• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/22 GDT: Canucks 4 at Red Wings 5 (OT)

Rate this topic

If that's true it's 4-8weeks :ranting:

Yep. Minimum.

And if it's an understatement, could be longer. The wrist is not just one bone, that can be reset into position to heal. The Wrist contains hundreds of little particles of injury just waiting to happen. 15 small bones, not including the radial and ulnar bones, and the bones in the hands, fingers, etc. Ligaments connecting all of those, and muscles making them all work. A typical wrist injury is not like say...breaking your Tibia falling off a roof, where one bone and some tissue is damaged. Wrist injuries often include multiple bones, and multiple s*** attached to those bones. Rarely every is a wrist injury a "Clean" injury. Usually it's a huge mess, where some bones fragment, half a dozen ligaments are torn, some tissue dies, etc.

Wrist injuries are VERY VERY prone to being chronic problems.

I say this because 1) I was a medic in the army. 2) I have broken my wrists 7 times, 5 on the left wrist, 2 on the right. After the final break, it took nearly 4 years to recover to a point I consider "completely". Most of the breaks happened skating.

A wrist injury is no joke. I would almost rather he broke his liver.

Edited by Joey v3.4

Maybe ... could just be a sprain and they're taking care ... sprain might be a week or two, but obviously much better scenario than a break or fracture.

Everyone say their prayers.

I'm trying to be optimistic

Nucks PP is impressive.....come to think of it, their whole team is.

We're in a massive hurtlocker without Pavel. Everyone use your Christmas Wish to make him get better fast.

Edited by syntax

Maybe ... could just be a sprain and they're taking care ... sprain might be a week or two, but obviously much better scenario than a break or fracture.

Everyone say their prayers.

Dp

Edited by nate94gt