• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest mindfly

Raffi Torres signs with Vancouver

Rate this topic

Just like the sharks, until they prove they can win in the playoffs, their regular season performance doesn't mean anything. But I think the 1-3 seeds in the west will be decided in the last 4 weeks of the season... there will be no team running away with it in February.

Guest Stolberg

Raffi was a good energy guy that could score when playing with the Jackets. He was a huge stink bomb for the Sabres though.

Confirmed that Mitchell has signed with the Kings - 7 mil - 2 years. Canucks will likely hang on to Bieksa.

Ehrhoff-Edler

Hamhuis-Ballard

Bieksa-O'Brien(Salo)

Very solid D-core top to bottom.

Stanley Cup, 2011?

Looking forward to seeing how Drew Doughty does next year.

Stanley Cup, 2011?

Looking forward to seeing how Drew Doughty does next year.

You said it not me. No parties planned in my house.

However, I am optimistic. Mike Gillis has made Vancouver a place where players want to stay or want to come to play. He's changed the culture of the Canucks from the top down and I honestly don't think we'd be looking at the new season with as high hopes as we are if he had not come to the team two years ago. It's true that it's the players who win the games, but Gillis has followed through on his promises and created a pretty good team. Now it's up to Coach Vig and the players to do the rest.

Edited by Chairman Maouth

Vancouver reminds me of the Redwings in the mid 90's right now when it comes to playoffs. Can't pull it together but if they do then watch out.

Sami Salo can't be traded as he has a NTC, Bieksa is the one that is most likely to be moved due to his cap hit of 3.75 mill although with the long term injury of Salo and Burrows being out for a month or so that will help them with some cap space. I still think he is gone though.

I'm a tad surprised on Alberts due to all his blunders last playoffs. I guess he is a big body and they are hoping he improves.

I'm far from being a cap expert, but they could move SOB, park Alberts and Hordichuk in Manitoba, hang on to Bieksa until Salo returns, then trade one of them. I think there are all sorts of options available still. Gillis will do the right thing.

I think Bolduc sits in Manitoba and Bieksa is traded. I think, if they can find a taker, that Darcy Hordichuk will eventually be traded. Not a cap expert, though.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Raymond-Kesler-Samuelsson

Hodgson-Malholtra-Torres

Hansen-Rypien-Oreskovich/Bolduc/Glass

this forward lines looks good, no doubts. However, there are a lot of questions. Burrows had a career year. Samuelsson too. Kesler is more like 3rd line center as he clearly lacks creativity. Torres is a big question mark. I would prefer Abby-Helm-Eaves instead of Hansen-Rypien-?. I would say it looks like classic Vancouver roster. Something is missing. They'll find a way to lose.

Another player many people here wanted, who wound up signing for a lot cheaper than expected.

Pretty sure nobody here said that... unless that was because they LIKED that he broke Jason Williams.

Guest PatKaneInHumane

this forward lines looks good, no doubts. However, there are a lot of questions. Burrows had a career year. Samuelsson too. Kesler is more like 3rd line center as he clearly lacks creativity. Torres is a big question mark. I would prefer Abby-Helm-Eaves instead of Hansen-Rypien-?. I would say it looks like classic Vancouver roster. Something is missing. They'll find a way to lose.

If Kesler is a third line player in this league, Filppula is a 4th liner/fringe NHL Player. Give the guy his due.

Edited by PatKaneInHumane

Torres is overrated in my book. He put up good enough numbers last year but I really wouldnt care to have him on my team. I think ppl overrate what he brings to a team. Plus, I don't really feel like he fits all that great into Vancouver's team. If they are in fact going to go with a 3rd line of Hodgson - Malholtra - Torres I think that's wasting Hodgson. But maybe Im being biased because I think it was dumb to bring in Malholtra and bump Hodgson over anyways depiste how good on the draw Malholtra may be.

But for Vancouver, at $1M it's not a big risk so it's nto a bad signing I guess

Pretty sure nobody here said that... unless that was because they LIKED that he broke Jason Williams.

No, his name was mentioned by several posters in one of those "who do I want on the team" type threads.

I know many such names were thrown around, but he was in there a lot.

I prefer Vigneault cracking up at a reporter's suggestion that the always subdued Kyle Wellwood played like a "man possessed".

Vigneault also lost it last playoffs when discussing Semi Solo's nut injury but I can't find the video. It was hilarious.