Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:23 PM

stuart was a beast tonight. real solid skating and taking the body. :clap:

#462 daniel1

daniel1

#40 - UNSTOPPABLE

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:24 PM

Hudler starts and Modano sits one of the next two games, Babcock said. I think he specifically mentioned Edmonton. He doesn't want Modano playing a back-to-back. Modano scored a goal, now it's time for Hudler to make his case, as that final spot seems to be between these two.

You think it's between Huds and Modo? Or Huds and Abby?
"And? If I did, I probably would have been a fighter, so what?"

Who knows; maybe you would realize that enforcers in hockey are critical to a teams chemistry and overall success?

#463 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:27 PM

Abdelkader ignited the 3rd line tonight, he's not going anywhere, he had one solid chance to score and he did, he set up Cleary for a sure goal if he put it up.

Its Modano or Hudler

#464 hockey23

hockey23

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:27 PM

How bout some love for Big E. He made some nice breakout passes and looked pretty solid. Definitely an upgrade over Janik.

#465 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:28 PM

Its Modano or Hudler

I say scratch Miller.

Zetterberg Datsyuk Holmstrom
Franzen Filppula Bertuzzi
Cleary Modano Abdelkader
Hudler Helm Eaves

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#466 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:31 PM

Mo will play Friday, per Babcock. Why mess with that line? :thumbup:

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#467 Dat Wuz Eazy

Dat Wuz Eazy

Flying Squid Ftw

• 21 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:32 PM

Good game im glad that howards back,wish the refs woulda let stuart and iginla go at it.
Posted Image

"Pavel's biggest strength is his ability to beat people, hold on to the puck and draw people to him." - Steve Yzerman

#468 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:33 PM

I say scratch Miller.

Cleary Modano Abdelkader
Hudler Helm Eaves

Love having Miller on the team, and wish he could be rewarded for his hard work, but that doesn't look too shabby.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#469 cupforwings

cupforwings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:38 PM

I think Babcock said that Mo and Abby are playing again Friday... IDK who Huds is going to be in for... all the lines look great right now

#470 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:47 PM

How bout some love for Big E. He made some nice breakout passes and looked pretty solid. Definitely an upgrade over Janik.

Agree. Ericsson looked good, Kindl not so much.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#471 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,340 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:47 PM

Ericsson didn't blow it tonight. I'm satsified.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#472 daniel1

daniel1

#40 - UNSTOPPABLE

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:53 PM

I say scratch Miller.

Cleary Modano Abdelkader
Hudler Helm Eaves

I like your thinking but Huds can't play defense to save his life and that would take away one of our better penalty killers. With the "hands", or lack thereof that Clears is showing it would be a sick 4th line if we put him down with Helmer and Eaves. Clears is all heart and hustle but I swear he closes his eyes when he shoots the puck on net lol. If we could get a proven high priced scorer near playoff time that would make the Abby/Modo/*Scorer* line really sick and free up Huds salary to address our needs through free agency over the summer.

I don't think Babs will sit Modo, even if he does go cold as Modo is Babs 1st choice on the point opposite Kronner on the 2nd PP unit and is a great option to have for a third line center... and he's relatively cheap too. It would really take some of the pressure off of Z, Dats, and Franzen if we could another 30 to 40 goal scorer at the deadline from a team that knows they won't be able to re-sign him.

Just checked and the FA's of interest this summer:

Justin Williams
Brooks Laich
Teemu Selanne
Steve Sullivan
Andrew Brunette
Erik Cole
Cory Stillman
Alexander Semin
Alexander Frolov

Brooks Laich is on the last year of 2mil/yr deal. He's 6'2" 210lbs, plays physical, can be a net presence, scored 25 goals last year and will be looking for a deal in the 3-4m/yr range, which I don't think the Caps can afford and still re-sign Semin who will want considerably more. Hopefully the Caps will try to get something for him rather than lose him to FA for nothing. He would look pretty darn good on our third line!
"And? If I did, I probably would have been a fighter, so what?"

Who knows; maybe you would realize that enforcers in hockey are critical to a teams chemistry and overall success?

#473 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:58 PM

I like your thinking but Huds can't play defense to save his life and that would take away one of our better penalty killers

So you mean that would leave us with just Helm, Eaves, Filppula, Cleary, Franzen, Abdelkader, Zetterberg and Datsyuk who can kill penalties?

:P

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#474 hankzet40

hankzet40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:59 PM

Well I am as happy as a pig in s***. Secondary scoring showed up and Howie was fantastic. Being there in person was the icing.

#475 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,340 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:00 AM

Game recap now included in OP

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#476 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:01 AM

Agree. Ericsson looked good, Kindl not so much.

esteef

I thought Kindl looked pretty solid as well.

Ericsson surprised me. Other than a couple "OMG WTF ARE YOU DOING" passes, he played pretty well.

Not well enough to be on the top pair, but I'm shocked I'm not begging for Janik to be back in the lineup.

#477 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:02 AM

I like this 3rd line. Can we just trade Salei and Hudler?

#478 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:12 AM

Hehe. Trade Hudler.

#479 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:57 AM

hudler helm eaves sounds fun to me as the 4th line. Why not give it a try?
Posted Image

#480 w1ng3dLV

w1ng3dLV

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 01:05 AM

As many of you had mentioned before, I'm glad this is an issue, because it shows we're stacked. Bab's has no desire to pull Ab's, if he wasn't injured, he would've been a mainstay. Looking at all the Forward lines, the 4th line is sick! They truly can wear down a team in the opposing team's end. Hud's should get a shot Friday against the Oilers, and I foresee him given many opportunities if he plays. I don't agree with Mo' or anyone on the 3rd line being pulled simply because they all did well tonight. It's a truly tough call that Bab's has to make if he were to change the lines, but either way, I see it as an opportunity to showcase their depth. Truly can't wait to see what happens (that is if Bab's already made his decision).
"By 1946, I knew Detroit was the best hockey city in the Original Six." - Ted Lindsay