• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 01:21 PM

This is obviously NOT what is wrong with the world, because there are things that actually matter that make this world f***ed up, but it's s***ty. Minor, but s***ty nonetheless. The parents are obviously as dumb as they come, but this is non-news.

What's wrong with the world?
Genocide, starvation, pedophilia, rampant profiteering, crime, incest, the legacy of colonialism, global warming, aids, warmongering, cancer etc.

Or s***ty hockeyparents?
I'm kind of on the fence with this one.

BS. This is something that is fudged up with the world. What this teaches is that you can be bad at something and without putting more effort, time, passion, dedication into something you can still get what you want (or profit another way) just by bitching and taking the easy way. If people bitched all the time there would be no point of any type of training one endures for years, which can produce some of the great minds to conquer such issues you listed.

Edited by dragonballgtz, 03 July 2010 - 07:53 PM.

#42 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,601 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 08:19 PM

It's been days and I STILL lol after looking at the OP in the thread.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#43 softshoes

softshoes

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 09:01 PM

Well, just remember some dumb ***** won Millions from Mickey D's because she was stupid enough to set a hot paper cup of coffee between her legs while driving and for f***s sake it spilled on her crouch. Hopefully the Canadian legal system isn't as f***ed up as the U S courts and they throw this s*** in the crapper where it belongs. The courts need to start charging court cost to s***head Lawyers that file these frivolous lawsuits.

They lost because the coffee was scalding hot, a notch or two above regular hot. McD's coffee caused 3rd degree burns, that's what won the suit for the woman.

Never the less your point is taken. To many frivolous lawsuits.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f***in beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then you got more punishment in store.Stand it like a man, and give some back."

- Al Swearengen

#44 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,601 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 09:59 PM

People sue for anything these days, it's how trial lawyers make their living. Threatening to sue anyone and anything that so much as looks at them the wrong way.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#45 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:10 PM

People sue for anything these days, it's how trial lawyers make their living. Threatening to sue anyone and anything that so much as looks at them the wrong way.

Take that back, or I'll sue.
*this space for rent*

#46 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,877 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:19 PM

My aunt's name is Sue. I'm claiming royalty rights on her behalf for all profits you make from this post.

#47 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:23 PM

My aunt's name is Sue. I'm claiming royalty rights on her behalf for all profits you make from this post.

Sorry, offer void in North Dakota. :)
*this space for rent*

#48 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:56 PM

These parents are numbskulls. I played sports when I was in school, so did my sister, so did my parents. I got cut from my high school volleyball team because my overhand serve wasn't as strong as my underhand. Did I call my parents crying about it? No. Did they sue the school for cutting me from the team? No. Life sucks, wear a helmet. These parents who mollycoddle their kids and treat them like precious widdle snowflakes who never do anything wrong and are always right are pains in the ass. These are the same kids who will then grow up to be the idiots in line in front of you at the Starbucks who don't know the difference between an iced drink and a blended drink. And then wait until they're at the counter to ask the barista what the difference is about 100 times.

Edited by Electrophile, 03 July 2010 - 10:58 PM.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#49 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:28 AM

Haha wow, parents these days..
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#50 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:38 AM

There is never a dull moment regarding news involving the GTHL.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#51 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,601 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:20 PM

I've heard of parents questioning coaches and team management, but this is a first for me.

#52 Joseph Franks

Joseph Franks

Rookie

• Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:58 AM

I think Mr Carlin about sums this up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rIPe5akN48&feature=related

Second half of the video, but it's George Carlin, so obviously it's all funny as hell :)

I'm counter-suing for the emotional distress you causing him, has caused me.

#53 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:34 AM

I'd like to know what attorney actually TOOK this case. It should never have gotten even close to getting to court.

It's merely to get attention. The most familiar analogy I can think of is Jack Thompson. They may be arguing the case with the worst logic ever and get beat down in court but there's always a group of idiots who will pick up on the message being sent, which was made possible by being widely reported on. It's basically a lawyer's equivalent to whoring one's self out on the strip in Vegas and scoring a rich husband or ten.

#54 NC WINGS FAN

NC WINGS FAN

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:17 PM

COMMUNISTS!!!! :ranting:

I think I am going to sue all of the girls who ever rejected me.

What about the ones who led me on but didn't put out? Is that not the same as false advertising? :cool:

#55 Chelichic

Chelichic

4th Line Grinder

• Gold Booster
  • 300 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:35 PM

Wow, these parents are crazy and need to stop trying to live through their kids.

#56 NC WINGS FAN

NC WINGS FAN

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:19 PM

BS. This is something that is fudged up with the world. What this teaches is that you can be bad at something and without putting more effort, time, passion, dedication into something you can still get what you want (or profit another way) just by bitching and taking the easy way. If people bitched all the time there would be no point of any type of training one endures for years, which can produce some of the great minds to conquer such issues you listed.

Amen to that!! In his statement, it appears that poster is not seeing the big picture. The actions by these parents are, in a sense, a reflection of the times we are currently living in, one of entitlement. The parents may mean well, but are doing their children no favors by acting so immaturely.

With their logic, everyone of us should have a spot on the Redwings' roster.

#57 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:34 AM

Anyone think this thread should be merged with the one about the Coyotes being bankrupt and Jim Balsillie not getting his way?
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#58 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:55 AM

Thank goodness for lawyers; from Toronto Star :

Two sets of parents who sued the Greater Toronto Hockey League, one of its clubs and four team officials for $25,000 each when their sons were cut during spring tryouts have reached a settlement.

Sadly, those children may be scarred for life. But, their parents sharing the "bonanza" with them might help to ease their pain.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#59 DEVILSWATERBOY

DEVILSWATERBOY

DEVILSWATERBOY

• PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:47 AM

Wow you have to f----n kidding me, it is a shame that parents like this will not let their kids failure be a learning experiance for his lifes journey, this is how it all starts just like Little League baseball, were all kids make a team no matter how good or bad they are. My daughter played hockey for 14 years and got cut one time, it made her upset but she decided to work harder and practice harder and in doing that she went back and tried out for the same team and made that team the next season, and for 7 years was of the top 10 defensive girls in her age bracket in Michigan > 1999-2006.

#60 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,877 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:53 AM

I hope the "settlement" is something along the lines of "The boys' coaches next year agree to be more caring and involved, and to provide positive, esteem-enhancing feedback. In return, the boys will enroll in figure skating and will not steal the girls' costumes for their own use, even if the panties are prettier."