• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#41 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,274 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:49 PM

I don't see any controversy. The puck wasn't under control by the goaltender, and then it found it's way into the back of the net. That's a goal any day of the week.

What the hell do you people want? Want him to just skate to the bench and never show emotion? The expectations you put on this kid are ridiculous, just sit back and enjoy his skill, he's the greatest player in the generation and I'm at a loss for words why people are losing out on great entertainment because they are jealous we don't have Crosby on our team.

He was telling the ref to review the play, do you think he was telling the ref "HEY IM SIDNEY CROSBY AWARD ME A GOAL AT ONCE" come on now, the ref just said to him something along the lines of "we'll look at it calm down", like any other ref would if the same situation happened to any other team.

Should not of been a goal

Ref blew the whistle before it went in the net. No goal. No question.

Agreed

There should be no question on this, whatsoever. The whistle blew before the puck crossed the line. No goal. Simple as that.

Once again, the Pittsburgh bias in this league rears its ugly head.

Once again, totally agree

not to beat a dead horse buttttt.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v0HSV6yIYQ

So true

Somewhere, Brad May is throwing his remote.

Posted Image

esteef

+1

This is one of the most embarrassing posts I've ever seen on this board, and I've been here 2 1/2 years. I've seen trolls whose only purpose here is to post "LOL RED WINGS SUX!!!! DEAD THINGS!! LOLOLOLOL!!!11" spout less embarrassing things than that post.

We get it. You're attached to Crosby's nuts. You think the sun shines out of his ass, his s*** smells like roses and when he smiles, you say "But soft, what light through yonder window breaks? It is Crosby, and he is the sun." I'm convinced he could go on a tri-state murdering spree, kill 34 people including infants, war widows and puppies and you'd still say that Wings fans were jealous we didn't have a puppy-murderer on our team who can kill puppies like he can.

Just please.

Chopped full of sarcasm and truth

Edited by Rivalred, 22 November 2010 - 08:16 PM.

D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#42 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,625 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:11 PM

Obviously FSN Pittsburgh sent a feed to Toronto without the audio!

Wasn't there an instance of something similar to that happening not too long ago?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#43 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:18 PM

Wasn't there an instance of something similar to that happening not too long ago?

Very similar. FSN Pittsburgh withheld a camera angle in a game against, I believe, Philly, that would have shown conclusively that Philly had scored a goal. Instead, the goal was taken back and the Penguins went on to win the game. Neither FSN Pittsburgh, nor the Penguins received any disciplinary action.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#44 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:44 PM

This isn't an example of Pens bias like some would like to believe.

It's yet another example of bad officiating and inconsistent interpretation of the rule book.

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#45 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,625 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:46 AM

It's yet another example of bad officiating and inconsistent interpretation of the rule book.

What would you call six men on the ice for half a minute that mysteriously went unnoticed by four on ice officials?

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#46 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:50 AM

It can't be just that. This is a case of black letter law being ignored. It's not like determining a kicking motion.

Whistle blows, play is dead. Period.

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#47 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,625 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:54 AM

It was actually pretty nice seeing that most of Pittsburgh's fan thought it was a bogus call as well.

#48 Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

First Line Center

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:20 AM

I don't see any controversy. The puck wasn't under control by the goaltender, and then it found it's way into the back of the net. That's a goal any day of the week.

I see what your getting at, despite my loathing of Pittsburgh I think that should have been a goal, but under the current rules there is no way in hell that was a goal. If the whistle blows the play is dead, it doesn't matter if the goalie had control or not. Now do I think that needs to be reviewed, hell yes, but until then everyone has to play by the rules the way they are written and that ref clearly didn't. Not saying he was biased towards s***sburgh and not saying he wasn't, but he clearly didn't follow the rules as they are written and should at least be fired for it.

Posted Image

#49 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:24 AM

What would you call six men on the ice for half a minute that mysteriously went unnoticed by four on ice officials?

Really bad officiating. Maybe I'm just being naive but I really can't get behind any pens based conspiracy theories. If one day information leading to actual evidence is discovered, then I will happily eat my words. I couldn't sit down and watch 82+ games a year of a sport if I actually believed the balance was somehow tipped in favour of a particular team. It just wouldn't make sense for the NHL to favour the pens over much bigger markets anyway.

There was even talk about Phoenix being the new "golden team" when we played them last year. Quickly went away when they lost though, funny that. It's just a fans natural reaction to find any reason for hating their rivals.

It can't be just that. This is a case of black letter law being ignored. It's not like determining a kicking motion.

Whistle blows, play is dead. Period.

The only thing I can think of (besides incompetent officiating) is that FSN pittsburgh really didn't include any audio with the replays they provided and the war room thought they were simply trying to determine if the puck crossed the line. Pretty bad communication if that was the case, but FSN pittsburgh did get caught doing something shady once.

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#50 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:47 AM

Actually, they did notice it, they just told one of the pens to get off the ice rather than call a penalty.... :ph34r:

I don't really know what more can be said, I'm kinda at a loss for words other than to say its becoming harder and harder for people to say the Pens aren't favoured by the NHL.

What was interesting was the Ref gave no explanation whatsoever, simply "its a goal". Clearly he was embaressed/didn't agree/didn't understand why that was a goal.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#51 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:09 AM

Actually, they did notice it, they just told one of the pens to get off the ice rather than call a penalty.... :ph34r:

Ladies and gentlemen, he's not kidding - that really happened.

What was interesting was the Ref gave no explanation whatsoever, simply "its a goal". Clearly he was embaressed/didn't agree/didn't understand why that was a goal.

I found that curious as well. The ref ALWAYS states why it is or isn't a goal. Such as "After review, it was determined that the puck crossed the line after the whistle blew, therefore, no goal."

But this time, it was just, "It's a goal."

No reason, no nothing. I guess it wouldn't be good for business if he went out there and said, "After review, it was determined that since it's Pittsburgh, it's a goal."

ABV_sig.png

#52 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:55 AM

Someone posted here that Brad May's goal. However, the real and the only thing this thread needs is this

Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#53 Shady Ultima

Shady Ultima

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:16 AM

The thing is, it's not like that at all. There should not have been a whistle in the Hossa case, as the puck was in sight for longer than a second. In this case, the puck was covered.

#54 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:37 AM

The thing is, it's not like that at all. There should not have been a whistle in the Hossa case, as the puck was in sight for longer than a second. In this case, the puck was covered.

But it wasn't in Brad Watson's (?) sight because he was way out of position, in the corner, and couldn't see the puck from his vantage point. The ruling has always been when the ref loses sight of the puck, blow the whistle and play is dead. Not that that makes it right, but he actually called it by the book.

Isn't that what we as hockey fans ( not just Wings fans ) want? The refs to call the game by the rulebook, even though we may not agree with all the rules in it?

#55 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:38 AM

The only thing I can think of (besides incompetent officiating) is that FSN pittsburgh really didn't include any audio with the replays they provided and the war room thought they were simply trying to determine if the puck crossed the line. Pretty bad communication if that was the case, but FSN pittsburgh did get caught doing something shady once.

Yes, just last January; but...Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#56 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:41 AM

Very similar. FSN Pittsburgh withheld a camera angle in a game against, I believe, Philly, that would have shown conclusively that Philly had scored a goal. Instead, the goal was taken back and the Penguins went on to win the game. Neither FSN Pittsburgh, nor the Penguins received any disciplinary action.

The first part of your post is true. However, the disallowed Flyer goal did not impact the outcome of the game and FSN Pittsburgh employee Lowell McDonald Jr (son of the former Pens player) was suspended.

http://www.philly.co...viewAll=Y&text=

The BS surrounding this franchise is really getting bad though. I saw this game while at a bar and couldn't hear it, so I had no idea about any of this until this morning. lol

#57 PROBIE4PREZ

PROBIE4PREZ

In Holland I trust.

• PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:48 AM

shocked isnt the word Bob .. sickend is more like it.
"I mean, the best thing for my knee, for anyone's knee, is to never play again and retire. But I'm not going to do that." o-captain my captain

#58 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:10 AM

The first part of your post is true. However, the disallowed Flyer goal did not impact the outcome of the game and FSN Pittsburgh employee Lowell McDonald Jr (son of the former Pens player) was suspended.

http://www.philly.co...viewAll=Y&text=

Oops, I clearly misremembered the remaining details. I stand corrected.

Of course, the producer is clearly back to his old tricks again. A termination would be nice this time.

ABV_sig.png

#59 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:37 AM

Truly pathetic. Calls like this are destroying the game. I have friends who are pretty much done with the NHL after watching last year's playoffs and the horrible calls made there. They didn't see the point of watching a game when calls are made so arbitrarily. After watching a video like that I can sympathize with them.

The league needs to get the rules straight and start calling games consistently, or all credibility is going to be lost with the fans.

#60 plopster

plopster

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:52 AM

Wow. Where to begin.

I thought I was pissed when I saw the video. Carman just sunk to a new low.

First off, that is not a goal. The whistle blew and the defenseman knocks the goalie into the net along with the puck. No goal.

Second, the fact that they said it was a goal is a huge embarrassment to the league. That was such a damn joke. When the ref on the ice says it is not a goal because the whistle was blown should indicate to the league replay guy that he needs to LISTEN to the replay. It was obviously never any question that the puck eventually crossed the line. Holy f*** come on people.

Third, the fact that a Pens team is desperate for such a call to go in their favor just shows how far they have fallen this year.
mccarty3