• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/22 GDT: Canucks 4 at Red Wings 5 (OT)

Rate this topic

someone here said Hank needed to step up, with Pasha out. How about the GWG?

Great game, and thank you, Hank!!!

No kidding. He is as clutch as it gets. Just hope people remember this the next time they decide a mindless rant about his play slacking. HAHA its LGW! What was I thinking?!?

Hank, you slow piece of crap... you only got 3 points tonight ;)

In all seriousness though, what a good close game. I enjoyed most of it.

It's pretty annoying how Cleary and Holmstrom got repeatedly mugged, though. Also, I think karma bit Ehrhoff in the butt for his embellishment on the high stick earlier in the game. It's all good juju baby.

Guest Crymson

Rafalski with 21 assists in 23 games. Three assists tonight.

Aye. Having one bad game does not make him a waste of a life.

Here are my thoughts on the game :

- This was a great character win for the Red Wings... this showed how good they really are for several reasons; being on a 2 game losing streak, losing Pavs, going down a goal twice... but they kept the pressure up and they played a solid all around game

- I thought all of the forwards did an excellent job stepping up in Pavs absence, as they had to and will have to if he remains out

- I am still not liking these defense pairings and would like to see Babs change them up

- Howard is still looking shakey at times in net. He has now let 24 goals in in his last 7 starts if he wants to be the starter he needs to get better than that... as of now I want to see Ozzy playing more games than this; preferably a goalie rotation

- I thought Rafi had an awesome game tonight ( Funny how I don't hear anyone talking about how he is a waste of space or whatever that nonsense was)

Now, about Pavs, I think it looked worse than it was... he DID play a shift at the end of the first which IMO is a good sign (Babs would not have put him out there if it was too serious)... I think that during the intermission they sent him for X- Rays just to be safe as that is what this organization does thankfully. Anyways we will see but I think that is the case, and lets hope so :)

Agree with the above poster on the defensive pairings.

We've given up way too many goals lately, and I don't think it's a coincidence. It seemed to start right around the time we began these pairings.

I mean, who the hell pairs Rafalski with Ericsson? That's just asking for trouble.

Other than his glove save at the start of the third, Howard was sub-par. Fortunately, Luongo was worse. The defense has to do a better job around our net as well - Jimmy can't do it all.

I mean, who the hell pairs Rafalski with Ericsson? That's just asking for trouble.

What's funny is they've both been doing well individually (save Rafalski's last game), both chipping in on a lot of plays with good puck movement. Not thrilled with them as a pair, though.

Thank you guys, for finishing this one for your wounded comrade. Hopefully it's nothing serious and he'll not miss the game in St. Louis. If he does, though, it would be three days' rest and might not be a bad thing.

What's funny is they've both been doing well individually (save Rafalski's last game), both chipping in on a lot of plays with good puck movement. Not thrilled with them as a pair, though.

Ericsson has actually had a really solid season, after a disappointing one last year.

Rafalski is playing well offensively, but continues to make stupid pinches at all the wrong times.

I just feel nervous when they're on the ice.

Thank you guys, for finishing this one for your wounded comrade. Hopefully it's nothing serious and he'll not miss the game in St. Louis. If he does, though, it would be three days' rest and might not be a bad thing.

Read the other thread.