• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/8 GDT: Predators 3 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Howard hasn't been good lately. Time to give Osgood a few starts.

Beaten clean over the glove by a wrist shot from 40 feet out with 1:33 to go, no deflections or screens. That's definitely no good. He needs whatever is not working, be it mind or body, working.

Two straight home losses makes me a *little* bit nervous about the upcoming game I'll be attending. Last season, they lost a ton of home games for lack of effort but I thought they were over that. Now I'm worried it might happen at the game I'm going to. :(

Guest Stolberg

i like when people equate discussing a loss and how poorly the team played to jumping off the bandwagon

I'll say it again - we were the last WC team to experience a 3-game losing streak this season. It could be a lot worse. If we lose to the Devils on Saturday, then I might be more inclined to hit the panic button.

I'll say it again - we were the last WC team to experience a 3-game losing streak this season. It could be a lot worse. If we lose to the Devils on Saturday, then I might be more inclined to hit the panic button.

Sure. I still miss winning though.

this is bad. we need to retool and rebuild this team

What could we get for Datsyuk??

I'm thinking one of the bubble teams might want some of our guys, maybe Hank or Franzen to assist them with their playoff runs. Obviously we won't be in the situation to challange so we might as well load up on picks/prospects.

Once again, the Wings scored only 2 goals. You don't win many games in the NHL scoring only 2 goals. You can't blame the lack of goal scoring on Howard.

Two straight home losses makes me a *little* bit nervous about the upcoming game I'll be attending. Last season, they lost a ton of home games for lack of effort but I thought they were over that. Now I'm worried it might happen at the game I'm going to. :(

Don't know if you heard but they had a couple of injuries last year.

Edited by chrisdetroit

That's not what the coach thinks

“I didn’t think he had an opportunity,” Babcock said of Howard. “The last one, he got a shoulder on it and it went in the joint. I don’t know what you want him to do on the other two. Both of them were the same kind of plays by the net. Our (defense) should have had the first one sorted out, and the second one went off (Ericsson).”

“I didn’t think he had an opportunity,” Babcock said of Howard. “The last one, he got a shoulder on it and it went in the joint. I don’t know what you want him to do on the other two. Both of them were the same kind of plays by the net. Our (defense) should have had the first one sorted out, and the second one went off (Ericsson).”

Agreed. The defense has been pretty flat lately. Unfortunately, the offense is flat as well. I'm not worried though, this happens. The Wings will get through it, as they always do.

I can't explain why, but the Wings seem to play that way in front of Ozzie. Now it seems like they are doing it to J-Ho also. C'mon boys. Pull yer heads outta yer arsses an hustle. I say let's get Ozzie to 400 and Jimmeh on a win-streak. Hustle, boys, hustle.

Last night wasn't on Howard. Like an above poster said, you're not going to win very many games if you only score twice. Gotta give your netminder some support.

No, but you're not going to win many games when you're goalie gives up 4+ goals a game, either.

The whole team has looked flat but Howard has had a terrible two game stretch. Not the end of the world, and I"m not a goalie basher, but let's call a spade a spade here.