• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Lonewuhf

Top line

Rate this topic

Anyone else disappointed in our "top line" so far this year? We're four games in and together they have 5 points. That's barely 1 point per game for the entire line. The second line has 13 points and so far is the only line keeping putting up any real points. It seems like Zetterberg and Datsyuk are continuing their mediocre point production from last year.

ya, z and dats need more ice time i think. with the 3 lines going, its less time for our top line so far i have noticed. they just need more time out there to get the spark going. also its nice when rafi is playing cause he usually plays on the back end, now they get lids and stuart as their top dpair and it gets exponentially worse from there with janik and kindl.

Guest Four

Zetterberg and Datsyuk have looked pretty bad this year so far. Homer has nothing to do with the turnovers and poor defensive coverage that these two have been committing. They just aren't playing with the passion that they had a couple years ago.

Datsyuk has actually looked good imho. He can't do everything, he needs support from his wingers and he ain't getting s***.

Guest mjtm77

Holmstrom.

5 on 5, he's useless out there.

and we have him for what another two years?

Datsyuk has actually looked good imho. He can't do everything, he needs support from his wingers and he ain't getting s***.

I've been thinking the exact opposite. Datsyuk has had a lot of uncharacteristic giveaways so far and hasn't really had that magic yet that we're used to. That line as a whole isn't meshing too well. I've seen Zetterberg and Datsyuk try to take on four guys at once way too many times already.

I think its too soon to blow the line up though. The potential that they have when they're all on the same wavelength is worth the potential losses it takes to get to that point, imo. I hope Babs makes them fight through for it a little longer before adjusting the lines.

im giving them a break for now, considering a lot of the other top players in the NHL aren't producing that much yet(crosby,gabby,parise, etc)

but yes i was saying all night where the f*** is our top line? theyre are top line for a reason get some chances at least

We're four games in

We're four games in

We're four games in

We're four games in

We're four games in

We're four games in

We're four games in

Have to agree with this. There is not a season that I remember where Datsyuk hasn't had a slow start.

Four games in they have not looked THAT bad, they just haven't really put the puck in the net. I've seen a lot of chances though and a lot of opportunities.

They aren't clicking nearly as much as they should be. Datsyuk has looked lost half the time in the games we lost. Zetterberg isn't shooting enough and Holmstrom isn't deflecting shots or screening effectively right now. Our 2nd and 4th lines are the only ones working right now.

I've been thinking the exact opposite. Datsyuk has had a lot of uncharacteristic giveaways so far and hasn't really had that magic yet that we're used to. That line as a whole isn't meshing too well. I've seen Zetterberg and Datsyuk try to take on four guys at once way too many times already.

I think its too soon to blow the line up though. The potential that they have when they're all on the same wavelength is worth the potential losses it takes to get to that point, imo. I hope Babs makes them fight through for it a little longer before adjusting the lines.

I wonder if it's just the re-acquaintance. Watching them so far they do seem to do things uncharacteristically, and it looks like they're trying to get used to each other, figure out what they can do and what can't they do.

Hopefully the goal Homer got will spark him a little bit. Not that he wasn't trying hard enough or anything. You just want to build on your performances and get better every game.

Homer was supposed to be past his prime 3 seasons ago and surprised everyone last year by becoming one of our leading scorers. The past couple of seasons I have always thought of Homer's production as a nice little bonus to whatever line he's playing on. To me, whether or not he pots a goal is irrelevant as long as the line he is on continues to produce.

The great thing about Homer is that he always occupies at least 1 defensemen (usually the #1 guy), sometimes 2, and the goalie. Doesn't matter if he gets tips or goals, his job is very clear and he does it very well. Take up space, screen the goalie, piss off the defense, draw penalties.

Homer was supposed to be past his prime 3 seasons ago and surprised everyone last year by becoming one of our leading scorers. The past couple of seasons I have always thought of Homer's production as a nice little bonus to whatever line he's playing on. To me, whether or not he pots a goal is irrelevant as long as the line he is on continues to produce.

The great thing about Homer is that he always occupies at least 1 defensemen (usually the #1 guy), sometimes 2, and the goalie. Doesn't matter if he gets tips or goals, his job is very clear and he does it very well. Take up space, screen the goalie, piss off the defense, draw penalties.

20101023223354_2010-1023-dg-wings0324.jpg