• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/3 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Ducks 0

Rate this topic

It would be awesome if someone named their arena the "Bat Cave".

In the event that I am ever a billionaire, and buy a franchise, and build an arena, I am totally doing it.

vampire-bat.jpg

Tell me that wouldn't make a cool jersey logo :)

on EA SPORTS NHL every time i create a team from scratch its the New Orleans Voodoo and the logo is the bat.

it would be very cool if it came true!

GO WINGS....duck soup tonight!

youd think that with the family gone and players all over the place there would be alot of cheating going on. if not from the players than the hot, lonely hockey wives stressed out from raising the children.

youd have to be a fool to hook up with a hockey wife though, sounds like a perfect situation to get your teeth knocked in...

tiger, favre, jordan, etc. Of course it happens. And it sure would suck being an athlete and finding out your wife is boning other guys while your'e gone. :(

cheating is so common, you cant get away from it.

As for the topic at hand, this should be a great game. The ducks are fumed and both teams are rolling. Hopefully detroit wants to play this game and not take the night off.

youd think that with the family gone and players all over the place there would be alot of cheating going on. if not from the players than the hot, lonely hockey wives stressed out from raising the children.

They relieve their stress by trolling hockey message boards. :ph34r:

esteef

This is true.

Thanks, I like that much better :)

Are you sure about Stewie? I swear I've heard about Babcock giving him a few days off, to go visit his family. I also thought I've heard Kenny and Murph ( or Mickey) talking about his family still being there. Maybe I'm just imagining that. Another symptom of my refusing to grow up, no matter how old I may get.

I think the family they are referring to for Stuart could be parents, brothers/sisters. Regardless of which family they're referring to, it's always nice to visit when they're in town.

Guest Stolberg

t00833dbpwn.jpg

That sort of testimony we can eliminate.

Atsa fine. I'll take some.

You'll take what?

Eliminate. A nice, cold glass eliminate.

On the last game highlights, all our goals came on screens. Let's hope the Wings took note and continue the dominance. Our strength of schedule right now is 16th/30th, no it's time we are starting to get into the grind of things.

If we play Red Wing hockey, and the boys have pep in their step and are properly motivated, I don't see why we can't finish with the most points in the league by a wide margin. Our depth is sick!

Let's Go Wings!!!

Hey HT, any chance you can start putting the GDT form the last time we played the specified team in the "last meeting" section? Just another suggestion.

Brad Stuart's family still lives in the San Jose area. He's been to Boston, Calgary, LA, and Detroit in that time. Sometimes it's easier to have a stable place for your children to grow up, and have dad go make money where he can. I think these situations are more common in sports, and in regular life than we would think.

Doesn't Pavel's family stay in Russia still??? (not sure)

This is true. When I was in high school my dad got a job 1000 miles away and would fly back sometimes on the weekends to see us. It was tough on everyone (him the most) but he did it for us, as opposed to taking me and my brother out of school and sports, he waited until I graduated before we all moved.

I expect its the same thing in sports, especially for guys with short contracts or towards the end of their careers. I feel bad for Salei, must be tough on him, but he wanted to play hockey and I'm sure they discussed it as a family and this is the decision they made.

It would be awesome if someone named their arena the "Bat Cave".

In the event that I am ever a billionaire, and buy a franchise, and build an arena, I am totally doing it.

Bush league hockey already went there with the currently on hiatus Austin IceBats, whose arena was indeed known as the 'Bat Cave' when used for home hockey games.

Austin_Ice_Bats_logo.png

Babcock said Kris Draper (sports hernia) would make his season debut during this three-game trip.

Draper didn't play in San Jose, and Babcock said he hadn't made a decision yet for tonight.

… While the Wings were practicing at a public rink Thursday, a commercial involving Wayne Gretzky was filming in one corner of the complex.

Nobody stuck around to watch, though. Everyone simply wanted to leave the frigid rink.

"It was cold," Danny Cleary said. "Geez, it was amazing how cold they can keep it when it's warm (70 degrees outside) out here. But the ice is good."… Chris Osgood (groin) practiced and is slated to start Saturday at Los Angeles. He hasn't played since Oct. 30.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20101203/SPORTS0103/12030353/Wings-Brad-Stuart-takes-one-(and-two-and-three...)-for-the-team#ixzz175D8XRNd

I like our boys tonight (surprise). As the Ducks have shown no semblance of any real defense or netminding for that matter. Wings--5 Ducks--2

Clearygoal.gif

Kronwallgoal.gif

Lidstromgoal.gif

Datsyukgoal.gif

Filppulagoal.gif

Spreadin' the love against the Shmucks wink.gif

10pm Friday and Saturday night games...Uh oh liver.

Edited by HankthaTank