121 replies to this topic

#81 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 744 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 04:17 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ac-6998878

Ummmmmm... Is there one single true claim in this entire piece of garbage article?

"The Detroit Red Wings are the New York Yankees of the NHL" We buy our championships, really? Not only has there been a salary cap for the past five years but even when there wasnt, our core was home grown. Steve Yzerman, Sergei Fedorov, Nick Lidstrom, Chris Osgood, Vladimir Konstantinov, Slava Kozlov, etc.

"The Detroit Red Wings are arrogant" Who???? LMAO! Steve Yzerman? Brendan Shanahan? Nick Lidstrom? Chris Osgood? Henrik Zetterberg? Pavel Datsyuk? Val Filppula? Brian Rafalski? Jimmy Howard? These are some of the most humble guys in the entire league.

"The Red Wings fans are some of the least knowledgeable, obnoxious, arrogant group of wannabe hockey fans I've ever had the displeasure of meeting." Ummm.... I dont even know how to respond to this one.

I can honestly say, after only watching hockey for about 5 or 6 years, I know that I've learnt so much more from the Red Wings and it's fans, than I could ever have from supporting any other team. Just their core values of drafting and developing, and their use of the basics. It's no coincidence that Lidstrom (for me) is the best defenceman of the last decade (there is the case for all time but I can't claim to have seen him in the 90s etc), and yet there is no one better than him at the basics of defensive play.

Really naive comment to say that there is a lack of knowledge surrounding this organisation.

Posted Image

Check out my blog -The Heid-Out- a cynical mans take on everyday life

#82 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 04:41 PM

I'm sure there's some well thought out counter-points to this "article" and already there maybe some responses similar to this one:

Shut the f*** up, you uninformed, obviously jealous fan of some lackluster bottom feeding team, and overall hack of a "writer". Try again in a couple years when you've assessed the league and individual franchises as they currently stand, as well as the histories of those franchises both pre- and post-cap, and what that means to success, mediocrity, and failure in the NHL. In the meantime... choke on a bag of dicks.
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#83 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,915 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 04:45 PM

I disagree, but it's not worth it.

esteef

Good, because I am well read in the business of sports, past and present. :hehe:
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#84 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,216 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:10 PM

I'm sure there's some well thought out counter-points to this "article" and already there maybe some responses similar to this one:

Shut the f*** up, you uninformed, obviously jealous fan of some lackluster bottom feeding team, and overall hack of a "writer". Try again in a couple years when you've assessed the league and individual franchises as they currently stand, as well as the histories of those franchises both pre- and post-cap, and what that means to success, mediocrity, and failure in the NHL. In the meantime... choke on a bag of dicks.

Yeah that's the thing. There ARE plenty of arguments one could make as to why its easy to dislike the Wings, and I have even read several articles that talk about this in an educated manner. Its just the way she writes, gets all of her facts wrong, outright lies, and simply showcases jealous bitterness rather than a healthy rivalry.
Posted Image

#85 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:38 PM

I haven't read this so-called "article" and I have no intention of doing so.
Why do you let people rile you up this way? Anyone with a modicum of hockey knowledge is just sitting back and laughing at her.
What these type of articles are really good for is entertainment, especially the comments left by other "fans" who are equally woefully ignorant. Relax and enjoy it, along with the fact that many others are modeling their organizations after the Wings, not the Stars.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#86 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,216 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:40 PM

I haven't read this so-called "article" and I have no intention of doing so.
Why do you let people rile you up this way? Anyone with a modicum of hockey knowledge is just sitting back and laughing at her.
What these type of articles are really good for is entertainment, especially the comments left by other "fans" who are equally woefully ignorant. Relax and enjoy it, along with the fact that many others are modeling their organizations after the Wings, not the Stars.

You can't start off by saying you haven't even read the article, and then call us out for getting riled up over it.

I GAURENTEE you, if you DID read the article (don't though), you would be just as riled as we are.
Posted Image

#87 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:47 PM

This thread is still going? wow... talk about some jealous fans.

How dare you make false claims and post them on the yahoo website!

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#88 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,216 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:58 PM

How does that make us jealous? Bitter maybe, but jealous? Do you even know what that word means?
Posted Image

#89 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:01 PM

rabble rabble rabble

#90 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,891 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:15 PM

To those who don't understand why we care and why we're discussing it:
This is funny stuff. You can't fake this sort of stupidity.

#91 teebo

teebo

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:21 PM

better than being some tard jealous of passionate fans

#92 SetecX

SetecX

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:32 PM

This gem from Kenny Powers is adequate response. Click

#93 Joseph Franks

Joseph Franks

Rookie

• Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:02 PM

Lol best part of that article, is all of the articles underneath it.

Supposedly by her profile she is a food and travel blogger, who is a retired cop.

She also changed her "email" to say "Redwings fans need to learn to take a joke". I'm sure she changed it because she probably got FLOODED by hundreds of hate mails, lol.

Good read. Made my night.

If I was a Dallas fan the last several years, hate is what would have gotten me through too, cause god knows winning hasn't worked out for the team.

#94 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,608 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:30 AM

Redwings fans need to learn to take a joke

Right, her entire article was satire. :rolleyes:

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#95 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 02:57 PM

It didn't piss me off. It made me laugh. Nobody cares what Wings fans think, even when we think we're right. Why should we give a fuzzy rat's ass what anyone else thinks or says?
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#96 ReliEnt

ReliEnt

Draftee

• 2 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:57 AM

She is some freelance writer with too much time on her hands. In her profile it says she likes getting pushing your buttons which she obviously did. As wings fans we should be proud that our accomplishments pisses people off that bad. If she was a paid journalist than yes I would have a problem with it but its just an opinionated article. If I were to write one about the ducks I bet they would be PISSED.

Edited by ReliEnt, 25 October 2010 - 09:57 AM.

#97 Wings3:16

Wings3:16

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:36 AM

Jeez, reading that article you would think Teemu Selanne wrote it...
Wings in 2013...Bring the Cup back to Hockeytown!

#98 Wingsfan72

Wingsfan72

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:19 AM

She grew up in California, what do you expect?

Edited by Wingsfan72, 25 October 2010 - 11:20 AM.

If I die tell my wife I said, "Hello".

#99 Lovin Jiri Fischer

Lovin Jiri Fischer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:00 PM

The New York Yankees are the Detroit Red Wings of baseball.

#100 LarryMurphySpecial

LarryMurphySpecial

Prospect

• 39 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:07 PM

She grew up in California, what do you expect?

So did Emmerson Etem and Brooks Orpick.