• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Are We Not Good Enough to Win the Cup?

Rate this topic

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

There have been so many threads about trying to sign one player or trading for another. Do you guys think we are not good enough to win the cup or something? Personally I think we are loaded and ready to make a run...that's just me though.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Of course we are good enough to win the Cup. Red Wings fans are never quite satisfied with the roster no matter how good it is. We're spoiled and the bar has been set so high with this team. In a Cap world, teams can no longer stack their roster with stars. You can afford 4 or 5 and then support them with solid bang for the buck players. Holland said himself that it's impossible to have everything you want now when building a team. The Wings have the deepest team in the league IMO. Especially now that Chicago is having to sell off its depth to be under the Cap by October. Barring injury, the Wings have as much chance to win the Cup as any team in the league does. I'd make them the favourites right now actually only because I believe in this team to win it all next season. Bias aside, I think the Wings have the most pieces in place to win the Cup.

Guest Heaten

I think Red Wings are currently better than the 2009/10 team. I do think they need to make a 4th line tweak. Maybe sign a solid 6th dman in case Ericsson or Kindl struggle. It'd be worth while to have someone who can step in if/when they slump and Babcock decides to bench one.

Other than that, I think they are pretty much set for a deep playoff run.

How can we be good enough when we have the same team that got Ousted in the 2nd round?

Yes we have a great team. But I think Kenny should of waited until July 1st to add a nice piece to get better. Just saying this is the same team as last year only a year older. Go Wings and PLEASE prove me wrong and I will eat the crow for sure.

I guess I should hold my thoughts this time, Hopefully we stay healthy and then we would be WAY better than last years team.

This is what I mean,

This is off the Spectors Hockey site......

The Blackhawks aren't done dealing and are believed shopping winger Kris Versteeg...The Lightning might also be in the mix for Evgeni Nabokov's negotiating rights...the Ducks aren't sure what to do about Bobby Ryan...

Bobby Ryan a RFA Offer Hudler and a Pick and give him a long term deal worth 3.5 to 4 a year. Its only 2 more than Hudler's hit against the Cap.... Am I crazy?

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan

Guest Hatethedrake!

How can we be good enough when we have the same team that got Ousted in the 2nd round?

Yes we have a great team. But I think Kenny should of waited until July 1st to add a nice piece to get better. Just saying this is the same team as last year only a year older. Go Wings and PLEASE prove me wrong and I will eat the crow for sure.

I guess I should hold my thoughts this time, Hopefully we stay healthy and then we would be WAY better than last years team.

I still attribute last season's 2nd round loss to fatigue. With a month more of rest, this Wings team will be much better to watch next season and will have more gas in the tank for the playoffs. I was happy to hear the Wings will be the Hawks opponent in their banner raising game. What better way to motivate the Wings then to see a rival hoist a Cup banner. I think they are motivated enough already and hungrier and healthier.

Also Hudler comes back. Plus a full season of Abdelkader helps. No Williams improves this team even though he was injured quite a bit last season (as most Wings players were). Howard carried this team last season and now will be playing behind a healthy line-up. I think all the signs are pointing for a great season for the Wings. I can't wait.

Guest mindfly

At the moment I don't think the bottom6 and 3rd pair are good enough for a cup

Edited by mindfly

I still attribute last season's 2nd round loss to fatigue. With a month more of rest, this Wings team will be much better to watch next season and will have more gas in the tank for the playoffs. I was happy to hear the Wings will be the Hawks opponent in their banner raising game. What better way to motivate the Wings then to see a rival hoist a Cup banner. I think they are motivated enough already and hungrier and healthier.

Also Hudler comes back. Plus a full season of Abdelkader helps. No Williams improves this team even though he was injured quite a bit last season (as most Wings players were). Howard carried this team last season and now will be playing behind a healthy line-up. I think all the signs are pointing for a great season for the Wings. I can't wait.

Pardon me if I don't jump for joy and start engraving the cup... Hudler is good but he is not gonna be the catalyst here. Being healthy will. and (Even tho it is pretty certain) Abdelkader Isnt under contract ...YET!

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan

Pardon me if I don't jump for joy and start engraving the cup... Hudler is good but he is not gonna be the catalyst here. Being healthy will.

Hudler will be a big catalyst on the powerplay. Book it. Our percentage will go up a fair amount with him on the team. Special teams wins games... especially in the nuNHL

Guest Hatethedrake!

Pardon me if I don't jump for joy and start engraving the cup... Hudler is good but he is not gonna be the catalyst here. Being healthy will. and (Even tho it is pretty certain) Abdelkader Isnt under contract ...YET!

He isn't? I guess Datsyuk and Zetterberg will have to try and do it then. I hope they are both up for the challenge. Datsyuk needs to work on his defensive game though and Hank...well he's washed up and should be traded for a 7th round pick. Franzen was a flash in the pan, he can't score anymore. Helm has lost a step and he's too old now. We need to blow it up!

Seriously I can play this game too but it is pointless. I'd rather be an optimistic fan than a pessimistic SKY IS FALLING one. The Wings are good. This just in. Are the Wings trading Abdelkader? For who? I though Babcock and Holland said that he would be on the team this year. I guess they were both lying. Since he isn't signed yet, I better go play in traffic and hope to get run over by a bus.

Edited by Hatethedrake!

Yes we are good enough to win the cup. Will we?

No.

We cannot overcome the amount of calls against us. Even though we are near the bottom in penalties taken in the regular season, we are always at the top of PIMs in the playoffs. They also seem to adjust what they call just to spite us. I hate to say its fixed, alot of it just happens to be that what they dont call last year to help us, they call it this year and we are busy doing it because we got bit last year. Plus Bertuzzi gets called nearly every time his hand leaves his stick, whether or not it is deserved.

We have been good enough to win the cup every year since the lockout, and we will continue to be for at least one more year. There is very little we can do to add to our team, save for addition by subtraction.

At least we still have the classiest organization and the only fans that don't act like jackasses by doing stupid s***. Hopefully that will never change.

They're good enough if they stay healthy. Whether or not they will win it all remains to be seen.

I think the big problem last year was that they had to blow their load right after the Olympic Break just to make the playoffs. If most of the roster stays healthy this year then the offense should improve, and we should win a lot more of the close games that we lost in the middle of last season. That will give us the freedom to relax a bit in March and get ready for a run, instead of standing around in late February and realizing we need to win almost every game for the next five weeks.

we are good enough. Only one thing away. It is either:

1. Good punishing 4th liner, e.g. Nystrom (unlikely)

2. Hudler being on par with Zetter and Dats (could happen)

3. Bart returning to his punishing style (very unlikely)

4. Both Zetter and Dats having good (not best) season (likely to happen)

in all I would say we have better chance than any team in the NHL. Like 10%.

I'm so sick of people saying we have the same team as we had last year. Last year was an enigma in terms of injuries, and even when players came back they were not in top form. I believe we have one of the best rosters in the league.

For those of you who forgot, this was our ACTUAL STARTING LINEUP at one point in the season:

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.php/topic/62193-1219-gdt-red-wings-3-at-dallas-stars-4/

Bertuzzi-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Leino-Abdelkader-Eaves

Draper-Helm-Miller

May-Newbury-Maltby

Lidstrom-Meech

Janik-Rafalski

Lebda-Stuart

We are NOT going to be the same team as last year.

He isn't? I guess Datsyuk and Zetterberg will have to try and do it then. I hope they are both up for the challenge. Datsyuk needs to work on his defensive game though and Hank...well he's washed up and should be traded for a 7th round pick. Franzen was a flash in the pan, he can't score anymore. Helm has lost a step and he's too old now. We need to blow it up!

Seriously I can play this game too but it is pointless. I'd rather be an optimistic fan than a pessimistic SKY IS FALLING one. The Wings are good. This just in. Are the Wings trading Abdelkader? For who? I though Babcock and Holland said that he would be on the team this year. I guess they were both lying. Since he isn't signed yet, I better go play in traffic and hope to get run over by a bus.

I did say we have a great team... so to say that "THE SKY IS FALLING" is not what I said or meant If you want to put your own words into a post ...go ahead.

I merely stated that I dont think Hudler is the missing link. Is that saying the sky is falling? Really????

I also am only stating what I THINK My OPINION... I see you dont agree.. thats fine, I am not gonna argue your right or I am right. But dont read half a post and be a idiot about it.

There was lots of confidence that Hudler would of been here last year when we went to arbitration and all that ..... Did he play here? NO. But we all thought it was a sure thing. Look up the threads and read them. I also didnt say we were trading anyone. I did also say that it is all but certain that Abdelkader would have a contract.(you do realize that as of July 1st he is a RFA right?) I made no comments about Franzen, Datsyuk or Zetterberg. those are on you.

But your right if you wanna play in traffic Don't let me stop you!

This is what I mean,

The Blackhawks aren't done dealing and are believed shopping winger Kris Versteeg...The Lightning might also be in the mix for Evgeni Nabokov's negotiating rights...the Ducks aren't sure what to do about Bobby Ryan...

Bobby Ryan a RFA Offer Hudler and a Pick and give him a long term deal worth 3.5 to 4 a year. Its only 2 more than Hudler's hit against the Cap.... Am I crazy?

We can't trade Hudler. It was one of the stipulations of his arbitration

I'm so sick of people saying we have the same team as we had last year. Last year was an enigma in terms of injuries, and even when players came back they were not in top form. I believe we have one of the best rosters in the league.

For those of you who forgot, this was our ACTUAL STARTING LINEUP at one point in the season:

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.php/topic/62193-1219-gdt-red-wings-3-at-dallas-stars-4/

Bertuzzi-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Leino-Abdelkader-Eaves

Draper-Helm-Miller

May-Newbury-Maltby

Lidstrom-Meech

Janik-Rafalski

Lebda-Stuart

We are NOT going to be the same team as last year.

That wasn't our playoff lineup.

This is what I mean,

Well, we are not the same team as last year, we got Hurled...er Hudler now! :ninja:

Speaking of Hurled, I guess the folks that gave you negs think that Hurled is better than Bobby Ryan, :hysterical: If we could somehow get Ryan here for Hurled, we'd be on the fast track for sure to the Cup! I don't get why so many people here think Hurled is the answer, he is not the missing piece, he may help a little, but if you're asking if the Wings would rather have Ryan or Hurled and a 1st, I think we ALL know what that answer would be, Bobby Ryan, hands down...

We can't trade Hudler. It was one of the stipulations of his arbitration

Hmm Explain please. would that not be a NTC? I dont know how accurate CapGeek.com is but they do not show one with him. (Again That does not mean I know for sure how arbitration works)

Guest GordieSid&Ted

There have been so many threads about trying to sign one player or trading for another. Do you guys think we are not good enough to win the cup or something? Personally I think we are loaded and ready to make a run...that's just me though.

I'm not sure. I'm obviously hopeful and optimistic. But cautiously on both accounts. I still think we're too small and not physical enough when it comes to crunch time. Of course we did add happy Hudler so that instantly makes us bigger and tougher.