• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kingston

Red Wings asked NHL not to pick Zetterberg for all star game

Rate this topic

Crosby's probably the reason he didn't get into the ASG. He probably pissed and moaned that he didn't want to get showed up.

I was actually naive enough to think that the League would pick the best players for the ASG, but after seeing their picks, I realized that I gave them to much credit.

I don't want any of the Wings to play. I'd prefer they rest and it's a stupid exhibition game that I never watch. I thought the new plan was a good idea but then they just threw it in the toilet (IMO) when they came out with the picks.

It's not just the Wings. Philly also only has 1 guy.

The #2 team in the West and the #1 team in the east have a combined total of 2 all stars. How does the league expect us to take them seriously. They basically have said they don't care who the best players are they are picking who they want for the all star game.

And that pisses me off.

Wouldn't it be a cool idea for the ASG if the Hart winner and runner-up from last year were named Captains and they got to choose ANY guys from ANY team in the NHL and they made up the teams from that?

We'd let the runner-up pick first.

Wouldn't it be a cool idea for the ASG if the Hart winner and runner-up from last year were named Captains and they got to choose ANY guys from ANY team in the NHL and they made up the teams from that?

We'd let the runner-up pick first.

Not a bad idea. Adding the previous season's Conn Smythe winner into the mix might not be a bad idea either.

also, Like the previous All-Star game with Dats and Lids.... They do not want to be suspended if opting out after they've already been picked. With all the injuries of late, Z has been worked harder then planned..So Ken Holland took action way before hand, so that Z can get some rest time for his back

on a lighter note, I think Zetterberg should use a longer stick, he uses such a tiny stick..no wonder he has back problems

I think the league should consider moving the ASG to the off-season. Put it around the time of the awards-show (hell, you could play it in Vegas annually in hopes of getting more fans) and opening of free-agency. It would bring a little more excitement to a pretty long and barren summer.

I'd never thought of that, but I really like that idea. Make it kind of like the Pro Bowl.

it doesn't bother me that we only have one player going to the game. i would rather our guys rest and practice on their own and be ready come the second half of the season. plus all that matters is hoisting lord stanley in june..

hank isn't in it, cause wings already have pavel, cleary, flippula, modano injured. why risk him playing and getting injured.

Edited by hokeychik22

it doesn't bother me that we only have one player going to the game. i would rather our guys rest and practice on their own and be ready come the second half of the season. plus all that matters is hoisting lord stanley in june..

hank isn't in it, cause wings already have pavel, cleary, flippula, modano injured. why risk him playing and getting injured.

Honestly, rest isn't a factor, I don't think. It's the ASG, nobody actually tries to play, so I find it hard to believe it's tiring. My only concern with Zetterberg is that he's obviously fighting off his back injury and even goofing around at an ASG he could pull something.

But it is strange to have so few players from the top teams in the league.

I think the league should consider moving the ASG to the off-season. Put it around the time of the awards-show (hell, you could play it in Vegas annually in hopes of getting more fans) and opening of free-agency. It would bring a little more excitement to a pretty long and barren summer.

This would be a great idea. More players would play, since there is no longer worry about injuries with playoffs upcoming, and it also gives players another reason to stay in shape over the off season.

I was actually naive enough to think that the League would pick the best players for the ASG, but after seeing their picks, I realized that I gave them to much credit.

I don't want any of the Wings to play. I'd prefer they rest and it's a stupid exhibition game that I never watch. I thought the new plan was a good idea but then they just threw it in the toilet (IMO) when they came out with the picks.

It's not just the Wings. Philly also only has 1 guy.

The #2 team in the West and the #1 team in the east have a combined total of 2 all stars. How does the league expect us to take them seriously. They basically have said they don't care who the best players are they are picking who they want for the all star game.

And that pisses me off.

Yeah man, f**k the NHL for listening to the teams and not selecting guys that didn't want to play because they feel like they'd benefit from the weekend of rest!

The NHL is lazy and they suck. :ph34r:

Also, not sure who else the NHL would pick from the Wings since Z told them he didn't feel like it. Dats is out, and none of our other players are good enough (maybe Franzen if this were the playoffs?).

Edited by Theophany

Yeah man, f**k the NHL for listening to the teams and not selecting guys that didn't want to play because they feel like they'd benefit from the weekend of rest!

The NHL is lazy and they suck. :ph34r:

Also, not sure who else the NHL would pick from the Wings since Z told them he didn't feel like it. Dats is out, and none of our other players are good enough (maybe Franzen if this were the playoffs?).

Completely agree with you. A lot of people here are getting all upset about us having only 1 player in the game. We only have 3 all star caliber players this year, Dats is injured and Zets asked not to be in the game. It seems people here are just looking for something to be upset about, would you rather they forced Zets to play? Maybe force Dats as well?

Lol, this thread makes me laugh. Who else has played like an all-star this year besides Datsyuk (injured) Zetterberg (asked not to play) and Lidstrom (picked)? Maybe Howard because he is tied for most wins in the league? But he hasn't actually been playing like an all-star. I guess the only other argument you can make is Rafalski since he is top 10 in DMan scoring while playing 10 games less than most.

Rafalski is the true snub of this team. He's 2nd in points per game, behind only Lidas.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Z has been looking like he's playing hurt at times the last few weeks. I assume it's his back, since he's still playing and performing. This would make good sense when considering the All-star game.