No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
up2here

Babs says Miller and Eaves will both play

Rate this topic

Swedishchef.jpg

A-CHOCOLATE MOOSE

But yeah.. It's Huds.

How did you know I love the Chef???? That's one of my favorite skits too.

I'm gonna bet on Huddie too. Sucker bet, I know.

Cap Geek Site is correct, he has a 2 yr contract

What 2 sites? Your site says he is a UFA after this year and the link (capgeek) that Steve K posted reinforces he is a UFA in 2 yrs (including this year - aka after the following season) where you said he was a UFA after this season.

Both NHLnumbers and the link Steve K provided show him as UFA in two years. Thats what im going with as correct.

Nough said'

Yes, let us all rejoice as a 3 million dollar player is playing so poorly that he isn't even worth playing anymore while a fourth liner who is essentially redundant (Miller) gets to play in his stead.

I'm oh so pumped for how much better the team has become from this move. Let us rejoice.

Guest mindfly

Miller deserves to play by his PK ability alone, hudler does nothing for this team and has not improved at all in 15-16 games that he played, you just gotta ice the best team every night especially on the road.

Yes, let us all rejoice as a 3 million dollar player is playing so poorly that he isn't even worth playing anymore while a fourth liner who is essentially redundant (Miller) gets to play in his stead.

I'm oh so pumped for how much better the team has become from this move. Let us rejoice.

Sarcasm usually loses something in internet forums but not this post :P

Miller deserves to play by his PK ability alone, hudler does nothing for this team and has not improved at all in 15-16 games that he played, you just gotta ice the best team every night especially on the road.

Like I said, Miller is a redundant piece. He has been absolutely nothing special. Eaves and Abdelkader have, while Helm has been trying very hard but has just had some issues with his offensive side.

Miller is just meh. Nothing special that makes me overjoyed to see him in the lineup over a player with a 3 mil cap hit.

Like I said, Miller is a redundant piece. He has been absolutely nothing special. Eaves and Abdelkader have, while Helm has been trying very hard but has just had some issues with his offensive side.

Miller is just meh. Nothing special that makes me overjoyed to see him in the lineup over a player with a 3 mil cap hit.

A players salary doesn't necessarily dictate his contribution to a team's success, as Hudler has proved this year.

A players salary doesn't necessarily dictate his contribution to a team's success, as Hudler has proved this year.

I'm talking about in regards to cap hit.

Detroit has 3 million sitting in the press box. That isn't a positive thing in the slightest. That player who is worth that much isn't producing in the slightest. Once again, not a positive thing.

Thats true but like I said in an earlier post, its a waste to have a 3M guy riding the pine. Thats why I floated the trade idea out there.

I'm talking about in regards to cap hit.

Detroit has 3 million sitting in the press box. That isn't a positive thing in the slightest. That player who is worth that much isn't producing in the slightest. Once again, not a positive thing.

I agree with you there. What we'll get in return for him will be little, but something nonetheless.

The next few weeks will be very telling I think. If this lights a fire under Hudler's ass then great, if not maybe it is time to move him to where he can play everyday and we can get something for him. I hope he turns it around.

The next few weeks will be very telling I think. If this lights a fire under Hudler's ass then great, if not maybe it is time to move him to where he can play everyday and we can get something for him. I hope he turns it around.

Detroit Free Press posted an article about how he's not happy about being scratched. Personally, I dont think he turns it around. He wasnt playimg well in the bottom 6 so we put him with Filppula and he still isn't producing. He's running out of excuses.

What reason does Holland have to trade him right now?

The team is winning. They have played fewer games than anyone in the league and are first in the West. The return for Hudler would be nothing of significance and being right up against the cap the move would need to be lateral in salary (which Detroit will not be able to get with Hudler's current play).

Holland is a smart man, that is why Hudler is not going to be traded just yet. They have no need to do so.

Guest mindfly

Couldn't Cleary sit? Didn't Babs mention he might sit him a game just to be sure he's not hurt worse than they think?

Cleary is a good ol' canadian boy, no need to sit if it's not serious!

I agree with you there. What we'll get in return for him will be little, but something nonetheless.

The "return" isn't really the "who" we get in exchange for Piddler, but rather the CAP SPACE! We'll free up close to 3mil plus a roster space that we can use to sign a 5-6mil/yr guy at or before the trade deadline. How good would a 30 goal scorer who brings some nastiness look on the third line with Cleary and Modano for the playoffs? Hudler's cap space and roster spot could make that happen.

I could care less if we get a pop tart and glass of milk for the little traitor... he can run back to the KHL with his tail between his legs and play over there which is where he went last year anyways.

It's addition by subtraction in this case and I WANT a big time scorer on the third line to help balance out the top three lines come playoff time.

Guest Stolberg
The "return" isn't really the "who" we get in exchange for Piddler, but rather the CAP SPACE! We'll free up close to 3mil plus a roster space that we can use to sign a 5-6mil/yr guy at or before the trade deadline. How good would a 30 goal scorer who brings some nastiness look on the third line with Cleary and Modano for the playoffs? Hudler's cap space and roster spot could make that happen.

yeah.. all those great free agents at the trade deadline