• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jacksonbrowne

Red Wings are going to be just fine

Rate this topic

:thumbup: This is my first post new to this forum, have been a Red Wings fan for many many years. The season just started not worried that the wings did not look sharp tonight, its a long season they will be just fine. Go Red Wings.

Smart first post :thumbup:

What?? You really think it's not time to panic? Did you watch the game? It was a very badly played game by the Wings. I'm not sure how much you know about hockey (I'm an expert) but teams very, very rarely recover from a bad game, especially not when that bad game happens this early in the season.

Hope you guys enjoy the rest of the season, personally I'm OUT.

What?? You really think it's not time to panic? Did you watch the game? It was a very badly played game by the Wings. I'm not sure how much you know about hockey (I'm an expert) but teams very, very rarely recover from a bad game, especially not when that bad game happens this early in the season.

looks like you are sarcastic... However, after watching last two games I'm not optimistic at all. I really feel bad for those people who bought tickets to watch that lack of effort in person. All the Red Wings players are proffesional athletes and they need to clearly understand who are they playing for. Obviously, they need additional push from our coaches to start playing with some kind of urgency. And this is a bad thing. Practially, it means they don't care. This is unproffessional to say the least. Especially, taking into account the level of talent they have... it is not like we're talking about TML.

firstthen.jpg

looks like you are sarcastic... However, after watching last two games I'm not optimistic at all. I really feel bad for those people who bought tickets to watch that lack of effort in person. All the Red Wings players are proffesional athletes and they need to clearly understand who are they playing for. Obviously, they need additional push from our coaches to start playing with some kind of urgency. And this is a bad thing. Practially, it means they don't care. This is unproffessional to say the least. Especially, taking into account the level of talent they have... it is not like we're talking about TML.

Even though I'm not panicking, I couldn't agree more with the bolded statement.

Seriously, the Wings got it handed to them against St. Louis at the NHL Premier last year. Hell of a way to start a season. Howard was iffy until around December. Half the team was injured. We still got a post season spot.

I'll take what we have going this season so far over last season's any day.

I'm not worried :thumbup:

Easy!

We looked awesome games 1 and 2. We looked tired and lazy for games 3 and 4. The guys are re adjusting to the HHL schedule after being off for three months. Nobody here does their best work the Monday and Tuesday you get back from vacation- it just doesnt happen....but soon enough, you are back in the swing of things and they wll be too.

Of course they are professionals and paid millions of dollars but a job is a job so let everyone get their s*** together before pushing the "OMG" button.

They are just as deep and just as dominant as we were all saying three weeks ago when we couldnt wait for the puck to drop!

:thumbup: This is my first post new to this forum, have been a Red Wings fan for many many years. The season just started not worried that the wings did not look sharp tonight, its a long season they will be just fine. Go Red Wings.

Comedian Lewis Black begs to differ. In his words, "WE'RE F**KED!!!! WE'RE F**KED!!!!"

Lewis_Black.jpg

Hehe, just yanking your chain. Right with you in agreement. Last night was a terrible game, but in an 80+ game season it's inevitable that you'll have a clunker game here and there, regardless of the team and how good or bad you might be.

Guest mindfly

And here we go again with the "we'll be fine it's only the x/xx-game of the season" exactly like last year... and it was pretty bad.

Edited by mindfly

And here we go again with the "we'll be fine it's only the x/xx-game of the season" exactly like last year... and it was pretty bad.

We'll be fine. This is only the 1st post like this of the year.

What the Wings didn't win 10 to nothing with no penalties? Everyone hit the panic button!

But seriously, it's only been four games, and they looked great in their first two. The Wings could have won their last 10 games in a row, lost their second, and people would start panicking already. They're going to have bad games. That doesn't mean they are a bad team, it means they are human. Wait until January to hit the panic button.

Excellent post! Great comedic timing.

Last time I checked they still made the playoffs, 19th year in a row.

We need to get a whole bunch of beers in your system and get you drunk and happy. You have got to loosen up.

Guest mindfly

Last time I checked they still made the playoffs, 19th year in a row.

We need to get a whole bunch of beers in your system and get you drunk and happy. You have got to loosen up.

It's not good enough to just make the playoffs or get past the 1st round, it's the final 4 or nothing.... yeah that's what red wings' is about.

Last weekend I had Liters of beer and it sure as hell didn't make me happy.... :zzz:

Edited by mindfly

This quote came to my mind after the game last night -

"You think you can win on talent alone? Gentlemen, you don't have enough talent to win on talent alone."

-Herb Brooks

the worst thing is that they have enough talent to be on par with that 2002 Red Wings team... What we see is just lack of effort.

PS Who did Brooks say these things to? US Olympic hockey team just before the final game in 1980? If so, then it was pretty obvious...

Edited by RusDRW

It's not good enough to just make the playoffs or get past the 1st round, it's the final 4 or nothing.... yeah that's what red wings' is about.

Last weekend I had Liters of beer and it sure as hell didn't make me happy.... :zzz:

Playoffs are almost always wide open year in and year out. They've won Cups and also gotten upset in the 1st round as well in recent memory.

You have to get to the playoffs first, and they still did that in spite of injuries and the bad start.

We're going to get beer, striaght Vodka, and a personal stripper for you then. You're never happy on here, and you need to be happy in life.

The team is going to have a couple games every year that they stink. It happens. It's the NHL... every team has talent and it is impossible to play with 100% effort and efficiency every game. Don't you occasionally have bad days at work? You get less work done than usual? That doesn't make you unprofessional.

There were times during the first half of last season that I was quite worried. But I'm not at all worried about this season. Let's see where they are after 15 games, when we have a good sample of comparison.

the worst thing is that they have enough talent to be on par with that 2002 Red Wings team... What we see is just lack of effort.

PS Who did Brooks say these things to? US Olympic hockey team just before the final game in 1980? If so, then it was pretty obvious...

The answer to your question is yes. I don't know if that's an actual quote or just from the movie Miracle, though.

I'm happy with the team we have now, but I imagine your comparison to the 2002 team is hyperbole. That may have been, for all intents and purposes, the best hockey team ever assembled. The 2010 Red Wings are nothing like the 2002 Wings.

Guest Shoreline

The last 19 seasons, 9 times made the "final four", 6 cup appearances, 4 cups, 10 times didn't make it to "the final 4" -- 53% chance the Wings don't make it to the conference finals/final 4.

Nobody should take the advice of a pampered negative nancy (riding the coat tails of this team's success) who just became a Wings fan (and shows quick signs of jumping off the bandwagon at the slightest bit of adversity) a couple seasons ago concerning what the Red Wings are all about. Wings can't be like Game 1 and Game 2 for the other 80 games. Pop a Xanax in your beer, calm down, and try enjoying games instead of being fault finding.