• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

12/11 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Devils 1

Rate this topic

Nice game by the Wings. Got dominated for stretches during the game, but managed to hang on with the help of Ozzie and the D. So far, Ozzie looks to be back to his old form, and this month should help him get into a groove with all of the games so close together (thought WTF was he thinking on the turnover in P2?). Not sure why Ericsson felt he had to fight for no reason whatsoever and risk handing momentum to the Devils, but at least he was off the ice for 5 minutes and not screw up :P .

Final/Regulation

Red Wings: 4 (Homer, Cleary, Hank, Pasha)

Devils: 1 (Elias)

SOG: 23 Red Wings, 34 Devils

Congrats on Ozzie's 399th career win. Hope he can break 400 this month! Back home to Detroit for the Kings on Monday. Keep it rolling, guys!

Osgoods had 1 rough start this year out of his 6 this year and even in that game he had no help at all from his team and was hung completely out to dry on 2-3 of the goals against. He's been nothihng but strong in the rest of his starts this year. The stats now reflect that with a .907 save % and a 2.48 GAA putting him ahead of Howard even on that stat. Bottom line, as many have said again and again, he's anything but "done."

And wait for it: I think his play will improve even more once he gets that 400th. It's a huge mental monkey on his back that will be good to move past.

Man Dan Larsson Chris Osgood had a great game today.

I'm glad he isn't too old and washed up.

Great game by Ozzie.

Team played well in front of him clearing rebounds and eating up loose pucks and they took advantage of their offensive chances.

Nice back-to-back wins!!!

I could not stand whoever Doc Emerick's partner was.

Doc was great as always. But that guy was TERRIBLE.

He thought that the Devils were still in the game down by 3 with 5 minutes left.

It seems like losing has been tough on that guy.

And wait for it: I think his play will improve even more once he gets that 400th. It's a huge mental monkey on his back that will be good to move past.

I think the bigger mental monkey for him is actually Sawchuck's win total but you're right in that now that he's so close to 400 he's just gotta get it over with so he doesn't think about that number anymore.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I'm not Osgood's biggest fan, but he played well tonight. Babs needs to give him some starts so Jimmy has enough gas in the tank in the playoffs.

Nice win on back to back nights, osgood was actually pretty decent, i'll always think he looks small and unfit for todays nhl but he got the win so one shouldn't complain.

Yet you found away to complain about him. At any rate he had some HUGE, legitimately huge saves. Awesome game by Osgood and it's got to be a confidence booster, even if NJ isn't an amazing team. He could have blown it. The Wings SHOULD have beaten them, and they did, and that's something positive to take from it.

Nice win on back to back nights, osgood was actually pretty decent, i'll always think he looks small and unfit for todays nhl but he got the win so one shouldn't complain.

maybe you should take your own advice.

And I can think of some people here who are small and unfit for today's LGW.

Well, ok. really only one person.

I could not stand whoever Doc Emerick's partner was.

Doc was great as always. But that guy was TERRIBLE.

He thought that the Devils were still in the game down by 3 with 5 minutes left.

It seems like losing has been tough on that guy.

even the devils fans are complaining about their color guy (chico resch)

Guest Stolberg

i enjoyed listening to doc

he seems a lot more toned down on his home broadcast

might just be a result of the devils sucking though

Fantastic effort by the Wings! A LOT of Wings fans at The Rock tonight. I got to meet Doc Emerick between the second and third periods. I was right on the aisle in section 18 and he came down between periods and it looked like he was talking with some old friends. When he came by I congratulated him on his well earned spot in the Hall of Fame. He looked at the Wings sweater and said "Your team is playing very well". I told him (Wings were up 3-0) so far so good. He said that so far seems to mean all season long. I thanked him and said we had a very challenging third period vs Montreal so anything can happen.

5253327114_da4c4d6c12_b.jpg

Fantastic effort by the Wings! A LOT of Wings fans at The Rock tonight. I got to meet Doc Emerick between the second and third periods. I was right on the aisle in section 18 and he came down between periods and it looked like he was talking with some old friends. When he came by I congratulated him on his well earned spot in the Hall of Fame. He looked at the Wings sweater and said "Your team is playing very well". I told him (Wings were up 3-0) so far so good. He said that so far seems to mean all season long. I thanked him and said we had a very challenging third period vs Montreal so anything can happen.

5253327114_da4c4d6c12_b.jpg

cool story! I am glad you had fun and that the Wings won for you. :thumbup:

yes i love you ozzie!! thank you!!

beautiful start to the game god damn!

datsyuk was amazing! so was ozzie!

2nd line sucks!

3rd line has trouble exiting the zone but good othewise

4th line was awesome!

amazing game ozzie, 33 great saves

I really didnt realize how bad the devils were omg. i see them messing up simple passes and losing the puck just stick handling basic s*** a 10 year old can do. Kovy epically he lost control of quite too many passes.

Anyway keep it up wings! and ozzie 399!

datsyuk 4th in the league in points!!

Edited by brett

Yeah, I had two takeaways from tonight. Datsyuk and Zetterberg are tip top and when they play with Cleary I think they're the best line in the NHL. Ozzie played his usual quiet, solid, no drama road game and again comes out with the win. I sure wish tonight had been his 400th win, it would have been a treat to be there for history.

Edited by Jersey Wing

Guest Hatethedrake!

I wonder how Kovalchuk feels these days. He's getting paid, sure. But man oh man his "legacy" is in trouble. Not sure if he even cares though.

I think Kovalchuk needs some shooting practice. He missed the net about 10 times it seemed.

Anyone else think Brodeur should retire? The guy obviously doesn't get any help from his D but man, he sure doesn't look very good anymore.

You're actually starting to hear that muttered in the bathrooms at the Prudential Center. The sad thing is I thought they HAD their next decent goalie in Clemmensen who played so well when Brodeur was out for so long a couple seasons back. I can pinpoint the moment Brodeur started to lose it. Game 7 vs Carolina two years ago, first round. Brodeur hacked two VERY SIMILAR goals to the ones the Wings scored so quickly tonight in the last 90 seconds. The Devils were practically into round two and then Brodeur looked like he needed a seeing eye dog. Roy went pretty quick as well. I think losing to the Wild in his next to last season after being up 3-1 and St. Patrick couldn't close out the Wild. You kinda knew right then it was over.

What can the Devils do to get a top flight goalie when a couple times this year they haven't even fielded a full team because of salary cap issues? I don't even wanna ask how much Kovalchuk's secondary assist on Elias' goal tonight cost the Devils.

yes i love you ozzie!! thank you!!

beautiful start to the game god damn!

datsyuk was amazing! so was ozzie!

2nd line sucks!

3rd line has trouble exiting the zone but good othewise

4th line was awesome!

amazing game ozzie, 33 great saves

I really didnt realize how bad the devils were omg. i see them messing up simple passes and losing the puck just stick handling basic s*** a 10 year old can do. Kovy epically he lost control of quite too many passes.

Anyway keep it up wings! and ozzie 399!

datsyuk 4th in the league in points!!

tied 3rd with Ovi.