• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/6 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Canucks 6

Rate this topic

Franzen needs to score his 100th so he can stop gripping his stick so tight.

Agreed. We know Franzen, though, once he scores that goal he'll pot another 5 in the next 2 games.

4 out of 6 points on a road trip is pretty good

shouldn't have against edmonton

Actually I think the whole point of him starting against Edmonton was to try and secure at least 2 wins out of the 3 games going into Vancouver.

This loss didn't matter. Like you said, when you come home from a 3 game road trip with 2 victories you've had a successful road trip.

Guest Stolberg

Actually I think the whole point of him starting against Edmonton was to try and secure at least 2 wins out of the 3 games going into Vancouver.

that makes sense too

Edited by Stolberg

also depends on the seeds too

if they are 1/2 which is very possible it would be a second round match-up instead of a third round one ;)

That's not possible. If Vancouver and Detroit are seeds 1 and 2, they cannot possibly meet prior to the third round.

1 vs 8

2 vs 7

3 vs 6

4 vs 5

no matter what happens, 1 will play either 4, 5, 6, or 7. Number 2 will play 3, 4, 5, 6 or 8.

Game changer for the wings was a NON call in the third right after the Nucks went up 5-4. Kronwall came into the Van zone and was blatantly tripped at the blue line with no call - he took the puck over the line and some Van player used his stick to tie up his trailing foot. That ends up a turn over and Bertuzzi takes the roughing call on Kesler.

HNIC feed said NOTHING, how about the Detroit feed? Anyone else see that???

Wings gooning it up.

Bertuzzi may as well grab one of the Sedin boys and start pounding away.

That'd be something,be nice for bertz to get back to his physical self but prolly scared to kill someone he seems really relaxed most games,Sucks jimmy lost his streak but many games remaining to rebuild it.Really looking forward to thursday for the Edmonton rematch last game was intense.

That's not possible. If Vancouver and Detroit are seeds 1 and 2, they cannot possibly meet prior to the third round.

1 vs 8

2 vs 7

3 vs 6

4 vs 5

no matter what happens, 1 will play either 4, 5, 6, or 7. Number 2 will play 3, 4, 5, 6 or 8.

yeah got the seeds mixed up I guess

fine 2 and 3

Guest Crymson

Howard shouldn't have started, plain and simple. You don't start a goalie for a back to back after coming off an injury. It was a bad coaching move. The boys are going to hate practice tomorrow.

I think it's hilarious that you and others are looking so hard for reasons why the team lost. I'll give you a hint: the team was extremely tired. Howard played fine, but the rest of the team was simply too gassed to properly cover the Canucks or to capitalize on chances.

Sometimes teams are just plain too tired.

The team is flying home tomorrow and will not be practicing.

Edited by Crymson

Game changer for the wings was a NON call in the third right after the Nucks went up 5-4. Kronwall came into the Van zone and was blatantly tripped at the blue line with no call - he took the puck over the line and some Van player used his stick to tie up his trailing foot. That ends up a turn over and Bertuzzi takes the roughing call on Kesler.

HNIC feed said NOTHING, how about the Detroit feed? Anyone else see that???

I noticed that too. Ken just said "Kronwall went down" didn't really make a deal of it.

Frustrating, but things like that happen. We had our chances.

The only excuse I could think to make would be that they were clearly fatigued, but the defense just fell apart in the third (obviously). I thought it was a pretty weird game, on the whole.

Guest screwdahawks

You get a plus 1 for knowing the difference between they're, their and there.

And I dunno, still too early to tell.

:clap:

Guest screwdahawks

By the way, Luongo's mask is ugly.

It looks like a white mask that someone puked bile all over............:puke:

Guest mindfly

Lidstrom -3 oh noes

Wtf happend to wings penalty kill last night? very disappointing.

Guest mindfly

And by the way, franzen's hip must be bothering him, he looked ice cold out there and has been for several games now...that sucks <_<

Well you can't win 'em all... It wasn't a bad effort given that they were on back to back's at the end of a road trip. Maybe a bit of fatigue crept in and then with the Don Vancouver third period...