• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Lilja May Test Market

Rate this topic

I don't like this at all. I wish he'd stay and act as a kind of mentor to Ericsson. He might not help offensively, but he's a solid stay at home defenseman and a heck of a lot more defensively responsible than Stuart. Not cool. :(

Lilja is not even anywhere close to Stuart defensively.

I like Lilja, but I sure as hell wouldn't want him playing 20-25 minutes per game like Stuart does.

Lilja is not even anywhere close to Stuart defensively.

I like Lilja, but I sure as hell wouldn't want him playing 20-25 minutes per game like Stuart does.

Too many times I've seen Stuart make crippling turnovers(Game 7 SCF)and when he tries to get into the play he gets caught in it and can't make it back to the point to defend. Lilja stays at home and plays his role. Although, I'm not sure I'd want his ice time that high either.

Do you mean in general? He's pretty much the same height as Lilja so it shouldn't be a drastic difference in that department.

I've noticed McKee's stick much more then Lilja. McKee has really good active stick around the net and corners.

Obviously, he learned that from playing with the greatest player on Earth last year :ph34r:

It was certainly a factor, but he was decent before he got the privilege to learn from the best player in history. :ph34r:

This is good news actually. I mean don't get me wrong, Lilja is better than Lebda and Meech. But that's really not saying much. As we all know Lilja is extremely slow. His passing ability is lacking, he obviously has no shot at the point. Not that he's that type of d-man or anything, but still, the fact remains that we could fill his spot with a defenseman that brings alot more to the table than Lilja does. He doesn't even use the one thing he has going for him, which is his size. So for me, I'm glad he's testing the market. The only problem is, I don't see any team out there giving him any sort of pay raise. Personally, I just want him out of Detroit. Along with Lebda and Meech of course.

I like the idea of adding McKee to replace Lilja. He's a good physical shot-blocker and a strong PKer. I remember watching him during Buffalo's playoff run back in 06, and he was fantastic as a shutdown guy.

This is good news actually. I mean don't get me wrong, Lilja is better than Lebda and Meech. But that's really not saying much. As we all know Lilja is extremely slow. His passing ability is lacking, he obviously has no shot at the point. Not that he's that type of d-man or anything, but still, the fact remains that we could fill his spot with a defenseman that brings alot more to the table than Lilja does. He doesn't even use the one thing he has going for him, which is his size. So for me, I'm glad he's testing the market. The only problem is, I don't see any team out there giving him any sort of pay raise. Personally, I just want him out of Detroit. Along with Lebda and Meech of course.

While I would've agreed with ya 100% 3 plus years ago (2006 Cup playoffs anyone?) - these past 3 seasons Lilja has played very well for a 5th/6th Dman...He uses his size effectively, usually makes the safe plays, and overall is our best shot blocker, and crease clearer while on the pk...By all means he's replaceable (I've mentioned a few names already) it's just that he's familiar with our system, and there's no learning curve that we might find with a new guy on the blueline.

Lilja really had a good season this year. He seems to have gotten over the brain-lapses in his play. He'll be a really solid shot blocking defenseman for a struggling team, or a good 6th on a good team.