• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingsFanInDC

Hockey Jerseys

Rate this topic

I am repeating myself but as Drake said, sportsk.com is the most legit out there. Sure, you are paying a bit more but if you want authenticity and great work, that is where you want to go. In the midst of figuring out who's WC jersey I am going to get. I have my Hank '08 SCF patch jersey which has been worn somewhere in the vicinity of 232636 times. I could very well get one of his and have no issue with it but a Nick wouldn't be bad or even a Clears as he is up there in being one of my faves. Need some opinions here.

Sincerely, Confused WC Jersey Guy

Guest Howard He Do It?!

I am repeating myself but as Drake said, sportsk.com is the most legit out there. Sure, you are paying a bit more but if you want authenticity and great work, that is where you want to go. In the midst of figuring out who's WC jersey I am going to get. I have my Hank '08 SCF patch jersey which has been worn somewhere in the vicinity of 232636 times. I could very well get one of his and have no issue with it but a Nick wouldn't be bad or even a Clears as he is up there in being one of my faves. Need some opinions here.

I was between Datsyuk and Lidstrom. I already have a home authentic Datsyuk jersey so I thought maybe I should get someone else but my fandom for Datsyuk was overwhelming. I will eventually purchase a Lidstrom jersey but for now I will have to live with my decision to get Datsyuk on my WC. :hehe:

If Cleary is one of your favorites you should go with him.

I vote Cleary.

I've always enjoyed wearing a jersey of a 'less popular' player. If you're paying money for the customization, then I think it's cool to get one that you'd be hard pressed to get off the rack or from NHL.com. As much as I love Nick, Zets, and Pasha - I think it's awesome to use the customization to your advantage in that way.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Consider it done. Thanks for the opinions, chaps! Sometimes we just need a little opinion on the matter such as strenuous as this.

No problem. It can be a big financial decision and it feels good to have others solidify your choice.

Consider it done. Thanks for the opinions, chaps! Sometimes we just need a little opinion on the matter such as strenuous as this.

I know exactly how you feel. When I got mine customized I still had doubts, even though Kronner is my favorite Wing.

Being extremely price conscious, you should know that you can get an authentic, customized Wings jersey for $245, sometimes less.

Which is a ridiculous price. I can't afford $250 for a jersey, does that mean I'm not entitled to wear the winged wheel?

Good point. So why does it matter to you that I choose authentic every time?

I don't. If you can afford it, be my guest. You'll never hear me complain until someone thinks they are better than me because they can afford 'authentic' gear.

I guess it does matter a little to you.

Huh? Of course the price matters. Why wouldn't it?

Whether it's right or wrong? It's illegal. I don't think there is much of a debate.

Ya, so is smoking pot and driving over the posted speed limit. What should be illegal is charging $250 for a $5 article of clothing. Or spending that much on said article of clothing. Just because something is illegal doesn't make it...ahh f*** it.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Which is a ridiculous price. I can't afford $250 for a jersey, does that mean I'm not entitled to wear the winged wheel?

Never said you shouldn't be. You think it's ridiculous, I think it's affordable.

I don't. If you can afford it, be my guest. You'll never hear me complain until someone thinks they are better than me because they can afford 'authentic' gear.

You have been complaining throughout this thread.

Huh? Of course the price matters. Why wouldn't it?

Ya, so is smoking pot and driving over the posted speed limit. What should be illegal is charging $250 for a $5 article of clothing. Or spending that much on said article of clothing. Just because something is illegal doesn't make it...ahh f*** it.

There you go again with the complaining. You must be really upset about the price of other goods and services too. Newsflash, they are all marked up! I guess everything you buy is a cheap knockoff in that case.

Never said you shouldn't be. You think it's ridiculous, I think it's affordable.

You have been complaining throughout this thread.

There you go again with the complaining. You must be really upset about the price of other goods and services too. Newsflash, they are all marked up! I guess everything you buy is a cheap knockoff in that case.

You're entitled to your opinion, that's fine. Not complaining!

And an island is affordable to Bill Gates. Once again, not complaining!

I was specifically referring to complaining about you wearing an authentic jersey. You won't hear it from me, whereas people seem to have a problem with me wearing knock offs. Good job taking s*** out of context. Technically, yes I am complaining about the prices of jerseys, because they are ridiculous. Of course s*** is marked up, but not by 5,000%. You're right, in fact, I am bothered by the extreme markup that greedy companies use just to inflate their profits. Some notables: Gas, cable/Internet, cell phones. Yeah, all extremely marked up and bulls***. I mean, if someone is willing to pay it, why not? In all actuality, it's people that buy authentic that drive the prices up, because they know someone is willing to pay it, why not keep charging?

I would be willing to bet my bottom dollar that the majority of hockey fans think jerseys are way overpriced.

Edited by rrasco

I would be willing to bet my bottom dollar that the majority of hockey fans think jerseys are way overpriced.

All sports jerseys are overpriced. Retail for a mesh print NFL jersey is 79.95. That is an effin' joke considering they fall apart in no time. Same goes for the stitched premiers which are around 109.95. The numbers shed their stitching and the #'s almost always crinkle up. It is just something you put in perspective. Do not buy retail and you most likely will be in the clear.

I was specifically referring to complaining about you wearing an authentic jersey. You won't hear it from me, whereas people seem to have a problem with me wearing knock offs. Good job taking s*** out of context. Technically, yes I am complaining about the prices of jerseys, because they are ridiculous. Of course s*** is marked up, but not by 5,000%. You're right, in fact, I am bothered by the extreme markup that greedy companies use just to inflate their profits. Some notables: Gas, cable/Internet, cell phones. Yeah, all extremely marked up and bulls***. I mean, if someone is willing to pay it, why not? In all actuality, it's people that buy authentic that drive the prices up, because they know someone is willing to pay it, why not keep charging?

They are overpriced if you pay retail prices, but most smart consumers never pay retail. Here's a Reebok Premier Red Wings jersey for $88.00. and you can get it customized for $128.

While not cheap, its not going to break the bank. For the price of 2 crappy looking fake chinese jerseys you can get one solid jersey that's professionally sewn. Yes, even the Reeboks are now made overseas, but until proven otherwise I have to believe they follow at least some sort of ethical code with regards to labor practices. I may be naive in this, but whatever.

All sports jerseys are overpriced.

Amen to that.

They are overpriced if you pay retail prices, but most smart consumers never pay retail. Here's a Reebok Premier Red Wings jersey for $88.00. and you can get it customized for $128.

While not cheap, its not going to break the bank. For the price of 2 crappy looking fake chinese jerseys you can get one solid jersey that's professionally sewn. Yes, even the Reeboks are now made overseas, but until proven otherwise I have to believe they follow at least some sort of ethical code with regards to labor practices. I may be naive in this, but whatever.

Thanks for the links. Never seen that place until this thread, maybe one day I'll splurge and get something everybody appreciates.

Guest Shoreline

Jerseys are a luxury. The price on them is extremely elastic as a result of being a luxury. You will find some very dirt cheap jerseys made in China. You will find some rather expensive ones made from this continent. Get the one that best suits you. Someone spending eleventy billion dollars on Red Wing products doesn't make them any more of a fan. Some are content spending hundreds or thousands on memorabilia and clothes, some are fine buying a Red Wings fridge magnet or keychain ornament, if not just watching the games and letting that being that. However you want to be a fan, just be one, but telling others how much they should or shouldn't spend, or how much merchants should or shouldn't sell something for, is wrong in any fashion. If you think the product is over priced, don't buy it, or buy a cheaper one. Speak with your wallet. No one is going to care that you think it's too much. The market will decide whether or not that's true (being overpriced or not) by how much the products actually are bought for.

Edited by Shoreline

If you think the product is over priced, don't buy it, or buy a cheaper one. Speak with your wallet. No one is going to care that you think it's too much. The market will decide whether or not that's true (being overpriced or not) by how much the products actually are bought for.

I couldn't agree with this more. Part of what I said earlier, that people buying authentic could actually do more to drive prices up...that is speaking with your wallet. I didn't say what someone should spend, but I will concede I don't agree with the merchant pricing. Either way, I agree with what you said. When I read this thread, I took from it that people were talking down on those of us who buy cheaper jerseys simply because we can't afford authentic. There was a lot of negative talk about fakes. Like we're a stigma or not a good enough of a fan because we stick out with our fake jerseys. I realize this isn't everyone's opinion, but it certainly seemed to be of some.

Wear what you're gonna wear, so long as it's red (or white) and has a winged wheel you're good with me! :thumbup:

Edited by rrasco

Don't forget pharmaceutical companies and RX's; and health insurance costs. :ranting:

OK, back to the subject at hand...

I don't have $350 to spend on it, ever.

As noted, I'm pretty much the only person to spend $350 on a jersey in this thread, and that was because Winter Classic authentic jerseys are extremely rare, especially finding one in my size (I saw a lot of 50, 54, and 56s, only ever saw the one 52). I had the money and spent it on the only jersey I'll wear until it falls apart (though I still have a replica Lidström 2010 Olympic jersey that I wear sometimes).

You can get an authentic customized jersey for $245. You can get a customized replica for $128. $50 for a cheap knock-off jersey makes sense if you can't afford a jersey, but personally I'd rather just wear a Wings t-shirt instead of something that looks as bad as knock-offs generally do.

I can understand the appeal of a $50 jersey, but looks are important to me, and knock-offs don't look like real Wings jerseys.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Just got my Datsyuk WC jersey back from SportsK. They did a great job. I will post pics of it later once it is out of the wash.

I'm not the most informed about this whole jersey quality deal/ most bang for you buck type thing, but SportsK is legit? I found a nice looking Probert jersey there for like $160, but I noticed the jersey is a reebok instead of a CCM.

They're 100% legit, and do a good job. The reason they have things like Probert Reebok jerseys is a) people will buy them, even though he never wore Reeboks, and b) people cancel orders, so they probably throw the already customized jerseys up on their site at a discount.

They're 100% legit, and do a good job. The reason they have things like Probert Reebok jerseys is a) people will buy them, even though he never wore Reeboks, and b) people cancel orders, so they probably throw the already customized jerseys up on their site at a discount.

Yeah i'd like to start building on my jersey collection, and my first players i'm looking for are Probert, Kocur, and Shanahan. I've got an Yzerman, but that is the sole player jersey i've got.

Also CCM, Starter, Koho, and Nike jerseys either aren't made anymore or are fairly hard to find (real ones, not fake Chinese knock-offs).

Personally I like Reeboks better than the old jerseys anyway.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Also CCM, Starter, Koho, and Nike jerseys either aren't made anymore or are fairly hard to find (real ones, not fake Chinese knock-offs).

Personally I like Reeboks better than the old jerseys anyway.

Agreed. I don't feel like I'm wearing a dress with the reeboks.

Well, the aforementioned Craigslist score I thought I made turned out to be a bust. Sometimes too good to be true is just that. The jersey is completely legit - 2008 Reebok Lidstrom Home jersey.

I got kind of swindled in that the jersey is really heavily used and wasn't taken good care of. It's definitely not going to work for me, but maybe someone who wants a beater jersey for pond hockey or something will be into it. I'll probably post it in the Tradin' Post later - I don't expect to make any profit on it, just want to make my money back.

Finding the older CCM made jerseys is gonna be tough.

SportsK.com appears to be sold out...This ebay store appears to have what you would want, and so far it has a good customer rating.

I've never bought from that store so I honestly cannot say anything good/bad about them.

They're also available here: http://www.americanhockeycenter.net/pd_detroit_red_wings.cfm