• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Do Maple Leaf fans deserve better?

Rate this topic

789 posts in this topic

Toronto lost to Pittsburgh after leading 2-0. To their defense, it was Pittsburgh. I heard Peyton Manning is available, maybe he can help them :lol:

Besides the standings and assuming there will be a replacement for the position, the new President & CEO of MLSE might hold Burke's fate in his/her hands.

I think Burke has actually done a pretty decent job in their rebuild. When he arrived, they had next to nothing.

Exactly.

This team looks as though it has potential to make the playoffs - however it needs a coach, and a system that the players respond to.

I'm thinking if Carlyle was the head coach a few months ago (unlikely since the Leafs were in 6th spot then) this spiral downwards may have been avoided.

Leafs just aren't consistent enough. Another year missing the playoffs. Ouch. Tough times as always for Leaf fans.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Here is Brian Burke in his former life during the Civil War...

Edited by Hatethedrake!

I think Burke has actually done a pretty decent job in their rebuild. When he arrived, they had next to nothing.

what exactly do they have now?

decent starting goalie? nope. by far not

good D corps? nope

decent forwards? yep, but it's not like they have prime talent there...

good teamwork in D? absolutely not. their defense is pathetic

good teamwork in front? yes, when it works...

Maple Laughs are a disaster right now. if you recall how Blackhawks or Penguins rebuild process... they at least were on the right path in their 4th year...

It's not word for word, but I posted this on my facebook...

Funny how the Leafs, after killing their chances to make the playoffs AGAIN have now won two in a row. It's probably guaranteed they'll put a good run together here at the end, get everyone excited for next year, but will get another mid-level draft pick. I dedicate this song to them:

I had a reply that said, "Funny how it looks like a Red Wings symbol"

For an American player :hehe:

Or they'll do what their doing now, and win some games.

Do you think Toronto would pass on a playoff berth of it meant playing Boston in the first round? HahahahhhhAhahaha

aa290c3e4832886848333139aabe.jpg

Shameless provincial corporate product placement evident.

Post-game fifteen-minute "closed door" meeting called by the captain; no details given as to whether Kessel's on-camera yawning is under control or not.

Only 14 shots at home in a 5-2 loss to the Islanders, 13 SOG in the 8-0 loss to Boston. Guess that coaching change didn't provide the spark that Burke was looking for....

Im so sick of seeing this thread on the main page but here I go having to complain and now it will get bumped up a few spots again.

Chants at Air Canada of 'Fire Burke' ... will he respond like he did when they shouted 'Fire Wilson'?

I think the players must have been given the order to tank the rest of the season to move up a bit on the draft.

There was talk on TSN radio today about the "Fire Burke" chant, Pierre Lebrun thinks that Burke has one more year to make the playoffs, or he's gone. If I'm a Leafs fan, that's a scary thought, there goes the #1 pick, and more quick fixes next year. Just fire him now, and rebuild this thing properly.

The sad thing is, the ACC is still sold our every night, and the waiting list for Seasons Tickets is in the thousands... Leaf fans boo because they pay top $$$ to watch them lose. Guys how 'bout doing something else? Toronto's a world class city, with a TON to do.

When the Red Wings went through their 17 year stretch where they only made the playoffs twice, the arena was half empty and they were giving away a car every game. Win or lose, always losing, and the ACC is packed.

What a mess!

I wonder why me, the Red Wings fan, is the one frustrated with the Leafs. I guess since I have a lot of friends who are Leafs fans, I see how much their team takes them for granted, and how stupid my friends are to still financially support the team.

aa290c3e4832886848333139aabe.jpg

Shameless provincial corporate product placement evident.

Post-game fifteen-minute "closed door" meeting called by the captain; no details given as to whether Kessel's on-camera yawning is under control or not.

It would be better if those seats were empty.

The sad thing is, the ACC is still sold our every night, and the waiting list for Seasons Tickets is in the thousands... Leaf fans boo because they pay top $$$ to watch them lose. Guys how 'bout doing something else? Toronto's a world class city, with a TON to do.

I became a fan of the team in the late 80's because of Clark, the passion the fans have for the Leafs, and how cool the city of Toronto is; my confirmation of the Maple Leafs being my distant 2nd favorite team solidified when a buddy of mine, and I paid "Hog Town" a visit many moons ago (in fact we were only 19 - however we could frequent the bars)...Toronto is similar to Chicago in terms of size, population, and things to do - however Toronto's cleaner, and the folks are alot more friendly...We stopped by the Maple Leaf Gardens, and the security guys let us walk around inside; we chatted up a few maintenance employees, and nobody seemed to mind we were there - how cool is that?

Anywho - I may be in the minority here, but I firmly believe the fans, and the city of Toronto deserve more from their NHL franchise.