• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingsFanInDC

Hockey Jerseys

Rate this topic

That's quite illegal. If they really are selling fake knock-offs at a US retail store, they probably won't be there much longer.

They'll be gone come mid-January, I'm sure. It's quite obvious that it's just a temporary location. I noticed a Wings jersey that had the EDGE-style NHL crest at the base of the neck but also had - what appeared to be - a straight stripe at the bottom. It was hard to tell, though, because of the way it was hanging. It got moved and became really blatantly obvious. It made me take a second look at the other jerseys they had and they too became much more obvious.

I've never set foot inside, but can notice from the windows that the collars are billowy, the lettering on the Hawks jerseys isn't centered, and the numbers are cheap looking twill. The 'Hawks jerseys are cut properly, though, and there are some Wings jerseys that are as well. Maybe they'll display the back of one of the Wings jerseys which, we all know, would prove whether or not it was a knock-off since the lettering on knock-off Wings jerseys is always wrong.

I've also entertained the idea that maybe their wholesaler sent them knock offs and real Reebok jerseys. Or maybe they just don't know any better. You'd hate to think they were intentionally selling knock-offs, but it'd definitely be unfortunate to see them getting unknowingly screwed themselves.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

They still had a couple at the Madison Heights Dunham's, about a month ago. The only reason I didn't buy the authentic was because I despise the Edge 1.0 jerseys. The material they use snags very easily, and then your expensive jersey looks like junk. The replica WC jerseys are made with air-knit, and last longer. Leave it to Reebok to make the replica better than the authentic....

I went there today and they had my size in an authentic!!! I am freaking out. Now I have to find a place that will customize it. Anyone have any suggestions?

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

I went there today and they had my size in an authentic!!! I am freaking out. Now I have to find a place that will customize it. Anyone have any suggestions?

What was the price on the authentic?

And yes, SportsK is your best option.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

What was the price on the authentic?

And yes, SportsK is your best option.

$250 plus tax. It was on sale. Marked down from $350.

SportsK does a brilliant job with customizations.

Has anyone used them for a winter classic customization? I know they are different from the regular jerseys.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

$250 plus tax. It was on sale. Marked down from $350.

Has anyone used them for a winter classic customization? I know they are different from the regular jerseys.

Yep. Here are a couple pics:

DSC_5267.jpg

DSC_5268.jpg

Like I said, they do a brilliant job. :thumbup:

Also, that's a really good price. I think I paid something like $375-400 for mine, uncustomized.

Edited by Theophany

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Yep. Here are a couple pics:

DSC_5267.jpg

DSC_5268.jpg

Like I said, they do a brilliant job. :thumbup:

Also, that's a really good price. I think I paid something like $375-400 for mine, uncustomized.

Looks just like the real thing. I'll have to send mine there.

I saw that price and knew I couldn't pass it up.

Had them do a replica WC and it was perfect. Any thoughts on who you are putting on there?

Most likely Datsyuk. I have a home red of his though so I might change my mind, most likely not though.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Impossible to go wrong getting a Dats jersey. There really aren't enough out there (same with Lids, IMO). :thumbup:

Lids would be my second choice. How much did your customization cost?

Guest Howard He Do It?!

If I remember correctly, it was $55. Normally Wings stuff is $47 at SportsK, but it's normally only one color.

That's a great price, especially to get it done the right way.

Not to mention the name font is wrong for a winter classic jersey. That's not a good one.

well, here's what came - from singapore:

5327661316_f5b74e2e72.jpg

5327661326_ac82497451.jpg

other then it feeling rather cheap, and the nameplate being near the small of the back i don't see anything glaringly appalling about this.

what do you all think?

The only other thing that jumps out at me on that one is that the D on the front is a little too small.

I love the stuff I've gotten from DHGate, honestly. Got one Zata WC jersey and a Sabres Miller jersey, both feel and look great.

The only other thing that jumps out at me on that one is that the D on the front is a little too small.

I love the stuff I've gotten from DHGate, honestly. Got one Zata WC jersey and a Sabres Miller jersey, both feel and look great.

yeah, you're right, compared to the others that is a small D. (that's what she said)

:(

i wish i had gone the dhgate route. i put it in the hands of my mother and she ended up in singapore.

Do I get a finders fee? :greedy:

Awesome jersey. I would have picked one up myself, but I already have a replica so I didn't want to spend any more money.

yeah, you're right, compared to the others that is a small D. (that's what she said)

:(

i wish i had gone the dhgate route. i put it in the hands of my mother and she ended up in singapore.

I browse DHGate from time to time, seems like other teams have better knock offs - but maybe it's because I never see other jerseys up close. As far as Winter Classic jerseys go, these seem to be the best knock offs I've seen.

productimg1273827842111.jpg

productimg1273827898294.jpg

I think it's the closest I've seen a knock off get to the correct font.

Thanks for posting Travis!

Those look great. I can only hope it looks like that when it comes to my door.

No problem, I hope you dig it.

I also found this on iOffer, but the letters are way off.

ZETTERBER640%23-F.jpg

ZETTERBER640%23-B.jpg

well, here's what came - from singapore:

5327661316_f5b74e2e72.jpg

5327661326_ac82497451.jpg

other then it feeling rather cheap, and the nameplate being near the small of the back i don't see anything glaringly appalling about this.

what do you all think?

Look at your pics, then look at mine. It's a pretty obvious fake. I noticed a ton of them when I went to the New Years Eve game, so at least you're not alone.

Look at your pics, then look at mine. It's a pretty obvious fake. I noticed a ton of them when I went to the New Years Eve game, so at least you're not alone.

so how much did you pay for yours, all told?

and of course it's a fake, do you think i thought otherwise?

so how much did you pay for yours, all told?

So now we're going to get into the authentic/replica/fake debate? This hasn't been done before.

Probably in the neighborhood of $350-400, as it's authentic. I have no problem with it either, as it'll last me an incredibly long time and won't look like crap.

So now we're going to get into the authentic/replica/fake debate? This hasn't been done before.

Probably in the neighborhood of $350-400, as it's authentic. I have no problem with it either, as it'll last me an incredibly long time and won't look like crap.

never planned on going into that debate, chief.

but you win, congrats on your $350 replica.

:thumbup: