• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Forsberg eyeing another NHL comeback?

Rate this topic

Jerkwater is located in the US. And you'll never be able to convince a lot of us that while Forsberg was an immense talent, he was a diver. I wouldn't call him little, as he;s bigger than me, and I wouldn't call him a ***** or a ***** because he could whup my ass… but he did play one on TV.

I'm pretty sure anyone (including you) could take Forsberg.

Erhm he lost an edge ?

Did you have your Erhm speakers off? He was never touched, and this trend followed Forsberg throughout his career.

I'm pretty sure anyone (including you) could take Forsberg.

Yeah, I doubt it. Of course, I don't play an internet tough guy, so you'll have to trust me that this 33 year old can beat up Peter Forsberg.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Yeah, it looks more like he took a shotgun blast.

Here's a dive for you.

He lost an edge skating, and still stayed with the puck... he didn't act as if the other guy hit him, nor did he try to embellish it.

This is a Dive.

He lost an edge skating, and still stayed with the puck... he didn't act as if the other guy hit him, nor did he try to embellish it.

It's funny how often he dove and managed to keep control of the puck, in case nothing was called. Granted, you are correct that he didn't embellish this one much… if you want to ignore the fact he was never touched.

Edited by thedisappearer

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

It's funny how often he dove and managed to keep control of the puck, in case nothing was called. Granted, you are correct that he didn't embellish this one much… if you want to ignore the fact he was never touched.

You've never played hockey, have you?

The call was made because the ref was an idiot, not because Forsberg embellished anything. He just fell down, and got lucky that the ref made a wrong call.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

So this deteriorates into character assassination. Great. Well I'm outta this thread.

You said you were good with him because he was from Sweden, but if you're actually that extremely sensitive about it, I'd avoid all Av related threads. I'm just saying...

Did you have your Erhm speakers off? He was never touched, and this trend followed Forsberg throughout his career.

Yeah, I doubt it. Of course, I don't play an internet tough guy, so you'll have to trust me that this 33 year old can beat up Peter Forsberg.

Internet tough guy? :lol:

I haven't personally attacked anyone here since like 2008. Forsberg couldn't even beat up Larionov back in 97.

Edited by GMRwings1983

I wouldn't call him a diver at all but he certainly was a *****. I could always respect the guy until he cross checked Samuelsson in the teeth... that was the last straw. Anyway, all that crap aside I feel sorry for the team that gambles on him. He's worn out... so much that I couldn't believe he was under 40 until I looked it up.

You said you were good with him because he was from Sweden, but if you're actually that extremely sensitive about it, I'd avoid all Av related threads. I'm just saying...

Tbh if I was that sensitive I should really avoid all LGW threads :D. In any case these particular threads, Forsberg or any Avs', tend to come down to the same arguments every time. And the Forsberg thing especially is just boring now. Don't know why I always jump into these pools of mud but I guess it's just irresistible. :ph34r:

Tbh if I was that sensitive I should really avoid all LGW threads :D

OK, Cool. Your initial reaction was pretty extreme

In any case these particular threads, Forsberg or any Avs', tend to come down to the same arguments every time. And the Forsberg thing especially is just boring now. Don't know why I always jump into these pools of mud but I guess it's just irresistible. :ph34r:

You may like Forsburg and if you actually live in Sweden maybe you weren't fully aware of how bitter the Avs rivalry was. They were a classless, dirty team and Forsberg was their leader. And while he may not have been dirty or technically dived, the guy sure pushed the limit of a constant inability to stay on his feet prima donna. If you don't like hearing that even if your first response was an overstatement rather then an overreaction, you're not going to like Av threads. It's a hockey forum, they are bitter rivals. You can tell us you don't feel that way, but don't tell us we can't. Just my view.

Are people seriously trying to say Forsberg didn't dive?

Man how this place has changed. There's a reason we called him Floppa. Granted because he was strong as a bull and it was the clutch and grab era, he often had two players water-skiing off the back of him.

Great player. It's a shame he's had all these foot problems bringing the premature end to his career.

Minus the nutshot, I don't think he was particularly dirty (Fedorov, Fischer and a handful of other Wings have rearranged guys faces with a crosscheck). Just hated because he was on the Avs.

But he absolutely dove.

I really dont get all the hate for Forsberg. I think playing for the Avs is the only excuse i can come up with why i should dislike him. Sure he might of embellished a few plays but Franzen has done that before to.

Gosh, a Red Wing message board taking shots at the leader of our hated rivals, it's just "hate" and completely uncalled for. When you saw "Let's Go Wings," you thought this was a book club? Or intellectual discussion of the theory of hockey with current practitioners of the art to demonstrate the various nuances of the discussion? To actually support a team and take shots at our rivals? Absurd. Where does that come from? <_<

Gosh, a Red Wing message board taking shots at the leader of our hated rivals, it's just "hate" and completely uncalled for. When you saw "Let's Go Wings," you thought this was a book club? Or intellectual discussion of the theory of hockey with current practitioners of the art to demonstrate the various nuances of the discussion? To actually support a team and take shots at our rivals? Absurd. Where does that come from? <_<

whoosh.gif

Edited by Original-Six

The Brett Favre of the NHL! :P

But did Forsberg ever really announce a retirement? I don't remember such an announcement. All I remember is hearing about him trying to play every year and having difficulty in doing so.

On a related note, I was reading Forsberg's wiki page and there is a comment in there about him leading the league in ppg during the 2008 season. He played only 9 games...I mean, really, do you have to say he lead the league in ppg? That like someone scoring 3 pts in the first game of the season and saying he is on pace to shatter Gretzky's single season point record.

whoosh.gif

OK, let's make it simpler. When you go to a Red Wing message board and read pretty typical banter bashing the leader of our bitter rivals, and I'll say this part slow so you can follow, my question to you is:

What...were...you...expecting...to...see...on....a...hockey...message...board? Everything said about Forsburg was pretty tame frankly for a junior high school locker room. Nothing about his being personally detestable, no threats or death wishes. Yet you decided it was "hate" speech. I mean seriously, what's up with that? You can't be serious

OK, let's make it simpler. When you go to a Red Wing message board and read pretty typical banter bashing the leader of our bitter rivals, and I'll say this part slow so you can follow, my question to you is:

What...were...you...expecting...to...see...on....a...hockey...message...board? Everything said about Forsburg was pretty tame frankly for a junior high school locker room. Nothing about his being personally detestable, no threats or death wishes. Yet you decided it was "hate" speech. I mean seriously, what's up with that? You can't be serious

like i said

whoosh.gif