• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
eva unit zero

Tomas Kopecky

Rate this topic

I say so, too. Further, I say that while eva is probably a nice guy, he's also got an unhealthy fixation on being "right". In this case--as with others--he's willing to twist the stats in order to have the chance to say "See? I was right."

No offense, eva, but there's no reason for that.

Pretty bad. Of the uncountable times he's been shown to be wrong or off-base with his arguments, he's never (that I've seen) conceded or admitted imprefection, just disappearing from a thread never to be seen again. Then when he's right 1 out of 50 times, he'll repeatedly bring it up ensuring it's not forgotten. Perhaps someone needed more attention as a child.

Nope. I didn't have an initial opinion on Quincey.

Haha, nice.

Pretty bad. Of the uncountable times he's been shown to be wrong or off-base with his arguments, he's never (that I've seen) conceded or admitted imprefection, just disappearing from a thread never to be seen again. Then when he's right 1 out of 50 times, he'll repeatedly bring it up ensuring it's not forgotten. Perhaps someone needed more attention as a child.

Maybe we should all chip in to get him a hooker.

Did you misspell imperfection for a little irony?

Haha, nice.

Maybe we should all chip in to get him a hooker.

Did you misspell imperfection for a little irony?

I know my mind is a billion times faster than my fingers and I often trip over my words where one finger is a fraction ahead of one of my others.....or he was trying to be ironic ha

I'm sure Hudler has a couple hookers he could lend?

Pretty bad. Of the uncountable times he's been shown to be wrong or off-base with his arguments, he's never (that I've seen) conceded or admitted imprefection, just disappearing from a thread never to be seen again.

*waves*

Hi.

What threads did you say I disappeared from? I will gladly go back and take a look at them if you feel I didn't hold up my end of the debate properly.

rob_brown_3.jpg

Tomas Kopecky, meet Rob Brown. The winger who, in one season, scored over 25% of his 13-year NHL career points playing alongside Super Mario.

Eva, we assume for someone who does so much research in backing up his arguments, you would be able to figure out the reasoning behind Kopecky's point totals this year on your own. Don't make us lose faith in you now...

I think Kopecky proved he has decent hands when he got some top-6 time with Wings in '08-'09. I always had a soft spot for him, but I wouldn't swap him for anyone in current Wings roster, 'cause I have soft spots for them too. I'm a softy sometimes. Besides I don't think Kopecky would be an upgrade over anyone. He's not good enough offensively to be a top-sixer and not gritty enough to be a bottom-sixer.

Stats don't tell the whole truth, but somehow the best players usually lead the +/-. There are instances when player gets plusses and minuses when they don't deserve them, but these things tend to even out when enough games have been played. I think player shouldn't be -9 when playing with the likes of Toews, Kane, Sharp, Keith and Seabrook.

15 of Kopecky's 18 points are assists and that has a lot to do with who he's playing with.

Anyway, he's not that bad to get that ice time with Hawks. That takeaway stat is impressive. I'd still rather have Eaves or Miller in the Wings' top line for a short period of time in case another plague of injuries hits the roster.

Edited by P. Marlowe

Well, I know most of you around here thought Tomas Kopecky was useless as a Wing, and would never become anything. Some of you may remember those of us who did think he could be good suggesting that he could or would likely develop into a second line power forward.

Just thought I would bring up some current stats:

32 GP, 3g-15a-18pt, tied for 96th in forward scoring (places him as a second line forward , offensively), 26 takeaways (tied for 16th)

Any thoughts?

K... Good for him and best of luck to him. Still don't miss him all that much on here.

And +/- is fairly a moot point when it is around 0, typically your better players or point getters will have higher +'s the majority of time.

As others have brought up, Kopecky is a fairly decent - despite having a respectable amount of points. You've shown positive bias towards him in the past when very few people did and will continue to not do so, which is fine and I have no problem with that, you like who you like.

You conveniently though left out his cons/possible cons to spin your argument, in this case him being a decent - number, and you've done this plenty in the past in order to support your arguments, don't even try to deny it. This is just another example. As has been told to you plenty in the past, it is not all about numbers and they can easily be twisted around to support or refute and argument.

You aren't going to convince many to wish having him back here.

Doing better than flip.

Like hell he is.

I'll take Flip's 7 goals and 9 assists and his play as a legit two way forward over Bambi on ice out there and his three goals (one of which I saw and even commented on in a GDT because he seriously came stumbling toward the net and the puck ended up there with the net wide open for him to slam home) falling on his ass trying to hit and generally being a defensive liability.

And to use Kopecky and Power Forward in the same sentence is ridiculous unless "got his ass beat by a" is between those two words.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

I always liked him when he played for the Griffins but he never seemed to get any better. Not sure if it was work ethic or what, but he seemed to plateau pretty quick, which was disappointing.

Also, +/- is an important indicator of defensive ability, and Kopecky's is horrible.

Sidney Crosby and Ville Leino are +14. Pavel Datsyuk is +10.

Nathan Horton and Danny Briere are tied for the league lead at +17.

Which player listed do you think is the best defensively?

I really liked Kopecky, and I was really disappointed that he got injured that couldn't be a part of our Stanley Cup success.

I was disappointed to see him leave, and there's no doubt that statistically he's performing way better than most thought he would, or even could. He's doing a pretty reasonable job for the Hawks, and his contract certainly wasn't the disaster for Chicago that seemingly most thought it would be.

Sidney Crosby and Ville Leino are +14. Pavel Datsyuk is +10.

Nathan Horton and Danny Briere are tied for the league lead at +17.

Which player listed do you think is the best defensively?

right, it's obviously a flawed stat. someone who's amazing defensively but plays on the fourth line and doesn't score much is likely to be negative despite their superb defensive ability.

just like in (arguably) every sport, all stats are, to some degree, team stats. sure, there are rare cases where someone carries the team on their back (see Crosby as of right now), but in most cases, goalie's GAAs depend greatly on the team in front of them, and goals and assists are highly influenced by the people around you.

like with all of those stats, it's important to look at trends and not just bark out random stats at a given time. if a given player consistently has a good plus-minus rating on, say, various teams at various times, then you could probably say pretty safely that they score a lot and play good defense. perhaps plus-minus is MORE susceptible to fluke fluctuations than other stats, but i don't think it's completely worthless.

hudler is a team-worst -7; datsyuk is a team-best +10. that shouldn't be surprising. what might be surprising is that abbie is tied with pavs at +10. then again, i think most fans have felt like abbie's played really well this year -- hudler has played like s***.

the fact that kopecky plays good minutes with good linemates and still has a s***ty plus-minus rating does indeed say something, even if it's far from a definitive something.

also worth noting that the top three plus-minus players in the league are on philadelphia -- they also have the best goal differential in the league, at +34. they have one guy in the minus column. chicago is near even as a team (+3 total goal diff) and they have a bunch of minus guys. so, yeah, again, it's a team stat in a lot of ways, but kopy is second to worst on his own team. again, that in no way tells the whole story, but i think it is telling.

Edited by stormboy

Guest Heaten

Lol @ this fail of a thread. Kopecky has a whopping 3 goals in 1/3 of the season. He's on pace for what....7 goals? What a powerforward that pecker has become!!!!11

I'll take Patrick Eaves for a million dollars less who has put up 5 goals and is a +2 in less games played.

By the way, eva is a girl. And her opinion of of +/- stats about being a none-telling stat is pretty much how I feel about secondary assists. Kopecky wouldn't even crack the line-up in Detroit with players like Eaves, Miller, Helm and Abdelkader are all better and more important to the teams success. Hell, even Ville Leino is a better player than Kopecky and he earns half as much as Kopecker.

Lame thread

Edited by Heaten

Guest Stolberg

you guys should do more constructive things like telling people to do constructive things

Lol @ this fail of a thread. Kopecky has a whopping 3 goals in 1/3 of the season. He's on pace for what....7 goals? What a powerforward that pecker has become!!!!11

I'll take Patrick Eaves for a million dollars less who has put up 5 goals and is a +2 in less games played.

By the way, eva is a girl. And her opinion of of +/- stats about being a none-telling stat is pretty much how I feel about secondary assists. Kopecky wouldn't even crack the line-up in Detroit with players like Eaves, Miller, Helm and Abdelkader are all better and more important to the teams success. Hell, even Ville Leino is a better player than Kopecky and he earns half as much as Kopecker.

Lame thread

Thought Eva is male, married, has a kid or 2, and a hx of seizures? That is why he uses certain text and can not be subject to certain things, such as Stolberg's avatar

Edited by Rivalred

Lame thread

Kopecky may not be the most prolific goal scorer on the team, but he would be third on the Wings in assists. His stats are rather similar actually to board favorite Todd Bertuzzi. LGW tends to consider Bertuzzi a power forward...what's so different about Kopecky? His defense? His nationality? His willingness to try and kill someone for crashing into his teammate and injuring him in a race for the puck? None of that makes someone a power forward.

And I have one other question...is this your fourth or fifth account?

Thought Eva is male, married, has a kid or 2, and a hx of seizures? That is why he uses certain text and can not be subject to certain things, such as Stolberg's avatar

When did this thread become about me?

Guest Heaten

I am sure the poster here named eva unit zero is, in fact, female. She's been here for awhile. I don't feel like digging posts up, but I am pretty sure she told everyone here she was a girl back in 2003/04 or something.

Edited by Heaten

Kopecky may not be the most prolific goal scorer on the team, but he would be third on the Wings in assists. His stats are rather similar actually to board favorite Todd Bertuzzi. LGW tends to consider Bertuzzi a power forward...what's so different about Kopecky? His defense? His nationality? His willingness to try and kill someone for crashing into his teammate and injuring him in a race for the puck? None of that makes someone a power forward.

And I have one other question...is this your fourth or fifth account?

When did this thread become about me?

Do you indeed agree the information in my post is correct more/less or if I am wrong, please feel free to correct me

Edited by Rivalred