cristobal Huet on the cover of AHL '11 though. And in a stunning precedent Brian Campbell will be showcased in Cap Busters '11. Stay tuned for more.

No way... Heard a rumor it will be Cristobal Huet on the cover of AHL '11 though. And in a stunning precedent Brian Campbell will be showcased in Cap Busters '11. Stay tuned for more.

Haha, I was totally being sarcastic. That would be an awful choice in my opinion! But lmao poor Huet. Haha nice one!

How stupid and *** is that. When was the last time a Red Wing was on one of those games by EA Sports un NHL 97 if I'm not Mistaken.

You're surprised? The Wings have had some of the best players in the world over the last 20 years but have gotten little or next to no marketing attention other than Fedorov in the 90s.

Edited by Original-Six

<br>You're surprised? The Wings have had some of the best players in the world over the last 20 years but have gotten little or next to no marketing attention other than Fedorov in the 90s.

:thumbup: This is true but I do believe its worse now then ever before though. Zetterberg should have graced the 09 cover not Dion (in my opinion anyway) and Lids has never been on one in his reign of worlds best D man. I saw alot more Yzerman, Shanahan, Fedorov then Lidstrom, Zetterberg and Dats thats for sure....Are they even comparable? Are they being "overlooked"? or is it just sour grapes.

Edited by 13dangledangle

I've heard this game is supposed to rule. They've updated the engine and made checks more lifelike with more realistic reactions. Sticks can break this time around, too.

Anyone know if this will actually be on the Wii?

<br>You're surprised? The Wings have had some of the best players in the world over the last 20 years but have gotten little or next to no marketing attention other than Fedorov in the 90s.

:thumbup: This is true but I do believe its worse now then ever before though. Zetterberg should have graced the 09 cover not Dion (in my opinion anyway) and Lids has never been on one in his reign of worlds best D man. I saw alot more Yzerman, Shanahan, Fedorov then Lidstrom, Zetterberg and Dats thats for sure....Are they even comparable? Are they being "overlooked"? or is it just sour grapes.

The problem is within the Wings' organization, specifically their marketing department. They're responsible for getting the players out there into the public.