• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Reilly

So does anyone else hope Lidstrom comes back next season?

Rate this topic

I want Nick to come back and sign for the veteran's minimum, which won't count against the cap because the NHL will adopt that rule from the NBA. Then the Wings will have the best value in the league...

...What?

I hope he returns as well, but not at anything over 4 million.

So if he keeps up a PPG pace like he is, you wouldn't want to see him back for $6 mil?

He's probably not going to be a PPG player, but he's easily the best defenseman we have (it's not even close), so why on Earth wouldn't we want him back at nearly any price up to $7 mil?

I hope he returns as well, but not at anything over 4 million.

I thought that I wanted Lidstrom back at this number too last year, but then I got to thinking, Nick isn't going to play unless he is still our number one defenseman, and so why should he be paid like our number 3 or 4 defenseman? If he is better than Rafi isn't it a little insulting to ask him to play for less? Yes I know Yzerman played for a lot less his last year, but Yzerman was our third line center/second line winger at that point, not our first defensive paring.

A more effective question might have been, "Does anyone *NOT* hope Lidstrom comes back next season?"

This would've been the first poll question on LGW that SHOULD HAVE finished with 100% one way.

I added something to your post in bold, because even though I agree with you 100%, I still think there would have been a few jack-holes here that would have voted for him to retire...

A more effective question might have been, "Does anyone *NOT* hope Lidstrom comes back next season?"

This would've been the first poll question on LGW that finished with 100% one way.

I respectfully disagree. We have been joined by fans of other teams who know enough about hockey to know that they would not want this.

I think the poll would end:

Yes, bring back Lids: 97%

No, please, no. Have mercy on my team and do not re-sign him: 3%

Id like Lids to mentor Smith for awhile. The kid is gunna be on the team next year for sure and if Kindl and Ericsson dont start improving then he could be here this year. the 3 FA's on d at the end of this season are Lids Salei and Big rig. What I find interesting is that Kronwall doesnt have a NTC, Smith has 3 years at $.875m per year!? Thats one way to get an extra $2+m into Kennys bargaining hands. This coming close season is gunna be very interesting.

Guest Stolberg

i think it's about time they give lids the lady byng

it was basically tailor made for him and yet he hasn't won it once

People saying nice things about Lidstrom:

"The way he plays, teams would take him probably for the next 10 years," Flames captain Jarome Iginla said. "His game is a lot about smarts, he's never in a bad position, doesn't get beat very often. He just moves the puck well. His shot, vision is as good as ever. We still have a great respect and know that he's a key to trying to beat the Red Wings."

This one cracked me up:

"He's better than everybody, that's the key," Babcock said

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2010/11/red_wings_mike_babcock_pleased.html

Samuelsson: Lidstrom inspirational

Red Wings captain Nicklas Lidstrom took a seven-game points streak into Saturday’s game (one goal, nine assists) and was tied with Pittsburgh’s Kris Letang for the NHL scoring lead among defensemen, with 13 points.

“He probably wants to prove he can still play,” Canucks forward and former Red Wing Mikael Samuelsson said, jokingly. “It’s not the same old, it’s the great old. Our Swedish guy here, (Alexander) Edler, asks me questions about Nick: Why is he so good? What does he do?

“He inspires a lot of guys, more than he probably thinks he does.”

Samuelsson, in his second season with Vancouver after four years in Detroit, said of the Red Wings: “Top of the standings, same old. They are prepared, from the coaching staff down to the bottom. It’s not a coincidence. They know what they’re doing.”

Lidstrom is currently tied for first in team scoring if I'm not mistaken and he leads (?) dmen in scoring, right?

as I stated in another thread "This may sound wierd but I hope Lidstrom doesn't retire until his abilities start to degenerate probably like 3 years, then we are begging for him to retire. The reason for this is because by then the team will slowly have learned to compencate for losing his talent"