• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,513 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:22 AM

Hope Ericsson is ready for the rough stuff this weekend (that is if he's playing).

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#42 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:46 AM

so if 20 games into the season Big E is a +5 and has 8pts or more do we all start retracking here or what?
heres what we should do, we have some good prospects coming thru on the D who have some size. How about we convert
Ericsson back to a forward and have Hommer teach him that front net pest job #96 does so well. Just think, Thomas
has maybe just this year left, what better way to use E's size for when Hommer hangs them up. Just a thought guys.
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#43 CrossCheck24

CrossCheck24

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:49 AM

As much as i like Ericsson, I think he may need a confidence boost from playing in gr for a while. Re-find his game.

What if he moved back to forward? His time on d will have made him a better defensive forward and he could fix the tough guy problem. I would bet he would be all for crushing d men on the forecheck.
Captain Murphy: Way to go Sparks, you broke the monitor and you're dead. Happy?

#44 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:59 AM

I'm not giving up Ericsson, and he won't be my "whipping boy" if he isn't the result to the negative play. In last night's game, people were blaming Ericsson on plays when he wasn't even on the ice. That's how much people unjustly hate the guy... and it's pretty sad, really.

#45 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:40 PM

um... no.

100% wrong.

He was already waived and has concussion issues right now, he is destined for GR or another team, no ifs, ands, or buts about it...

If Ericsson does not earn that spot, it is Kindl's. period.

I agree- Meech is a utility guy..He cleared waivers- Kindl wouldn't. Kindl is a better D man and althoght Meech is useful because you can slot him in anywhere, Kindl is better on the blueline
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#46 cmonster

cmonster

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 01:44 PM

The upside of all this is that there is an argument about the #6 defenseman. Most teams would love to have that as their only problem. I am not worried, let Chelios coach him up. If he fails we plug in Kindl, see what he can do, if he fails, we plug in Janik. If those two fail we trade Ericcson to Toronto and get Lebda back. (j/k on the Lebda part)

#47 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 01:50 PM

um... no.

100% wrong.

He was already waived and has concussion issues right now, he is destined for GR or another team, no ifs, ands, or buts about it...

If Ericsson does not earn that spot, it is Kindl's. period.

I disagree with the bolded. I'd bet the house that Ericsson and Kindl get rotated throughout the season. The opener may start with Kindl, but Babcock will rotate them throughout the season unless one of them unpredictably becomes absolutely amazing, which I 100% doubt.

#48 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 02:05 PM

so if 20 games into the season Big E is a +5 and has 8pts or more do we all start retracking here or what?
heres what we should do, we have some good prospects coming thru on the D who have some size. How about we convert
Ericsson back to a forward and have Hommer teach him that front net pest job #96 does so well. Just think, Thomas
has maybe just this year left
, what better way to use E's size for when Hommer hangs them up. Just a thought guys.

Lets hope this isn't true, as we signed him to a 2 year contract through the 2011-2012 season.
Posted Image

#49 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 02:22 PM

I disagree with the bolded. I'd bet the house that Ericsson and Kindl get rotated throughout the season. The opener may start with Kindl, but Babcock will rotate them throughout the season unless one of them unpredictably becomes absolutely amazing, which I 100% doubt.

and if they're rotated, it's because the other hasn't won the spot either... the point I was making, is it's one or the other night in and out. period.

The upside of all this is that there is an argument about the #6 defenseman. Most teams would love to have that as their only problem. I am not worried, let Chelios coach him up. If he fails we plug in Kindl, see what he can do, if he fails, we plug in Janik. If those two fail we trade Ericcson to Toronto and get Lebda back. (j/k on the Lebda part)

:thumbup:

minus the Lebda part... some things shouldn't even be joked about!

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#50 scottj

scottj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:49 PM

Ericsson better not act a fool and f*** up too many times opening day... <_<

#51 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 01:00 AM

So I'm guessing Ericsson will play in the next Toronto game? Right?

I feel like we should establish some fair expectations now. We've seen Kindl play and we're antsy to say "Kindl should have Ericsson's spot."

What can we expect from Jonny that's fair?

#52 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 01:28 AM

So I'm guessing Ericsson will play in the next Toronto game? Right?

I feel like we should establish some fair expectations now. We've seen Kindl play and we're antsy to say "Kindl should have Ericsson's spot."

What can we expect from Jonny that's fair?

Ericsson will play with the Griffins against (probably) Toronto's top players and goaltending. Wouldn't be fair to expect Ericsson to have as good of a game as Kindl did yesterday.